• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

sense

Isn't the majority opinion snake> raiden so why do people keep saying this is better than ps exclusive. They are both exclusive missions to their respective platforms and not just raiden/classic snake skins plus ps content looks like stealth based and this one is action based so ps exclusive content wins hands down on all counts :)

To all the people who planned to get this for a PS console because that's all you own. Why the sour grapes? Yes this mission looks VERY cool, but it's only ONE mission. It is not the bulk of the game.

I'm just happy we're getting this thing so damn early. Seriously Ground Zeroes and Infamous SS all in the same month? Too good.

They need to announce the same release date for Playstation 3/4 If it comes out any later that will be a REAL big F YOU from Konami and Kojima.

Cause it looks pretty cool and they are cutting content from what appears to be a short 30$ demo as it is.

rvy

Banned
Isn't the majority opinion snake> raiden so why do people keep saying this is better than ps exclusive. They are both exclusive missions to their respective platforms and not just raiden/classic snake skins plus ps content looks like stealth based and this one is action based so ps exclusive content wins hands down on all counts :)

Because the PS DLC looks like ass? Who the fuck wants to play some an upscaled PS1 Snake model, along with upscaled soldier models and a fucking Hind-D?

>:)

How much you wanna bet that both versions will get each others 'exclusive' content somewhere down the line?

LAA

...Shit! This sucks!
This mission looks a billion times better than the PS exclusive mission... that and I LOVED MGR this year, definitely one of my favourite games this year, so this stings...

SykoTech

Well this sucks. Now there's no way to get all of the game's content without double dipping.

Oh well, just another reason to sit this one out. The Prologue/download only setup was a turnoff anyway anyway.

Will wait for the inevitable"Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain on one disc" release. Hopefully with all the content included.

Raynes

How much you wanna bet that both versions will get each others 'exclusive' content somewhere down the line?

Anyone who seriously thinks Konami will skip on a "Komplete edition" with all dlc is fucking nuts.
Bot dlc is shit and were made with very few assets, this is a piss easy way to Konami to cash in.

One is a mission about low-res 16-bit Snake playing the opening of Shadow Moses, which is not only available on PSN Store (It's called Metal Gear Solid for PSOne), but it was also poorly reanacted in Metal Gear Solid 4.

It's pretty much showcasing the laziness in this "Exclusive Mission".

Xbox's mission however is something unique i.e. Raiden fighting Snatchers, which is a far better marriage of Kojima's legacy than this. Every MGS fan wants to play as Raiden in a MGS title, and now the only way you can get it is by buying it on Xbox.

PS's mission is more of Kojima saying "Remember MGS1? You Liked it? Good times."

Chobel

I'm so fucking pissed at this shit, I can't believe Kojima would do something like this to his loyal fans. After all that talk about MGS's home being Playstation, ugh Kojima just shot himself in the foot with this shit.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGSV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has just fucked Konami and alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel MGSV and the exclusive content for Xbox One or you can kiss your business and fans goodbye.

XS5LK.gif

rvy

Banned
Kojima is so out of touch with his audience that he actually believes that people think that upscaled PS1 models are cute and shit.

July

Banned
Kojima is so out of touch with his audience that he actually believes that people think that upscaled PS1 models are cute and shit.

It's cool but it's not mindblowing like he described and we already got it in MGS4. If it was in Ground Zeroes as a secret I would say "Ha, cool", but otherwise it's just such a let down.

szaromir

Banned
People are raging over a silly mode like that? Lulz. Game sure is ugly though.

Having exclusive content for a $30, 2 hour(?) demo is still idiotic though.

They should be packing this game with as much content as they can to justify the ridiculous price. Not stripping it out to appease console makers.
You can't blame them. The market for janky Japanese games has shrunk massively since Metal Gear's glory days, they need to squeeze as much money as possible from the fans they still have, moneyhats from console manufacturers are also a bonus.

Boke1879

Cause it looks pretty cool and they are cutting content from what appears to be a short 30$ demo as it is.

How is it cutting content? We've already been told there will be much more content in the game and side ops. People keep trying to hammer home this point that this is some 1 hour demo.

How about we wait for reviews before we decide how long it is? It's also clear this is something that you will play multiple times. Xbox folks aren't mad about not getting the PS exclusive content, and like I said. These will both be made available on each platform a few months after release anyway.

Asd202

I'm so fucking pissed at this shit, I can't believe Kojima would do something like this to his loyal fans. After all that talk about MGS's home being Playstation, ugh Kojima just shot himself in the foot with this shit.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGSV for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has just fucked Konami and alienated an entire market with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel MGSV and the exclusive content for Xbox One or you can kiss your business and fans goodbye.

Never gets old.

daakusedo

What would be interesting is having him in the final game, when replaying it or speedrunning with that added speed and jump(?) that could really test the level design quality with the different abilities.
But here...

Raynes

How is it cutting content? We've already been told there will be much more content in the game and side ops. People keep trying to hammer home this point that this is some 1 hour demo.

How about we wait for reviews before we decide how long it is? It's also clear this is something that you will play multiple times. Xbox folks aren't mad about not getting the PS exclusive content, and like I said. These will both be made available on each platform a few months after release anyway.

It's all fucking set in shitty camp omega. That setting looks dull as fuck.

Jack cw

He is a master troll. But I agree, he is completely overrating himself after his hilarious achievement that MGS4 was.

Gartooth

Uh yeah I think Kojima can screw right off for platform exclusive content. Oh and for other things like abandoning Hayter, stripping the game's prologue and selling it for a stupid price, and changing with the fundamental Metal Gear design with dumb shit like regenerating health. Thankfully, the game releases in a jam-packed month for games so I will feel no temptation whatsoever to pick this up until it has hit $10 or less.

Wait a second, that's the main mission? That's how you rescue
Chico

I am amazed that Kojima has Zandatsu'd Raiden out of the main game. I mean ... there doesn't seem to be much content at all.

EDIT:
Nevermind.

Yep, they really are going to stretch it out for all it's worth.

Chico will not be there in the final game. Besides, that's not him anyways. Don't worry!

Anyone who seriously thinks Konami will skip on a "Komplete edition" with all dlc is fucking nuts.
Bot dlc is shit and were made with very few assets, this is a piss easy way to Konami to cash in.

You really are miscalculating Konami's arrogance.

Metal Gear Rising's VR Missions were released in such ordeal:

- Exclusive to PS3, and is free.
- Available in Xbox 360 only in Europe, not for free.
- Snake's voice is included only in Japanese version.

If this sees Playstation release, expect similarly shitty deal.

However, I do agree that there will be a "Complete Edition", MGS5 will be around the corner and may include this.

Boke1879

What else is it then?

To get all the content you need to get both versions of the game unless it is a timed exclusive, which we do not know for now and how long that exclusivity is.

So it wasn't cutting content when it was just Playstation getting exclusive content? Look I'm getting this for PS4 and I would LOVE to have this mission, but NO ONE made a big deal when it was just PS getting exclusive content.

Now the Xbox versions get seemingly superior exclusive content and now everyone wants to cry foul.

Alienous

So it wasn't cutting content when it was just Playstation getting exclusive content? Look I'm getting this for PS4 and I would LOVE to have this mission, but NO ONE made a big deal when it was just PS getting exclusive content.

Now the Xbox versions get seemingly superior exclusive content and now everyone wants to cry foul.

It's probably because the PS3 exclusive content seemed like a nice extra, whereas this seems more significant. In retrospect, the MGS1 content is probably more significant, but the fact that it's reusing PS1 assets (or recreating them) diminishes from that fact.

All in all, Ground Zeroes better have a shit-ton of content. I'm a fan of the series, and I have nearly no interest in this.

NO ONE? Man, you sloppy.

This whole practice is incredibly annoying, but I would bet my rations on Playstation getting this content eventually, just probably not at first. No evidence, just dem feels.

Moosichu

There are two reasons for this.

1. A signigicant chunk of the MGS audience own only PlayStation systems.

2. Even if you own both systems now, you have to buy the game twice to get all the content. Thats $60 for a prologue.

Yes some people would be just as pissed if Xbox got all the exclusive content. But this benefits no one and everyone should be angry at Konami now. Then again, they are a desperate company atm.

Maybe majority of the people were going to get the game on PS4/PS3 where the fanbase is which is not surprising so of course there will be much less whining. There has been a ton of general discontent for exclusive content deals ect. in here anyway.

And now they are releasing a prologue version of the game that Kojima himself has admitted to being only a small taste of the full game for half the price of a full game. Of course I cannot know for certain how long it will be but colour me surprised if it is content rich game. But when before people were ''getting all the content'' by just getting one version of the game the content is now divided between two platforms. Of course people will call bullshit. Why the PS crowd? Because it's fuckin MGS.

Top Bottom