• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metriod (Prime) Franschise contradicts Nintendo's Hardware Philosophy. Would Benefits Greatly with Powerful console..

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My take is good designs and unique mechanics all come from developers themselves rather than tech. We saw this with how Dead Rising 4 is less interactive compare to the original game even tho it was running on much, much more powerful system while original Dead Rising was 360 launch title. It’s always about talented developers and designers rather than having powerful system.

NikuNashi

Do you think the Metriod franshise is gimped becasue of Nintendo hardware unlike other games or is there something else?

One of the greatest most memorable game series I have ever played, Gameplay, Visuals, Art Syle and Audio are all perfect. Iv&e never seen a game on a more powerful console that has a strong and consistent art style as Mertroid Prime. I couldnt disagree with you more.

Nintendo's current "philosophy" sucks cock. They haven't really made any interesting games since the Gamecube because of this.

I don't care what the shills say. You need competitive hardware if you want to keep upping the ante. Games like Metroid are 90% atmosphere. You need to keep improving visual quality to take atmosphere to the next step.

In short, fuck Nintendo and their lame mobile horse shit.

images

God yes.

History. There aren't many games on the Switch that can even run at fucking 1080p.
Resolution isn't the end all be all of graphics. DQ11 is 720p and it looks amazing.

A lot of the time it's also because they're targeting 60FPS. Can we at least give some praise to Nintendo in this regard?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Resolution isn't the end all be all of graphics. DQ11 is 720p and it looks amazing.
The other versions look better.

A lot of the time it's also because they're targeting 60FPS.
Many of those games aren't done by NIntendo and aren't technically demanding. It does seem like the hardware is holding back the games.

Can we at least give some praise to Nintendo in this regard?
No!

One of the greatest most memorable game series I have ever played, Gameplay, Visuals, Art Syle and Audio are all perfect. Iv&e never seen a game on a more powerful console that has a strong and consistent art style as Mertroid Prime. I couldnt disagree with you more.
But Prime released in a time when Nintendo cared about hardware...then it got ported to it's next gen system. Prime 4 2024 HYPE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Weilthain

Banned
I get why people will choose a console and make the case why it’s the best, but for some people it totally blinds them to the games themselves.

MP4 should be a glorious return for the series. I don’t expect it to look as good as ps5 games but that is not something I am concerned about.

Moses85

Nintendo's current "philosophy" sucks cock. They haven't really made any interesting games since the Gamecube because of this.

I don't care what the shills say. You need competitive hardware if you want to keep upping the ante. Games like Metroid are 90% atmosphere. You need to keep improving visual quality to take atmosphere to the next step.

In short, fuck Nintendo and their lame mobile horse shit.

You nailed it like a boss!

Top Bottom