• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

Looks much more interesting to me than the Playstation exclusive. Sucks that I won't get to play it though, since I only have a PS3 at the moment.

I'm confused here.

They're exclusive missions, which sound like have something to do with the actual story, but there's no way that's possible. At least with the Class Snake trailer, it looks like something separate. Like just an extra fun mission. With Raiden, how the hell is he "interacting" with Boss?? Like on the helicopter for example? Am I supposed to just let that slide?
The same way Snake calls Colonel to get info on Nintendo characters in Smash Bros.

Sushigod7

This is seriously the best, I couldn't stop laughing while watching. PS4 exclusive so was over hyped Kojima flew to NYC to announce it. Meanwhile the Xbone gets the better version via a video release and it's Raiden. Hell yeah can't wait to play this was starting to feel like I would be getting the crap version with the Xbone.

I'm confused here.

They're exclusive missions, which sound like have something to do with the actual story, but there's no way that's possible. At least with the Class Snake trailer, it looks like something separate. Like just an extra fun mission. With Raiden, how the hell is he "interacting" with Boss?? Like on the helicopter for example? Am I supposed to just let that slide?

What?
Neither have anything to do with the story, they're just fun extras. Snake vs Monkey would blow your mind.

I prefer both. I can kind of ''appreciate'' (as in friggin hate but meh) a good honest moneyhat but exclusive content on all the platforms like this is pretty tasteless.

Yes, it's just trying to squeeze money out of the people that keep the franchise afloat and popular, the biggest fans :///

fucking, i want to play both exclusive missions but I don't want to spend $60. Xbox wins, there better not be some save data transfer bullshit and PS4 has the better exclusive content for the main game.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Kojima is such a damn traitor. MGS should have stayed a PS/PC exclusive. I thought X-Bro's only played Halo?

Salt-.jpg

muzzymate

But is it 1080p on XB1?

I believe they've stated they are aiming for 1080p 60fps on next gen systems. What it will be in the final build, who knows.

Either way, this looks way more interesting than the PS exclusive content. My Xbox One will be ready for March.

I'm so fucking pissed at this shit, I can't believe Kojima would do something like this to his loyal fans. After all that talk about MGS's home being Playstation, ugh Kojima just shot himself in the foot with this shit.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGSV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has just fucked Konami and alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel MGSV and the exclusive content for Xbox One or you can kiss your business and fans goodbye.

Ah, ok. Didn't know the parodies were that flexible. Still need to play Peace Walker and Revengeance myself.

Remember when Snake fought the monkeys from Ape Escape in MGS3? Or skated around the Big Shell like Tony Hawk in MGS2 Substance? They've been doing this kind of thing for a while :p

Dyno

Guys, guys. Raiden's going to suck. The last time Kojima tried to do Raiden they wound up having to give the game to Platinum. You ain't missing a thing!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Interestingly enough, I never see these types of posts when the yearly PlayStation exclusive content is announced for each Assassin's Creed game.

I wonder why that is.

History man. I remember the outrage and fury when MGS was first announced on Xbox 360. The melt downs were legendary.

We knew this months ago. We also know that you can turn of Reflex Mode.

Only reflex mode had been confirmed to be toggled. Marking was considered "optional," no an actual option that you could turn on and off. Now, there is confirmation that it can be turned off entirely -- players will receive bonuses for completing missions with marking turned off.

Thanks Kojima :D

Are you prepared for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES? Check out this Xbox-exclusive trailer featuring bonus character, the cyborg ninja Raiden, as he takes down enemy bioroid 'Snatchers'! Available March 18 for Xbox One & Xbox 360.

New Snatcher confirmed

Ulumsk

!

No Kojima, I did not rike it, you brilliant harlot.

Will get it for the platform where the game runs smoothest anyway.

I'm so fucking pissed at this shit, I can't believe Kojima would do something like this to his loyal fans. After all that talk about MGS's home being Playstation, ugh Kojima just shot himself in the foot with this shit.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGSV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has just fucked Konami and alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel MGSV and the exclusive content for Xbox One or you can kiss your business and fans goodbye.
I understood that reference.chooseymomschoosegif

Looks cool and dumb.

Having exclusive content for a $30, 2 hour(?) demo is still idiotic though.

They should be packing this game with as much content as they can to justify the ridiculous price. Not stripping it out to appease console makers.

Boke1879

To all the people who planned to get this for a PS console because that's all you own. Why the sour grapes? Yes this mission looks VERY cool, but it's only ONE mission. It is not the bulk of the game.

I'm just happy we're getting this thing so damn early. Seriously Ground Zeroes and Infamous SS all in the same month? Too good.

They need to announce the same release date for Playstation 3/4 If it comes out any later that will be a REAL big F YOU from Konami and Kojima.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

:D

Hurley

Raiden is an Xbox character...

people forget MGS2 aka Raiden debut was the first ever MGS game on Xbox

MGR was also debut at E3 MS conference

now this...

lol

Anyway, kind of sucks that Xbox gets the better content, especially for a MGS game but whatev, I still be grabbing it for PS4.

Top Bottom