• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

majik13

Fuck, I'm playing Ground Zeroes right now trying to get some missions accomplished before getting my hand on TPP. I'm playing v1.11 on Xbone, offline. It won't save my mission progress at all. I've rescued Kojima twice and completed the "Destroy the AA guns" mission once, but upon booting the game back up it says I have only completed the main mission and shows no records for the ones I completed, along with no tapes unlocked or hard modes available.
Any ideas? Google searches aren't turning up anything for me other than people asking how to save in the game and being told it auto-saves. My game has definitely showed that it was auto-saving multiple times, in and outside of missions.

Same thing happened to me kinda. I know I played every mission a couple of times and rescued several pows, a few moths ago. Booted the game again last week, and several mission only had 1 playthrough, and no POWS rescued. So I redid a bunch of them, and its been fine since..so far.

Justinh

Thanks buddy

Of course. I tried it out by placing it in the folder and it comes up in 100% in GZ alright, but I do not have TPP on PC so you're going to have to go with what other people say if they have.

My progress seems to be staying saved in Ground Zeroes on the xbone, but since like...yesterday I keep getting an error message "can't connect online" in both GZ and TPP so I don't know what's up with that. I haven't tried completing any missions in GZ in the past couple days.

PreFire

What do I have to do in GZ to get the Gold Arm? 100% trophies?

Idk. I don't have 100% trophies. Just extracted every person I was supposed to and then some. I also S ranked a few missions including déjà Vu, so idk tbh. There's no specific yet

EYEL1NER

Same thing happened to me kinda. I know I played every mission a couple of times and rescued several pows, a few moths ago. Booted the game again last week, and several mission only had 1 playthrough, and no POWS rescued. So I redid a bunch of them, and its been fine since..so far.
I've got no clue what could be my problem.
I just closed the game and power cycled the Xbone. Then I booted the game up, chose my profile, let it load my saved data, and noted the completion percentage of 8%. I quickly played the mission where you need to get the Intel tape, S-Ranked it, let it auto-save after it told me my rewards, and noted my completion percentage of 11%. I pressed B to get back to the title screen, then hit A and chose my profile, loaded my saved data, and: I'm back to the same completion percentage, 8%. No extra gun for my mission load out on that mission, no stats showing my completion of the mission along with new longest headshot tranq shots, no Intel tape in my collection, and no hard mode selectable.

Highly frustrating. Even more so since I searched around on google and can't find anyone else talking about it or indicating there was a problem like this. At least Majik indicated something similar happened to him, so this isn't the only occurrence of a save problem. I can't really get enthused to play more Ground Zeroes though if it is all for nothing. I never got all the XOF tags either, so I never got to play either "Vu" mission. I don't know that I even want to try to get them though, if there is no guarantee they will count for anything after doing it.

I've only just finished the prologue, but when do I find out exactly what goodies I get from my GZ save?

Is there something I have to do to get them? On PC btw

Koeta

do we know if you can finish up ground zero stuff later and import it into TPP midway? or is it something you can only do at the start?

iLLmAtlc

do we know if you can finish up ground zero stuff later and import it into TPP midway? or is it something you can only do at the start?

Nah the import option is in the main menu. I just dunno whether any rewards are missable because I think some are mission related.

Fwiw hideo just showed up as a volunteer so I can see something like if you import later they just throw all the rewards at you

RedAssedApe

Banned
is the raiden mission worth playing? i thought it was exclusive to xbox but i guess they both eventually got released for each respective console?

CrovaxPSO

Anyone know who the staff are from the code yet? My guess was they would be some or all of the male/female pairs with the different face tattoos that various retailers in Japan had as their bonus. I think the Steam version gets one pair but haven't heard anything about them for the console versions.

Ground zeroes sneaking suit and gold arm for those of you wondering what it looks like.

That looks pretty good, haven't developed mine yet.

is the raiden mission worth playing? i thought it was exclusive to xbox but i guess they both eventually got released for each respective console?

It's a fun op and definitely worth doing. Shouldn't take you more than an hour to complete everything of it including S ranks and markings.

BraXzy

Since I bought Ground Zeroes on PS4 but have Phantom Pain on PC, is there a way I can fake a save file or something without having to buy the thing again?

Nephtes

What the hell, I've been trying to upload my Ground Zeroes save ALL DAY, but "Connect Online" just tells me the servers are undergoing maintenance...

WTF, why is this not a thread of it's own?
Are the servers up for some people? Am I alone in my problems? Did I miss the official "The Konami Servers suck" thread? :(

What the hell, I've been trying to upload my Ground Zeroes save ALL DAY, but "Connect Online" just tells me the servers are undergoing maintenance...

Are the servers up for some people? Am I alone in my problems? Did I miss the official "The Konami Servers suck" thread? :(

I haven't been able to connect either, I just figured its first-day woes.

RedAssedApe

Banned

welcome to launch day :)

Thunder Thor

Neo Member

I'm on the same boat. Been trying since last night, keep getting error and maintenance messages.

Roto13

Beating Daja Vu grants MGS1 suit unlock(apparently)

I have the MGS1 skin and I only did the bare minimum in the Deja Vu mission. Recreated one scene and crawled into the duct to finish it. I didn't do the quiz and unlock the skin in Ground Zeroes, but I have it in The Phantom Pain.

So, if it's related the the Deja Vu mission at all, you don't have to go nuts with it.

Houndi101

Should it give some sort of extra confirmation what will unlock and when after I retrieve GZ data on PC?
I just started chapter 1

majik13

weird, worked for me first try. Around 7:30 pst About an hour before your post.

Though I havent started TPP yet

There is a great thread just for that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1100672

19 POW/Agent rescues

GZ save grants GZ suit unlock (you might have to beat the GZ mission?)

Beating Daja Vu grants MGS1 suit unlock(apparently)
Thanks for this. So just completing the missions on normal and hard and extracting the prisoners is enough? It doesn't say whether it's confirmed that S ranks etc are required. Any update on that?

f@luS

More than a member.
is it possible to have a 100% unlock save on ps4 to download then transfer?

is the 1st post accurate regarding the unlockings?

i will start ground zero now (never played) i feel like doing it once for the fun and story , not many times...

thanks

Macrotus

I'm not sure if this has been answered but,
I haven't completed all trophies/missions in Ground Zero.

If I start playing TPP (already have..) and then decide to complete Ground Zero missions and upload my save data again, will TPP load that save data again and give whatever items I should receive, even thought I'm in a middle playing TPP?
Or do I have to start from the beginning again?

[EDITED]
ah! nvm.
I think someone has answered it a few posts above.

No, you can do it whenever you want and still get stuff.

thx!

laxu

Seems I got only Hideo and some other guys and the sneaking suit even though I have definitely extracted everyone (not sure if I did it on both difficulties if that matters at all). Where's The Eye and The Finger?

Vanguard

Seems I got only Hideo and some other guys and the sneaking suit even though I have definitely extracted everyone (not sure if I did it on both difficulties if that matters at all). Where's The Eye and The Finger?

That was Glaz and Palitz in Eliminate the Renegade Threat, the two targets you're supposed to assassinate.

narton

I bought the digital version of ground zeroes a few months ago on Xbox 360. I don't even have the update that patches Deja Vu in. I deleted and redownloaded it. Still no update or menu option for uploading. What gives? Is it because I'm on Xbox Live Silver?

Heel

At what point in Phantom Pain would I know whether or not I've successfully unlocked the gold arm? Is there a menu I need to access, or is it automatically equipped?

I just completed chapter two and it seems like I earned some staff and the sneaking suit.

Tansut

So can anyone even explain why we have to upload our save from Ground Zeroes and then download it in TPP? Like...why can't TPP just check the hard drive for the GZ save?

Floody

Yes, I extracted them but didn't get them in TPP.

I think it's just random, so you might get them later on, I got Kojima, the Sneaking Suit and Golden Arm after the second mission, and have been getting GZ people randomly after I do missions.

At what point in Phantom Pain would I know whether or not I've successfully unlocked the gold arm? Is there a menu I need to access, or is it automatically equipped?

I just completed chapter two and it seems like I earned some staff and the sneaking suit.
Just check the R&D development page every now and then, it didn't tell me I had, I just saw it after making the GZ's Sneaking Suit.

Vanguard

So can anyone even explain why we have to upload our save from Ground Zeroes and then download it in TPP? Like...why can't TPP just check the hard drive for the GZ save?

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's to do with 360 -> X1 and PS3 -> PS4 transfers, and just have one system to govern it all rather than writing multiple systems.

f@luS

More than a member.
is it possible to have a 100% unlock save on ps4 to download then transfer?

is the 1st post accurate regarding the unlockings?

i will start ground zero now (never played) i feel like doing it once for the fun and story , not many times...

thanks
auto quote for the new page 😀

Silveredge9

Neo Member
So when I go on Ground Zeroes I get a "cannot connect to server" error and when I log onto Phantom Pain I get a "servers are down for maintenance" kind of error. Anybody seeing something similar? This is on Xbone.

Top Bottom