• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

SJRB

Gold Member
So it wasn't cutting content when it was just Playstation getting exclusive content? Look I'm getting this for PS4 and I would LOVE to have this mission, but NO ONE made a big deal when it was just PS getting exclusive content.

Now the Xbox versions get seemingly superior exclusive content and now everyone wants to cry foul.

It's not about platform, it's about Kojima cutting content in an already pretty bare-boned product for no reason whatsoever.

It's a 30-euro prologue which is already quite a stretch, exclusive content is fucking bullshit regardless of which platform gets what.

Boke1879

NO ONE? Man, you sloppy.

When the thread was made that there was exclusive content for PS consoles almost everyone sung the praises of Kojima and Sony "making up" I barely saw any negativity. Now it just seems like people are being sour apples because this content looks better.

I'll say this though. I appreciate Kojima trying to expand his audience, I really do. He just needs to understand where his audience is and where it will continue to be. It's clear this honeymoon he has with Microsoft will only serve to shoot him in the foot.

I understood that reference.chooseymomschoosegif

XS5LK.gif

dam im gud

There is absolutely no evidence of said content being exclusive to Xbox.

They only say it's an "Xbox Exclusive Trailer"...

Remember how they pretended Rising was an Xbox exclusive at the MS press conference reveal too ? I do !

If it's indeed an exclusive mission, you have a right to be angry, but honestly, I have a gut feeling it's once again PR crap to sway people into getting the Xbox version.

The Xbox content is looking waaaaaay better.

Either way I don't see it as much of a big deal, I don't see it as impacting the game too heavily whichever you go for.

I was upset about this and about to make a hateful post about exclusive DLC and this or that, but then I thought, hey, that's just the way we gotta roll these days, so why not embrace it?

Konami, I will buy both versions to have all the DLC! <3

Boke1879

Maybe majority of the people were going to get the game on PS4/PS3 where the fanbase is which is not surprising so of course there will be much less whining. There has been a ton of general discontent for exclusive content deals ect. in here anyway.

And now they are releasing a prologue version of the game that Kojima himself has admitted to being only a small taste of the full game for half the price of a full game. Of course I cannot know for certain how long it will be but colour me surprised if it is content rich game. But when before people were ''getting all the content'' by just getting one version of the game the content is now divided between two platforms. Of course people will call bullshit. Why the PS crowd? Because it's fuckin MGS.

I hate exclusive content like this. Trust me. It's just I think there should have been outrage as well when we didn't know there would be exclusive content for the Xbox versions. You're right this serves no purpose. It's only one mission though I highly doubt it's a sizable chunk of the game.

I was upset about this and about to make a hateful post about exclusive DLC and this or that, but then I thought, hey, that's just the way we gotta roll these days, so why not embrace it?

Konami, I will buy both versions to have all the DLC! <3

That is disgusting, don't encourage them.

szaromir

Banned
I'll say this though. I appreciate Kojima trying to expand his audience, I really do. He just needs to understand where his audience is and where it will continue to be. It's clear this honeymoon he has with Microsoft will only serve to shoot him in the foot.
Why are people acting like Kojima is the only person involved in MGS politics and developement? Most of those decisions are made by the suits at Konami headquarters

jim2011

Remember how they pretended Rising was an Xbox exclusive at the MS press conference reveal too ? I do !

If it's indeed an exclusive mission, you have a right to be angry, but honestly, I have a gut feeling it's once again PR crap to sway people into getting the Xbox version.

Doubtful. They already announced that there would be Xbox exclusive content before

Boke1879

Why are people acting like Kojima is the only person involved in MGS politics and developement? Most of those decisions are made by the suits at Konami headquarters

I'm sure Kojima has a lot of sway. I think he's been on the record saying how he wants to expand especially in western markets.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
This game has so many fucked up things going for it. It is basically a prologue packaged as a game and sold to us for €30. Also I bet that both of the "exclusive" content will be availeble after a while for the other platform as DLC.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I don't understand what this "demo" is. It seems to be about 20-30 minutes worth of content for 30 dollars?

Why would anyone pay that?

jcracken

Banned

They announced that there will be Xbox exclusives before and this an "exclusive content trailer."

The Snatcher reference is cool but the mission itself is just fluff - just like the PS3/PS4 exclusive mission.

I will buy the version that has the better framerate, textures and resolutions which will most likely be the PS4 version [it should be based on system specs but who knows].

How long is it?

That video I saw of the mission was really short. It had better be longer than the ship demo for MGS2 if it costs half as much as a new game.
We don't know how long it'll be.

It'll cost like 30 bucks, no way in hell it'll last 30 minutes.

How long is it?

That video I saw of the mission was really short. It had better be longer than the ship demo for MGS2 if it costs half as much as a new game.

Confirmed to be at least "several" hours and explicitly stated to be more than "just a few" during a gameplay demo a while back. Side missions will also be a part of Ground Zeroes, which will play a part in The Phantom Pain!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ok, that all sounds better.

I only have one game that is a "to buy" in the Spring (Titanfall, maybe Watch Dogs depending on release date), everything else looks like Fall releases so I need something else to play on my One. This just looked pretty paltry for 30 bucks.

The game itself looks really fun and seems to be a nice mix of what made MGS great with the early stuff from Splinter Cell. My biggest beef with MGS (in a post Splinter Cell world) was how restrictive it was. Now that SC is an action game though, this looks like it will really scratch that stealth itch well.

Also, that lighting. OMG.

Was that 360 footage in the trailer? Looked good but the performance in cutscenes was bad.
If that was the 360 version then I'm totally getting that. Can't pass up playing as Raiden some more.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yo what the fuck

Are you blind?

Watch the trailer and all footage for the game again, it's pretty damn ugly game. with robotic animations, flat ugly textures, bad charachter models (faces look good but that's it) weird unnatural lighting and screen effect..ect early PS3/360 stuff like Uncharted look better than this.

RaikuHebi

Banned
(UK Xbox One) This will be around £20 if you purchase this from US digital store :D
Same with PS4 of course. Share it with a friend and it becomes £10!

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, is available starting March 18 for Xbox 360, and Xbox One!

Uh oh. Looks like we may either see next-gen version getting delayed, or one console version may not make it on time.
You're an idiot.

Whompa

Gotta say that's pretty fucked up...I'd really like to play as Raiden but there's no way I'm getting mgs5 for Xbox...

Watch the trailer and all footage for the game again, it's pretty damn ugly game. with robotic animations, flat ugly textures, bad charachter models (faces look good but that's it) weird unnatural lighting and screen effect..ect early PS3/360 stuff like Uncharted look better than this.

wee-bey-gif.gif

He sure looks like he has his sword, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use it.

At the start of the trailer Big Boss is offering him his sword but Raiden rejects it and takes the gun instead. I doubt they would go the extra mile to have any sword action.

Tho they did it in VR missions back in the day so who knows.

When the thread was made that there was exclusive content for PS consoles almost everyone sung the praises of Kojima and Sony "making up" I barely saw any negativity. Now it just seems like people are being sour apples because this content looks better.

Man, you so sloppy.

MGS is dead guys.
I'm moving on.
that was lame...
hahahaha! He just really likes trolling I think!
That was in MGS4. Someone slap kojima, please.
sigh .. bullshit exclusive DLC deals strike again.
Kojima... I knew you'd disappoint.
This is a joke, right? Come on now, Kojima. This deserves a shockmaster gif.

imr1hGnoAT47C.gif

My sentiments exactly
This only further exacerbates my hatred for the current state of the series.

1998 - 2006 R.I.P.

I can go on and on but I guess the point has been made.

BD1

Banned
I hate this nextgen console exclusive stuff. I hope it subsides once we're out of the launch window, but I know we're not that lucky. This looks fun though.

But...Can he just make a new "Snatcher" action game?

Top Bottom