• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

zeox

Best OP title in a while (I've seen it so many times and it still makes me chuckle) and a great OP in general. great work!

Woffls

531EF08F3343B10012
:( Tempted to import the Xbone version for that reversible cover... stupid Europe.

Sky Chief

531EF08F332EBA001E

531EF08F3343B10012

wow didn't know US version get reversible Shinkawa art cover. Might consider getting physical copy now

You sure this is the US version? If so, that is awesome! I hope the PS4 version gets this too.

Great OT and great title. So excited for this game, only one week to go.

nns3d

Can't believe this comes out next week.

Excited to play this even though
it sounds like a lot of the game was spoiled during the E3 trailer haha.

Damn it, I just realised GZ's R3 release here has 2 SKUs, one with Japanese dub and one with English dub.

... Decisions, decisions...

adelante

Frackin hell that title had me in stitches XD

Then there's the bloody OP.

Immediately got reminded of that one OT which was also done in magazine style format then I realized it's by the same gaffer. Bravo sir, BRAVO. :D

Can't wait to finally put my PS4 to real use with this game!

Jawmuncher

That's wrong. Plenty of people told Kojima. Which is why MGS 4 turned into complete shit. Because people told Kojima.

Kojima, who are teh patriotz?
Kojima, y is Raiden teh gay?
Kojima, what's the science behind Liquid's arm?
Kojima, why is the vamp walking on water?
Kojima, dis ending is sux and depressive, we want it changed because reasons and we're making the game.

Kojima got his Kojimmies rustled.

Sad to this day that Kojima caved into those demands with MGS4. Especially the ending.
Didn't help we never got a substance version that could have perhaps worked as a directors cut and changed some things. Thankfully looks like MGSV is shaping up to be what 4 should have been.

despire

Pretty disappointed with the lack of reversible cover in the PAL version. Especially because Europe used to get Shinkawas art as the cover before.

Reversible art is cool but I'm one of those goons that thinks without the console label tab at the top of the spine that it makes it look kind of generic.

But Christ, I guess it isn't as generic as Big Boss' face taking up much of the normal cover.

Betty

Banned
Is this the first review?

Seems so, hard to deduce much from Famitsu scores when it comes to MGS though, they did give MGS4 and Peace Walker perfect scores... and will probably continue the tradition with Phantom Pain.

They gave Dark Souls II 1 point less than Ground Zeroes.

Alienous

The current gen version of the game looks damn good. The button prompts are the only things I can differentiate in a streamed video. Moving foliage and the works, it seems.

dreamfall

Exciting times! Got it coming from Amazon, the game release dates are kicking into high gear!

Excited to play it on the PS4, and really give the game slice a proper whirl. It looks incredible! Hoping CQC is still fun to mess about with.

Great OT! Still forever saddened by the lack of Hayter.

I haven't really cared much for any of the post-MGS3 Big Boss-centric games, so I don't really know what happens in them and I'm not familiar with any of the characters from those despite knowing of them. I played a lot of Peace Walker but didn't finish it. Is it pretty mandatory to play that one before Ground Zeroes? Maybe that's why I haven't been frothing at the mouth for this, I'm a Solid Snake guy through and through.

sn00zer

Read the spoilers....dont think Ill be getting this...there is no way in hell Kojima is going to be able to handle the themes he brings up in an adult manner

BigBoss

I haven't really cared much for any of the post-MGS3 Big Boss-centric games, so I don't really know what happens in them and I'm not familiar with any of the characters from those despite knowing of them. I played a lot of Peace Walker but didn't finish it. Is it pretty mandatory to play that one before Ground Zeroes? Maybe that's why I haven't been frothing at the mouth for this, I'm a Solid Snake guy through and through.

Playing Peace Walker is mandatory or at the very least you should watch the cutscenes on youtube. I hear theres a previous story section in the main menu of Ground Zeroes that should get you all caught up.

Blader

GZ is supposed to have a recap of Peace Walker included, and I think Kojima is more or less ignoring Portable Ops.

Alienous

This MGS5 version of Heavens Divide is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_g5O9osZ-c

You might want to tag some of that. Or edit it to "A rendition of a song from Peace Walker".

As far as I can tell, the way it appears in the game and the fact that it's even in it, people might not want to know. The game isn't large on content, but that song appearing is certainly going to be a surprise for most fans, I'm sure.

Thanks.

Top Bottom