• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro 2033

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Darklord said:
I sure hope this runs better than most Russian games. Even my i7 PC is trembling looking at those screenshots.:lol

360 version runs perfectly in the video I've watched so the PC version should be great.

A bunch of interesting stuff in related videos that I didn't see before. But all off screen unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FDntNalg2M&feature=fvw - you can see some one enter the main menu and start a new game. Seems to have a prologue/tutorial section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FweTVzkYMEU&feature=related - some one doing a walkthrough of the early game in english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIMg9nnOQQ&feature=related - tutorial. Ends with 8 days earlier text. So yeah its pretty much the end game before beginning type prologue/tutorial

Forget it. Might as well link some guys channel which seems to collect all the videos of the game available on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/MetroWorlds

Bi50N

Whoever takes up the challenge, send me a PM - I expect we have some new art and a few other assets we can give you!

RETROEX

It sure does look nice! hopefully the enemies' AI is good enough. This game is nowhere to be found in stores in Mexico (I mean pre-orders), not even on line stores.

kamspy

Broadbandito said:
Anyone know if newegg waits until the game ships to charge for the pre-order?

They haven't charged me yet.

I've never preordered anything else from them though, and it doesn't really say until you complete the transaction.

Draft

Since this is Steamworks, it's like FEAR2 or DoW2 where a retail copy basically activates a steam copy? Cause I'll cop it retail as practically everyone undercuts Steam prices.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Draft said:
Since this is Steamworks, it's like FEAR2 or DoW2 where a retail copy basically activates a steam copy? Cause I'll cop it retail as practically everyone undercuts Steam prices.

Yep, that's exactly how it works. You can get it as low as 37$ with free shipping currently (Newegg).

eshwaaz

This is probably old news but from their Twitter account:
Quote:
FTR, Metro has undergone substantial balancing, and the recent previews aren't an accurate reflection of difficulty / ammo quantities
Those concerns were the only things keeping me from getting truly excited for this game. Thanks for the info; great to hear.

Speaking of the Metro 2033 Twitter account, supposedly when they get to 2033 followers there's going to be some big reveal. I don't go for all that PR stuff usually but this has my curiosity piqued.

They're about halfway there now.

adelante

Neuromancer said:
Speaking of the Metro 2033 Twitter account, supposedly when they get to 2033 followers there's going to be some big reveal. I don't go for all that PR stuff usually but this has my curiosity piqued.

They're about halfway there now.
c'mon! 999 more followers to go!

kamspy said:
They haven't charged me yet.

I've never preordered anything else from them though, and it doesn't really say until you complete the transaction.

Well I ordered it. Even though with how good it looks on 360, 37 bucks ftw.

kamspy

Broadbandito said:
Well I ordered it. Even though with how good it looks on 360, 37 bucks ftw.

Sure beats $60, even if you can only end up running it at 30fps, still probably an improvement over the 360 version.

FLEABttn

Banned
Have system requirements been posted for this yet? I probably am way above but I have this illogical feeling that I should be getting the 360 version, even though I don't want to.

adelante

I think the engine was superoptimized to run on the 360 so I'd wager that it PC specs wouldn't be ridiculously high (unlike that other PC shooter whose visuals relied on brute force computing).

There's much to be happy with whichever platform you end up getting it on since it does sound like the team catered to each strengths accordingly.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering about a demo (on anyone platform)

I know the PC version is obviously going to be superior but i think I might buy it on the 360 for a change. Maybe pick it up again on Steam if the price drops.

off-topic: Steam is a rip-off now. what happened to you, man? you used to be cool.

Blizzard

Banned
D4Danger said:
I was wondering about a demo (on anyone platform)

I know the PC version is obviously going to be superior but i think I might buy it on the 360 for a change. Maybe pick it up again on Steam if the price drops.

off-topic: Steam is a rip-off now. what happened to you, man? you used to be cool.
I think Steam is always a ripoff for new games unless they're on sale on launch. The new STALKER game was $20 for instance, if you owned either of the previous games.

In general, the way to handle Steam is to wait for a deal of some sort on most any game unless you just have money to burn. :) (and I say that even though I own a lot of games on Steam)

Metro 2033 gets around 10 minutes of chatter between the 1up guys who have played. Though some of the comments are frustrating as they don't as much talk about the game, but make silly side comments which is distracting.

burgerdog

Bought this off steam today and then installed Red Faction Guerrilla and it runs like crap. I have an e8400/4850/4gb ram/W7 set up and at 1920x1080 with 4xAA(also tried no AA, ran the same), Medium Shadow Level, Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Ambient Occlusion, and Sun Shafts all On, with particle detail at high I get like 10-20 FPS. I then switched to 1280x720 and everything is on super fast mode, it's really weird. The dude I control along with the NPCs move at ridiculous speeds.

kinggroin

Banned
burgerdog said:
Bought this off steam today and then installed Red Faction Guerrilla and it runs like crap. I have an e8400/4850/4gb ram/W7 set up and at 1920x1080 with 4xAA(also tried no AA, ran the same), Medium Shadow Level, Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Ambient Occlusion, and Sun Shafts all On, with particle detail at high I get like 10-20 FPS. I then switched to 1280x720 and everything is on super fast mode, it's really weird. The dude I control along with the NPCs move at ridiculous speeds.

Either run it in DX9 mode or turn off AO and/or sunshafts (massive increase in performance). In DX10, the animations run at twice the speed, so I recommend doing the DX9 thing instead (as increasing the framerate will only make it go super-sonic).

To do the former, simply click an empty space on the desktop like a madman after launching until it's started (you don't see the desktop).

No, I'm not bullshitting you btw.

miladesn said:
Any word on a PC demo? I can't decide between 360/PC. I want to see how it runs before making a decision.

I think its safe to say that anyone with an E6600 and 9600GT or better is going to get a a considerably better looking/performing/controlling game on PC. Its a pretty safe guide for any multiplatform title that isn't a crazy quad core sucker, which the developers have already confirmed this is not.

Top Bottom