• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

GSVHekw.gif

Argghhhh
I won't be able to play this till April Kaz no money.

Next time I gotta make sure to pre-order the games so this won't happen. I'll have to go on a blackout for 2 weeks so I don't get spoiled.

I want to order this from the MS store since I have credit with them but their damn website still shows $39.99 for the X1 version. =\

Tora, have you seem remote play on the Vita, and if yes how were the controls? Customizable for the screen at all?

Other than the Remote Play screens Kojima has sent out, not yet. But it will be one of the first things I do once I get a box copy. I'll let you know if I get it before launch.

My apologies, for some reason I thought you were a UK rep.

No problem, I'm just sorry I'm ill-equipped to answer. I'll try to get my Euro-compatriot on GAF one day.

Other than the Remote Play screens Kojima has sent out, not yet. But it will be one of the first things I do once I get a box copy. I'll let you know if I get it before launch.

How does a casual scum like "Prim3dopeness" (Twitch) get to play Ground Zeroes early while the great ToraShiro is hanging around with the rest of us, just waiting?!

JUST WATCH THIS! [and ignore how horrible David Hayter's voicework is]
http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted/b/496997591 < starts at 4hr 55min mark
http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted/b/497146584

Full storyline run though Peace Walker, with special focus on most important tapes and everything that will be of importance for Ground Zeroes. Incredible play-through on hardest difficulty.

The only thing that you need to know from Portable Ops is that there Big Boss first established his mercenary army [MSF], got the funding he needed, met Frank Jaeger for the first time, heard from dying psychic that he will be killed by his sons, and heard of the concept of Outer Heaven.

Ahhh thanks!

Much appreciated. Are Paz and Chico from the PSP games? I don't recall those names from the console titles.

Heh, tells you a lot about how weird it is those units got out, huh? We're looking into it.

Best of luck, man! Seriously. As a fan and someone who has never been disappointed with a Konami purchase (Kojima Productions, in particular), it is really frustrating to read about things like that.
Despite not being a fan of EA, I hate that it happened with Titanfall as well.

guys, you guys.

Should I finish Peace Walker before buying this? Game is cool and all, but fighting all these Metal Gears is turning into a drag.

So....the PS3 version is of 2GB in size...

Anyone knows or has information about the PS4 version?

I'm assuming 4GB+ for those Hi-res textures and what not.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
guys, you guys.

Should I finish Peace Walker before buying this? Game is cool and all, but fighting all these Metal Gears is turning into a drag.

Yes, fighting the AI robots gets easier when you unlock the battle suit. Just make sure you load up on all your rocket launchers and recovery items.

LMG's are also solid against them.

No problem, I'm just sorry I'm ill-equipped to answer. I'll try to get my Euro-compatriot on GAF one day.

Awesome, I really appreciate it, I am sure you getting access will be before 6 pm for me next week, I will lurk your name until then haha.

I just hope they allowed for remapping some of the buttons to different parts of the screen, thanks again for the heads up though!

Fehyd

Banned
Kinda torn between digital and physical. Was hoping for digital but that doesn't seem to be live on psn. Might have to bite the bullet and get physical the day of.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The alternate cover might have just made me buy this physical. Is it on the NA PS4 version too?

Just read about it only being 2GB on PS3? That certainly is demo size. All in on physical though. MGS games are always day one for me regardless of wtf it is.

PS4 size is under 4GB (3.6 I think) according to a post on N4G.

Bio-Frost

Any news on if the block preventing you from streaming the ending will be removed after launch? Kinda dorky but my mom loves metal gear and ive played every game in the series for her, but now that im across the country I was going to stream it but that will be kinda ruined if you cant stream the ending.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
One more week.

One. More. Week.

Dark Souls and house cleaning will make it go by lightning fast (just like some peoples' first playthrough lol).

Gonna go hardest difficulty and all the handicaps off first time through.

cackhyena

One more week.

One. More. Week.

Dark Souls and house cleaning will make it go by lightning fast (just like some peoples' first playthrough lol).

Gonna go hardest difficulty and all the handicaps off first time through.
My first play through won't be so quick. Way too much I wanna soak in. Pretty sure you have to play through on normal to unlock hard. Another poster said it earlier today.

grkazan12

Kinda torn between digital and physical. Was hoping for digital but that doesn't seem to be live on psn. Might have to bite the bullet and get physical the day of.

Same here man, I'm still undecided on the whole physical and digital topic. I want Ground Zeroes to sit by my MGS games, but I do love the convenience of digital for PS4.

Are you guys going digital or physical for Ground Zeroes?

cackhyena

I'm just as torn. I want the convenience of digitally switching to the game because inFamous will be arriving a few days later...but I like that reversible cover.

Spaghetti

kind of regretting going physical on ps3, i think i've got just enough room left on the 12gb flashdisk to get the download file and the actual game file onto the system if it is only 2gb on last gen.

Holy shit @ the reversible cover! Glad I preordered a physical copy. Im just assuming the PS4 version in the US will be the same...

PS3 Digital pre-order is set to go once the PlayStation Store updates (North America). Digital for PS4 will be up day and date with the game (depending on time zone).

UrbanRats

Wait, the Euro version doesn't have the reversible cover? Did they said why?

A Metal Gear without a Shinkawa cover it's no Metal Gear to me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm in Canada, so I'm gonna guess we won't get that reverseable cover when they print an English/French version of the US cover :/

Well fuck now I need to go physical. Any news if the PS4 version has a reversible too? (or the other versions for that matter)

Holy shit @ the reversible cover! Glad I preordered a physical copy. Im just assuming the PS4 version in the US will be the same...

It's safe to say that it will be, fellas. Just watched an unboxing video of the Xbox One version of the game, and the reversible cover was visible! :)

Typomancer

Neo Member
Sigh. I was set to make my PS4 all-digital barring the copy of Killzone that came bundled with the thing, but that cover is making me reconsider… seems I’m not the only one.

Also, the title of this OT made me laugh out loud. Thanks to whoever was responsible for it.

I'm in Canada, so I'm gonna guess we won't get that reverseable cover when they print an English/French version of the US cover :/

Every Konami game I bought since 2010 had English, French, and Spanish on the covers. I guess this is to cut costs and ship the same copies to the US and Canada.

PS3 Digital pre-order is set to go once the PlayStation Store updates (North America). Digital for PS4 will be up day and date with the game (depending on time zone).

Ah that's good, I assume it'll go up in other regions later this week. I'm interested in seeing how much the PS3 digital version costs on the New Zealand store.

FrankWza

531EF08F332EBA001E

531EF08F3343B10012

wow didn't know US version get reversible Shinkawa art cover. Might consider getting physical copy now

im joining the quote parade on this image.been in every GZ thread and looked at as much info as i thought was possible and im just finding this out now? love it!

Excellent!

And that reversible cover is amazing! Reversible covers should be the standard for Metal Gear games unless the main cover is already featuring Shinkawa's art.

Fehyd

Banned

Does that mean it's getting a midnight release on ps4 digital depending on timezone?

Replicant

That reversible cover better be in the Australian version as well or I'm importing from the US. It's bad enough we got a censored South Park.

Does that mean it's getting a midnight release on ps4 digital depending on timezone?

Yuh, sorta. It's based on how Sony breaks up their regions. For instance, PSN US is all one region, so it goes up Midnight EST.

Xbox digital version will be up on release date too, right?

Sure will be. But their servers are set up differently, so Midnight on all time zones. (Once again, I can only comment to North America and parts of South America)

JayEH

Sucks that we can't pre order digitally for PS4. At least the download size isn't huge.

Edit: Also no Platinum trophy :(

Top Bottom