• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns (Mercury Steam, Metroid 2 reimagining, 9/15) announced for 3DS

Mael

Some people (me including) prefers ZM controls over SM. It's the only aspect aged badly of SM.

You can change button placement already and the triggers are used extensively for the diagonals.
I can get changing the walljump because seriously way too obtuse in SM.
But the base controls and the options provided should be more than enough to fit anything much better than the GBA controls which are kind of a mess.

dogen

*barf*
Why the heck would you want Super Metroid to play like Zero Mission or Fusion?

I don't remember how the controls compare exactly, but Fusion/ZM are more responsive games by far. Not sure how well that hack replicates the feel of the GBA games.

Opa-Pa

I don't think I'll ever agree with the SM vs Fusion controls argument. Sure the button config in SM is a bit weird, but the actual responsiveness, the speed, etc is definitely good and not "aged", they're just different examples of the same good gameplay.

Feels like saying classic Mega Man has aged badly because the X games are most fast paced and have more moves. Nope.

Ah yes, the portability factor! That logic is just flimsy enough to work!

Sold :D

Hell yeah.

Mael

I don't remember how the controls compare exactly, but Fusion/ZM are more responsive games by far. Not sure how well that hack replicates the feel of the GBA games.

Well to be fair before Fusion, Samus was always more of a tank.
There's some clunky parts (like the wall jump but that's not really an ability and more of a secret skill anyway, there's only 1 part that requires it and it's never properly acknowledged anyway).
I'm not saying that one way is better than the other, I'm saying that Super Metroid was thought out with Super Metroid's movement.
Not anything nimbler (because she really wasn't).
Metroid 1 & 2 were similarly clunkier in how they controlled so it's not like they were being inconsistent with Super either.
Metroid Prime took cues from that and that's why it's more deliberate in its traversal (although screw attack should be easier to pull off or I'm just tired IDK).
The control scheme though?
That's crap on GBA because it doesn't have enough buttons to begin with.
I don't get the recent focus on making Samus a ninja though, completely misses the point of Metroid gameplay loop.
They better not have buffed enemies to force people to use the counters otherwise M:SR is going to suck...

dogen

Actually, just looked up the controls for both cause it's been years. I definitely prefer the GBA style. I'd rather press the right shoulder button to aim then modify that. Using both shoulder buttons on any controller has never been very intuitive for me.

Mael

Actually, just looked up the controls for both cause it's been years. I definitely prefer the GBA style. I'd rather press the right shoulder button to aim then modify that. Using both shoulder buttons on any controller has never been very intuitive for me.

It's pretty easy, one or the other for up or down and both for up.
It makes for quicker aiming in tight spots where the GBA scheme forces more input on you to do the same thing.
Changing weapons is also crap and no amount of changing buttons is going to help there.
Then again they're not fast paced games like Megaman games were switching weapons quickly with the triggers is absolutely vital.
Metroid on GBA felt like a step down with how many stuffs felt like they had to cut to make the game.

Take the xray visor for example.
It's now a side effect of the power bomb instead of its own dedicated function.
I mean sure it makes for faster paced action but now you're limited in how you're gonna use it and it doesn't really feels natural.
Best way they could pull it off but still.

KingBroly

Banned
Well to be fair before Fusion, Samus was always more of a tank.
There's some clunky parts (like the wall jump but that's not really an ability and more of a secret skill anyway, there's only 1 part that requires it and it's never properly acknowledged anyway).
I'm not saying that one way is better than the other, I'm saying that Super Metroid was thought out with Super Metroid's movement.
Not anything nimbler (because she really wasn't).
Metroid 1 & 2 were similarly clunkier in how they controlled so it's not like they were being inconsistent with Super either.
Metroid Prime took cues from that and that's why it's more deliberate in its traversal (although screw attack should be easier to pull off or I'm just tired IDK).
I don't get the recent focus on making Samus a ninja though, completely misses the point of Metroid gameplay loop.
They better not have buffed enemies to force people to use the counters otherwise M:SR is going to suck...

I'd say Samus Returns takes more cues as a Cover Shooter than anything.

Not literally, but in the way you stop and deliberately use free aim

Mael

Well that's the alternative to using the counter mechanic I guess.
For me it's going to live and die based on how fast you can dispatch or ignore the local fauna.
Not being able to move while aiming seems like such a stupid decision though.
Easily fixable too, what's the rational exactly?
I hope it's better than not using the nunchuck because "IwanamakeMetroid1Again" really didn't cut it, made the game soooooooooooooooooooooo much worse than it could have been.
It's like they feel like making games is too easy, let's add BS decisions on top as a challenge.

It even goes against the way they're making Samus more agile too!

I see it as an extension of Metroid's arcade action roots. Specifically, taking from Treasure Games Free Aiming Mode (like in Alien Soldier for Example) where you plant yourself in exchange for better weapon aim control but you still have your directional defensive options (Parrying in Alien Soldier, Melee Counter in M:SR).

KingBroly

Banned
Well that's the alternative to using the counter mechanic I guess.
For me it's going to live and die based on how fast you can dispatch or ignore the local fauna.
Not being able to move while aiming seems like such a stupid decision though.
Easily fixable too, what's the rational exactly?
I hope it's better than not using the nunchuck because "IwanamakeMetroid1Again" really didn't cut it, made the game soooooooooooooooooooooo much worse than it could have been.
It's like they feel like making games is too easy, let's add BS decisions on top as a challenge.

It even goes against the way they're making Samus more agile too!

Well, Counter Move + Stopping to Aim and Shoot is from Sakamoto's last Metroid game. This it's just in 2D. The former of which, when abused, made the game unfun because of how easy it was to do.

I see it as an extension of Metroid's arcade action roots. Specifically, taking from Treasure Games Free Aiming Mode (like in Alien Soldier for Example) where you plant yourself in exchange for better weapon aim control but you still have your directional defensive options (Parrying in Alien Soldier, Melee Counter in M:SR).

Right...but making something ESSENTIAL to playing the game, or mastering it means there's a lack of depth. Movement wise, Samus being SUPER FAST is not supposed to be the name of the game. I don't get a sense that Samus is lighter than air in this game, though.

Mael

I think I get it.
It's a way to more easily nudge players to use the counter moves.
By forcing players to not move they can more easily time the use of the counter if they're rushed by a monster (then again why do nearly all monsters even rush you if not for nudging players to use counters?).
Still feels like putting the 3DS triggers for aim would be a better choice than switching what the analog stick does.

Well, Counter Move + Stopping to Aim and Shoot is from Sakamoto's last Metroid game. This it's just in 2D. The former of which, when abused, made the game unfun because of how easy it was to do.

You never needed to stop when shooting in Other M, because of the shitty autoaim you could run and gun with little problem.
The game would have been even worse if you had to stop all the time to shoot.

Of course, and I'll be the same broken record since at least 2010 : if you had the nunchuck you could put a reticle on the screen and have Samus shoot where you aim with the wiimote...
Game would have been sooooo much better.
Dodge with the dpad and tadaah!

KingBroly

Banned
You never needed to stop when shooting in Other M, because of the shitty autoaim you could run and gun with little problem.
The game would have been even worse if you had to stop all the time to shoot.

Missiles

Believe it or not, they were in the game. You never had to use them outside of bosses and maybe 2-3 "puzzles" which were a joke.

VDenter

Banned
Nah Zero Mission controls for life. Super Metroid controls way too floaty for my liking. It is the only thing i do not like about that game, well that and some obscure item placement. To be fair these floaty controls were kind of the standard back in the day for Metroid, they function really similarly to how Metroid 2 controls and to a lesser extend the original Metroid.

Mael

Missiles

Believe it or not, they were in the game. You never had to use them outside of bosses and maybe 2-3 "puzzles" which were a joke.

You rarely had to use them and they were incredibly badly used nearly every time.
And basically useless in battle too because of the added restriction.
Literally anything was better than resorting to missiles.

i can't grab ledges in super

You don't need to.

KingBroly

Banned
You rarely had to use them and they were incredibly badly used nearly every time.
And basically useless in battle too because of the added restriction.
Literally anything was better than resorting to missiles.

I'm simply making the comparison. If I had to guess, if Other M remained 2D, it'd be A LOT more like Super Paper Mario to open certain doors and stuff.

Toxi

Banned
Prime has massive plot holes as well, hence the plot changes for the PAL/Japanese release. Which create an even bigger plot hole, why is Metroid Prime seemingly engineered around your specific abilities of the Space Pirates did not experiment with it?

It's not really that big a deal. Yes OM has bad writing. But I found it just silly in the Japanese version, certainly far better than the horrendous English version. And the game overall is decent to me, looks great and is fun to play on both an action and (to a small extent for the series) exploration level.
Let's ignore for a moment that Prime's plot is mostly optional while Other M has nearly 2 hours of dialogue-filled cutscenes.

The "plot holes" being compared here are not even comparable in scale. "How did Metroid Prime get in and out of Impact Crater when the Space Pirates can't get in?" is not a question that is relevant to Metroid Prime, the Chozo, or the Space Pirates as concepts. It is a neat bit of trivia. Same with "Why does Metroid Prime have Samus' beam weapons?" in the PAL version.

"Why does Adam not acknowledge his own men being murdered?" is not a minor detail. Other M spends a lot of time and effort building Adam as a respectable commanding officer, emphasizing why Samus should put her trust in him. He is supposed to care deeply for his subordinates.

But then this same guy learns a traitor murdered a member of his own squad and does jackshit about it.

That is what I mean when I say "gaping plot hole." The same applies to the infamous Varia sequence. Other M's sloppy writing undermines every aspect of its own plot. And that's a really fucking bad thing when you have 2 hours of dialogue.

Are you redeeming your physical Switch games, or have your My Nintendo account linked to your eshop purchases? 20 gold coins can be obtained easily buddy...

I dont have a switch and I dont buy from the eshop, I buy physical 3ds games.

This is why I just want to give them a few bucks and get the theme. Any method I'm currently aware of for me to get the theme right now would cost more than it's worth.
According to Nintendo's site the only physical games you can redeem for gold coins are for Switch, and each game is only worth 10-15 coins meaning at least two. So you're telling me I need to spend over $450 to get the Samus theme on my 3DS? Or I could just buy a handful of digital games on 3DS that I don't even want which seems to be the "easier" route. That's not free, that's expensive. It's free for you because you already spent the money.

Hence my initial question/whining. There doesn't seem to be any good way for me to get this that I'm currently aware of and it feels silly because im sitting here trying to figure out how to give nintendo some money. If it's easy then please let me know how.

Mael

I'm simply making the comparison. If I had to guess, if Other M remained 2D, it'd be A LOT more like Super Paper Mario to open certain doors and stuff.

I can't even say we dodged a bullet here because that wouldn't have made the game better anyway...
Heck if the whole point was to make a 2D game they could have ditched team Ninja and made a DS game instead.

D.Lo

Let's ignore for a moment that Prime's plot is mostly optional while Other M has nearly 2 hours of dialogue-filled cutscenes.

The "plot holes" being compared here are not even comparable in scale. "How did Metroid Prime get in and out of Impact Crater when the Space Pirates can't get in?" is not a question that is relevant to Metroid Prime, the Chozo, or the Space Pirates as concepts. It is a neat bit of trivia. Same with "Why does Metroid Prime have Samus' beam weapons?" in the PAL version.

"Why does Adam not acknowledge his own men being murdered?" is not a minor detail. Other M spends a lot of time and effort building Adam as a respectable commanding officer, emphasizing why Samus should put her trust in him. He is supposed to care deeply for his subordinates.

But then this same guy learns a traitor murdered a member of his own squad and does jackshit about it.

That is what I mean when I say "gaping plot hole." The same applies to the infamous Varia sequence. Other M's sloppy writing undermines every aspect of its own plot. And that's a really fucking bad thing when you have 2 hours of dialogue.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't deny the facts, but those things are just not as important to me.It's a silly animu melodrama and nonsense comes along with that. I enjoyed the Japanese version of Other M. IMO I think some people's negative emotional reposnse to IMO the #1 bad thing about OM, the English voice acting, causes some to nitpick the other areas of the game harder. "Look at this birch eating crackers like she owns the place" style. OM's biggest flaw as a game, the forced linearity in a boring space ship setting, is completely shared with a much less hated game, Fusion.

Mael

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't deny the facts, but those things are just not as important to me.It's a silly animu melodrama and nonsense comes along with that. I enjoyed the Japanese version of Other M. IMO I think some people's negative emotional reposnse to IMO the #1 bad thing about OM, the English voice acting, causes some to nitpick the other areas of the game harder. "Look at this birch eating crackers like she owns the place" style. OM's biggest flaw as a game, the forced l nearity in a boring space ship setting, is completely shared with a much less hated game, Fusion.
Woah, are we going to gloss over the shitty controls, explorations, linearity and music just like that?
Because Fusion had good music and its art direction wasn't so bland too.
The great thing about Other M is that there's plenty to hate for everyone.
Even if Other M happened on an unknown planet with a much better script and VA, it still would have been shit.
Even if you cut all the cutscenes, the game would have been shit.

Opa-Pa

Woah, are we going to gloss over the shitty controls, explorations, linearity and music just like that?
Even if Other M happened on an unknown planet with a much better script and VA, it still would have been shit.

I fondly remember those like, three days after its release when not everyone wasn't as focused on criticizing the writing (which yes, is shit) because wow, everything else is trash too. I couldn't stand the game well before I reached a point where it was clear the story was off.

Actually. If Other M didn't have a bad script or VA, it probably would be seen better nowadays. Wouldn't come close to the Prime games, but more like a "eh, it was decent but way below past Metroid standards"

Beside. Why waste time talking about Other M? You can always just ignore it and focus on the now. (I personally think a Prime collection could happen since it's been a while since 4, but it's mostly wishful thinking).

Toxi

Banned
Actually. If Other M didn't have a bad script or VA, it probably would be seen better nowadays. Wouldn't come close to the Prime games, but more like a "eh, it was decent but way below past Metroid standards"

Beside. Why waste time talking about Other M? You can always just ignore it and focus on the now. (I personally think a Prime collection could happen since it's been a while since 4, but it's mostly wishful thinking).
Uh...

D.Lo

No, I have a different opinion on most of that. That's allowed you know.

OM music was boring, but Fusion had equally poor linearity for most of the game.

I found OM's art direction far superior to Fusion. Samus suit looks sleek in OM, compared to Fusion's multicoloured hunchback blob. Both are about equal in terms of environment, Fusion maybe with an edge due to nice pixel art, but OM is as sharp as anything on the Wii.

Controls were fine. Pointer thing was kind of silly but running around and shooting and killing was responsive and I found it fun.

My take as well.

KingBroly

Banned

This game has comparisons to Other M that are noticeable and deserve examination and critique. Even if you didn't play Other M, you'd still have to ask if the mechanics are overpowered or if they fit into Metroid (2D or 3D) in general. Linking it to Other M is simply a starting point for how the mechanic might play as in this game, or how it has evolved since then.

dogen

It's pretty easy, one or the other for up or down and both for up.
It makes for quicker aiming in tight spots where the GBA scheme forces more input on you to do the same thing.

Yeah, I know how it works.. I've played all the games and I'm telling you what I prefer based on experience.

Toxi

Banned
Wasn't Other M the first Metroid game to not introduce a single new power up into the franchise?
Diffusion Beam, though a glorified Spazer ain't setting the world on fire.

Also, Zero Mission. Power Grip shouldn't count as "new" considering it's just an ability from Fusion changed to a power-up.

On the note of Other M upgrades, Energy Parts are a horrible idea.

Mael

I fondly remember those like, three days after its release when not everyone wasn't as focused on criticizing the writing (which yes, is shit) because wow, everything else is trash too. I couldn't stand the game well before I reached a point where it was clear the story was off.
I'll give credit on them making a very consistent game.
It's crap all over, if you wanted to do a palatable fan edit you would have to cut nearly everything!

Well would have been a shame really, there's so much wrong with that game.
It's a bad action game and probably the worst Metroidvania game ever.

This is why I just want to give them a few bucks and get the theme. Any method I'm currently aware of for me to get the theme right now would cost more than it's worth.
According to Nintendo's site the only physical games you can redeem for gold coins are for Switch, and each game is only worth 10-15 coins meaning at least two. So you're telling me I need to spend over $450 to get the Samus theme on my 3DS? Or I could just buy a handful of digital games on 3DS that I don't even want which seems to be the "easier" route. That's not free, that's expensive. It's free for you because you already spent the money.

Hence my initial question/whining. There doesn't seem to be any good way for me to get this that I'm currently aware of and it feels silly because im sitting here trying to figure out how to give nintendo some money. If it's easy then please let me know how.

Jeez... I'm really sorry. I just kinda assumed there. I'd just give you a code if I could. I'm just sitting on My Nintendo coins I'm never seeing a point in using, but it's a one time redeem. 😕

Do you want my code? Send me a pm and i will give you the code =D

Mael

No, I have a different opinion on most of that. That's allowed you know.

OM music was boring, but Fusion had equally poor linearity for most of the game.

Fusion is notorious for being woefully linear to the point of cutting Sequence Breaking (and it was worse off because of that).
However the game didn't provide you with a detailed map every step of the way like Other M.
The game gives you vague indications and you had to do it yourself afterward.
Other M? You get a yellow dot that you follow from start to the end of the game, you can never deviate and if you try the game locks door.
By the time you get to the big reveal in Fusion you can still come and go and you're usually only limited to 1 section.
Other M never opens up till you're actually done, you're gonna follow the dot and you don't have a choice.
Heck Fusion had a pretty nifty trick by basically also having ways to traverse sectors in non standard ways at the end.
Other M, you're gonna use the elevators and that's it.

I found OM's art direction far superior to Fusion. Samus suit looks sleek in OM, compared to Fusion's multicoloured hunchback blob. Both are about equal in terms of environment, Fusion maybe with an edge due to nice pixel art, but OM is as sharp as anything on the Wii.
Nah,
Metroid-Fusion-061.png

MetroidOM_ss12.jpg

Doesn't help that Other M has basically 4 areas : Spaceship, Forest, Ice, Fire
When Fusion had 7 that were pretty distinct and much more imaginative if not by much

It also didn't need to be just 'as nice as anything on Wii', it had to be better than the Prime games.
Even Nintendo recognize that you don't release a sequel that looks worse than its predecessor. That's why Mario Kart Wii is better technically than Double Dash despite being on similar hardware.
It's also why Skyward Sword is so much nicer looking than Twilight princess too.

Controls were fine. Pointer thing was kind of silly but running around and shooting and killing was responsive and I found it fun.

It's mindless, there's nothing interesting going on.
Because they removed all item drops you have no incentive to kill enemies and since the combat is so mindless you're better off just ignoring all encounters anyway.
There's nothing worth saving there.
If you find it fun, good for you though.

e:btw no need to shit on Fusion to prop up Other M.
We can prop all the other Metroid games without shitting on other games, we should be able to do that with Other M if there's anything worthwhile there.

Yeah, I know how it works.. I've played all the games and I'm telling you what I prefer based on experience.

I know you do.
I was explaining in case anyone following didn't know.

FiveSide

Banned
I still can't believe this is actually releasing in less than two weeks.

The DS was made for Metroid. One screen for the map and inventory, one for the action. I remember when the original DS came out, and I thought there'd be a golden age of both Metroid and Castlevania. Castlevania delivered for the most part, but Metroid...just never happened. 2D Metroid, anyway.

And now here we are. Not even at the tail end of the DS, but the tail end of its successor. And it's FINALLY happening!

We made it :') haha!

You can change button placement already and the triggers are used extensively for the diagonals.
I can get changing the walljump because seriously way too obtuse in SM.
But the base controls and the options provided should be more than enough to fit anything much better than the GBA controls which are kind of a mess.

Imagine if every time you wanted to type a capital letter, you had to hit the Caps Lock key, then when you'd finished typing capitals you had to hit, I don't know, Num Lock or something. And then your regular Shift functions and Function keys were accessed by cycling through a sub-menu by hitting Caps Lock multiple times. That's pretty much what Super Metroid feels like to play. Sure, you can get used to it eventually, but there's an unequivocally better way of doing it.

KingBroly

Banned
Fusion, Prime and Other M stuff

Other M is like if someone was told to make a Metroid game but had no idea what the hell the higher-ups were telling them when making it other than 'oh, no loading times' so they strung it out as thin as possible. If you look at 2D Metroid games, you get a sense that there's a thickness to the level design. Then you account for Other M having invisible walls in plain, embarrassing sight.

Prime 3 looked better than Other M. It also holds up better and is more consistent visually. It also doesn't drop frames constantly. Samus also moves like she's gonna trip with every step she takes. She's not fucking Sonic or Naruto. Mercurysteam at least seems to have gotten that right.

I'd like to see how an HD port of this would end up looking. I'd bet the character models would look a lot different.

*barf*
Why the heck would you want Super Metroid to play like Zero Mission or Fusion?

I played through that hack awhile back and it does not have Fusion/Zero Mission physics.

Samus' overall acceleration felt too fast, wall jumps with high jump boots have triple the height gain compared to the original (example would be the bottom of Brinstar Red Soil, one wall jump will give you more than enough to reach the top ledge), auto fire for beams is significantly faster where missiles (and super missiles) become obselete against normal enemies, bomb jumping is floater so there's much less timing needed for successive jump

Jeez... I'm really sorry. I just kinda assumed there. I'd just give you a code if I could. I'm just sitting on My Nintendo coins I'm never seeing a point in using, but it's a one time redeem. 😕

It's cool man I just wanted you to understand my predicament, not give me anything. I'm whining.

Do you want my code? Send me a pm and i will give you the code =D

Dude you should use the code for yourself it belongs to you! I don't want you to give it up because of how much of a fuss I made. If you would enjoy it please use it on yourself. If you're not going to use it, I'd be very happy to send a couple bucks your way through paypal. All I wanted was to pay a fair price for it and I still plan to. I'll take it to PMs.

Feffe

I played through that hack awhile back and it does not have Fusion/Zero Mission physics.

Samus' overall acceleration felt too fast, wall jumps with high jump boots have triple the height gain compared to the original (example would be the bottom of Brinstar Red Soil, one wall jump will give you more than enough to reach the top ledge), auto fire for beams is significantly faster where missiles (and super missiles) become obselete against normal enemies, bomb jumping is floater so there's much less timing needed for successive jump
Ah, what a shame :/

I still can't believe this is actually releasing in less than two weeks.

The DS was made for Metroid. One screen for the map and inventory, one for the action. I remember when the original DS came out, and I thought there'd be a golden age of both Metroid and Castlevania. Castlevania delivered for the most part, but Metroid...just never happened. 2D Metroid, anyway.

And now here we are. Not even at the tail end of the DS, but the tail end of its successor. And it's FINALLY happening!

We made it :') haha!
Yeah no kidding. I agree that DS/3DS seem perfect for 2d Metroid, and yet we never got one until the very end of the DS era. I'm glad we made it too!

Toxi

Banned
Other M is like if someone was told to make a Metroid game but had no idea what the hell the higher-ups were telling them when making it other than 'oh, no loading times' so they strung it out as thin as possible. If you look at 2D Metroid games, you get a sense that there's a thickness to the level design. Then you account for Other M having invisible walls in plain, embarrassing sight.

Prime 3 looked better than Other M. It also holds up better and is more consistent visually. It also doesn't drop frames constantly. Samus also moves like she's gonna trip with every step she takes. She's not fucking Sonic or Naruto. Mercurysteam at least seems to have gotten that right.

I'd like to see how an HD port of this would end up looking. I'd bet the character models would look a lot different.
What bugs me about Other M is that the way loading is done, the entire game freezes when it has to load if you go too fast through rooms.

There's less waiting for loading than Prime 3, but man does it feel awkward when the game outright pauses for a couple seconds because it still needs to load.

Imagine if every time you wanted to type a capital letter, you had to hit the Caps Lock key, then when you'd finished typing capitals you had to hit, I don't know, Num Lock or something. And then your regular Shift functions and Function keys were accessed by cycling through a sub-menu by hitting Caps Lock multiple times. That's pretty much what Super Metroid feels like to play. Sure, you can get used to it eventually, but there's an unequivocally better way of doing it.

I prefer Super Metroid's controls. In the GBA games, to fire a missile while aiming diagonally, you need to hold both triggers while firing, but in Super you just have to hold one trigger. It's not a huge deal or anything, although a few times while holding both triggers, it'd slip my mind which one was which, particularly in boss fights where you can be switching often.

In Super, i change item cycle to X button and cancel to Select (Y Run, B Jump and A shoot as well). Basically i never hit cancel though since X is conveniently placed to cycle quickly, and usually you can cycle to your missile or whatever before you need it, without much thought.

I also prefer Super's jumping and general speed, but at the same time i think each game is built around those aspects perfectly, so i don't really have a problem with any of them. I just prefer Super since it gives more of a sense that she's on a planet, the gravity is a little odd, and you're exploring (even when you're speed running lol). In Zero Mission in particular, it seems she's even faster overall, it makes the game seem like it's impatient, and i feel like i'm getting rushed through it sometimes. I think it was consciously done since it seems more like a portable game that way.

Top Bottom