• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

Nibel

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, is available starting March 18 for Xbox 360, and Xbox One!

Uh oh. Looks like we may either see next-gen version getting delayed, or one console version may not make it on time.

iMMEmSKyx14RQ.gif

Is MS trying to fuck me in the ass even without owning their console or what

*flips table* I hope this doesn't mean what it seems to be

Salz01

This is so stupid. Probably not going to get the game period. It's essentially a 30 dollar demo anyways. There are other games I can put money to around that time. Starting to get tired of this series any ways.

Jack cw

This game look like an early 07~08 PS3/360 game :/

PES 2014 don't look hot as well, there is something wrong with Fox Engine(or Konami devs).

Its developed for current gen in mind. They will tweak FoxEngine with the time but I have PES on PC and it looks spectacular in motion. The lighting is some of the best I have seen. Ground Zeroes is cross gen, so it looks a bit dull.

Hasney

Both sets of content will probably appear on the perspective marketplaces in whatever definitive version they release down the line.

Exactly, which is why Konami has made me wait instead of buying it at launch like I was planning to. I'll give it until Phantom Pain comes out, will probably have a nice price cut by then too. Might even appear as a PS+/Games with Gold game if we're lucky.

Joeki11a

Banned
Raiden is an Xbox character...

people forget MGS2 aka Raiden debut was the first ever MGS game on Xbox

MGR was also debut at E3 MS conference

now this...

Both sets of content will probably appear on the perspective marketplaces in whatever definitive version they release down the line.

If they do release an MGSV definitive edition that comes with GZ and PP and the exclusive content from the opposite platform and a classic mode that gets rid of regenerating health that is when I will buy this game, If they don't do that I won't buy this game, ever.

sense

People do realize that both exclusive content are actual missions right. The ps exclusive mission lets you play as classic snake but that mission itself won't be available on Xbox one and vice versa with this content. so the quality of the exclusive content should be judged by the mission and not by who you play as. Looks like ps exclusive mission will be stealth based and the xbox exclusive mission will be action focused with guns. I guess Kojima pandering to the shooter crowd on Xbox :)

That Ninja Run looks ridiculous (ridiculously bad, that is). How does anyone prefer this over the other (shitty as well) exclusive content?

And Raiden is an Xbox character? This Joeki guy... lol.

Konami is royally fucking the saga up, all these marketing shenanigans, platform exclusive content, digital-only nextgen versions are making it harder and harder to anticipate this. Guess I will just continue watching the first GZ and TPP trailers and try to forget about all this bullshit. I mean, the only point of making exclusive content for both platforms is getting hardcore fans to double dip for basically the same 5 hours? game, digital-only, for 60€, so that they can rest easy and know that they can actually play the whole "game".

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You guys know that all this "exclusive" content won't stay exclusive forever, right?

You will get your Raiden on PS4 too, i'm pretty damn sure.

Tourmeta

Looks good, hopefully mgs1 and this becomes available to everyone down the line as getting the game for 2 consoles is beyond overkill.

doemaaan

I'm confused here.

They're exclusive missions, which sound like have something to do with the actual story, but there's no way that's possible. At least with the Class Snake trailer, it looks like something separate. Like just an extra fun mission. With Raiden, how the hell is he "interacting" with Boss?? Like on the helicopter for example? Am I supposed to just let that slide?

Hum...kind of agree, actually.

Honestly, I have enjoyed previous MGS games...but I have probably broadened my tastes since MGS2 came out and I bought the demo alongside ZoE. This is a cross gen which rather sours the deal for me as well. It still looks nice visually, but stuff like Infamous and the Division make it look a bit old hat. I will wait until whenever MGSV hits.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh I thought he'd have his Rising mechanics after seeing everyone complain, but after watching the trailer I don't care anymore. That running animation is hilarious.

That new demo shows an 'Intel' function that lets you point your binoculars at something and have Miller, or someone else in your support crew, tell you something about it. That seems like a really cool addition to the Codec system, being able to request information on something specific instead of just calling over and over and hoping for the best. Hopefully it doesn't totally replace the Codec, though.

That Ninja Run looks ridiculous (ridiculously bad, that is). How does anyone prefer this over the other (shitty as well) exclusive content?

And Raiden is an Xbox character? This Joeki guy... lol.

I prefer both. I can kind of ''appreciate'' (as in friggin hate but meh) a good honest moneyhat but exclusive content on all the platforms like this is pretty tasteless.

People will pay insane amounts of money for this demo. You'd better give everyone all the content you can fuckers.

Ishida

Banned
Well it seems the exclusive mission for the Xbox will be action-focused while the PS mission will be stealth-focused.

I'd say PS got the better part of the deal.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Please someone add the release date to the thread title.

Betty

Banned
I'm confused here.

They're exclusive missions, which sound like have something to do with the actual story, but there's no way that's possible. At least with the Class Snake trailer, it looks like something separate. Like just an extra fun mission. With Raiden, how the hell is he "interacting" with Boss?? Like on the helicopter for example? Am I supposed to just let that slide?

It's probably just a fun parody mission, there were plenty of these in Peace Walker.

I'm confused here.

It's a non-canon side mission that includes Time Travelling Raiden. Not part of actual story unless Kojima retcons the entire MGS saga.

iceatcs

You guys know that all this "exclusive" content won't stay exclusive forever, right?

You will get your Raiden on PS4 too, i'm pretty damn sure.

Not too sure about that, I mean Kojima is really broke, literally poor man. He need to feed.

Top Bottom