• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: TPP PC releasing same day as consoles, Ground Zeroes free with pre-order

robotrock

Banned
At worst it seems like it could be forgettable, but terrible? What they've shown so far seems pretty alright.

Warner Brothers Games PC port. The last two ports we got from those guys were Batman Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X.

Of course, it's an Avalanche game. I expect that they are doing the port themselves, but I'd still be cautious. Just Cause 2 is a solid port.

Lingitiz

Warner Brothers Games PC port. The last two ports we got from those guys were Batman Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X.

Of course, it's an Avalanche game. I expect that they are doing the port themselves, but I'd still be cautious. Just Cause 2 is a solid port.

I was talking more about the quality of the game, not the technical side. But yeah there is a precedent to be concerned.

Vex_

Banned
You gotta start playing now so that you can git gud in time, son.

My thing is this: I worked my butt off building my base in PW. You lose it all in GZ. If I play and beat GZ now? I will have to hold dat L alllllll the way until TPP's release...

...instead of waiting until right before release and getting revenge instantly.

robotrock

Banned
My thing is this: I worked my butt off building my base in PW. You lose it all in GZ. If I play and beat GZ now? I will have to hold dat L alllllll the way until TPP's release...

...instead of waiting until right before release and getting revenge instantly.

I haven't played GZ since launch because I'm trying to simulate the nine year coma Big Boss fell into. When I play TPP, Big Boss will awaken, and so will I.

Not sure if this has been noted already but:

yuncOmv.png

HELL YES!

GG Konami (you're still crap, but GG anyway)

Jimrpg

Damn its RM230.00 in Malaysia about $75 Australian dollars.

I'm beyond paying more than 30 bucks for games these days with my backlog so I'm going to have to sit this one out. Hopefully it gets a 50% off sale during Steam Christmas sales.

So would any kind soul like to give me a copy of their Ground Zeroes if they don't need it :D

I guess there'll be lots of GZ giveaways in the next few weeks. :D

I'm beyond paying more than 30 bucks for games these days with my backlog so I'm going to have to sit this one out. Hopefully it gets a 50% off sale during Steam Christmas sales.

Yeah, it's pretty nasty for SEA countries as well.
They don't bother giving us regional pricing.

Renekton

Thanks to bijanomics.

Xiraiya

This GZ giveaway is actually kind of genius.

If you've never played/bought GZ, you get the full MGSV experience just by pre-ordering it, but since most people buying MGSV most likely already own Ground Zeroes, then they get a free copy to give away to friends, allowing extra people to play through GZ and try it and then basically cause them to want to go out and buy MGSV and so on.
It's a pretty good strategy on PC to get a large amount of people to try out the game in a small amount of time before release.

I gifted my copy of GZ to my woman.

Krejlooc

Banned
This GZ giveaway is actually kind of genius.

If you've never played/bought GZ, you get the full MGSV experience just by pre-ordering it, but since most people buying MGSV most likely already own Ground Zeroes, then they get a free copy to give away to friends, allowing extra people to play through GZ and try it and then basically cause them to want to go out and buy MGSV and so on.
It's a pretty good strategy on PC to get a large amount of people to try out the game in a small amount of time before release.

I gifted my copy of GZ to my woman.

Flaw in their plan - you can do account sharing in steam. I know, as an example, that one of my buddys is basically going to play MGSV through family sharing at night while I sleep, since we are on opposite ends of the day.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hm. I have several of the PS4 Limited Editions preordered on PS4.

However, I could likely play this at 4K 60fps on my rig...

May have to pentadip.

In any case, I really have to finish PW on my Vita and play GZ before this launches.

And finish Wild Hunt.

jwhit28

For some reason I haven't been able to play Ground Zeroes since switching to an Intel CPU/AMD GPU combination, even after clean installing Windows 10. I'm assuming it has something to do with AMD 15.7.1 driver but haven't had the time to rollback further. My window to get the problem solved got smaller.

Jimrpg

I guess there'll be lots of GZ giveaways in the next few weeks. :D

Yeah, it's pretty nasty for SEA countries as well.
They don't bother giving us regional pricing.

Yes I've been spoilt by the generally cheaper games bar a few titles (NBA 2k15 was RM150). Like Pillars or Eternity is just RM80, Dark Souls 2 is RM75, Dirt Rally is RM56.

RM230 reminds me of the SFII SNES days...

From Konami's perspective, they probably priced it right... MGS fans are among the most hardcore.

Kindekuma

Banned
For some reason I haven't been able to play Ground Zeroes since switching to an Intel CPU/AMD GPU combination, even after clean installing Windows 10. I'm assuming it has something to do with AMD 15.7.1 driver but haven't had the time to rollback further. My window to get the problem solved got smaller.

I'm surprised so many people had issues playing GZ on Win. 10. When I upgraded I just reinstalled the latest drivers for my GPU and all my games including GZ run perfectly.

The most exciting thing for me is the full custom soundtrack support. This was one of the coolest features from the Ground Zeroes reveal in 2012. Hopefully it can get patched into the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game one day, too, as it is still supported in the PS3/X360 versions. Anyways, cannot wait to see what the PC community can do for MGS!

The day I come back from my eurotrip LD do you know hoe happy I am?

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, yes ohmygod tbh incredible isn't it

Forkball

I was definitely going to be spoiled before it hit PC so I'm glad it's coming out day one. I kinda feel like a goober for buying Ground Zeroes though.

pahamrick

I paid $9 for GZ PC and got TPP free. As much as I was looking forward to MGO3, I can't be too mad about the delay.

But it is disappointing that so far it doesn't look like PC users have a way to get access to the DLC included in the CE console versions.

I have uncovered the master plan!

This is a bundle of GZ and TPP. If you play GZ and then TPP ends up being a bad game,
no steam refund for you, you have played more than 2 hours of both bundled games!

XAL

Question:

For save carry over from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain - if you save all the prisoners on normal, is that enough? Or do you have to do it on Hard?

I assume everything is cumulative...

Konami really blew people away with the shear quality of that release.

Yeah they just need to make more defined visual options, that blur on ADS is garbage.

Spaghetti

Question:

For save carry over from Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain - if you save all the prisoners on normal, is that enough? Or do you have to do it on Hard?

I assume everything is cumulative...

Yeah they just need to make more defined visual options, that blur on ADS is garbage.
i'm not sure it works like that. i think the mother base staff carried over from gz will be the unique characters rescued rather than the regular POWs that add to your score.

Xiraiya

This thing is going to be broken on release. I hope I'm wrong. But everything is nowadays.
Considering the FOX Engine was made with PC in mind and is quite clearly PC friendly given how easy it is to run Ground Zeroes on a toaster, that's kind of a baseless assumption in this context.
It's all about the engine.

Xiraiya

Who are the unique characters supposed to be?
I think there is confusion there, the unique characters are certain guards from missions like "The Finger" etc.

Prisoners are just prisoners, in Peace Walker they were often better than average stat wise than default soldiers, so it's probably not like the app where "This prisoner will turn out to be Solid Snake for your motherbase in TPP!"

Spaghetti

Who are the unique characters supposed to be?
GZ spoilers
the sniper and spotter duo from the assassination mission, the informant and bald soldier from the intel mission, and the mother base spy from the air emplacement mission

just a guess though

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Would also love a gift-able Ground Zero if anybody got any to spare here. I got my MGSV: TPP through Nvidia :) Need to get my Kojima on !

Considering the FOX Engine was made with PC in mind and is quite clearly PC friendly given how easy it is to run Ground Zeroes on a toaster, that's kind of a baseless assumption in this context.
It's all about the engine.

How about Pro Evolution Soccer?
Why do they resort to last gen graphics of FOX?

Cleve

Huh, really glad to see this won't be delayed. It kind of fucks up plan of playing it on ps4 at launch.

So MGSV is ONLY available on Steam? Can't see it anywhere else. And £45.99 is still too high (more expensive than retail PS4/Xbone versions) but the date coming forward is good.

Adnor

Banned
So MGSV is ONLY available on Steam? Can't see it anywhere else. And £45.99 is still too high (more expensive than retail PS4/Xbone versions) but the date coming forward is good.

I'm sure other websites like GMG and Nuuvem will offer pre-orders soon too.

You can also buy a NVidia key from someone here on GAF.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It could also be a mistake, or temporal pricing to avoid initial abuse from other countries.

The new King's Quest was quite ridiculously priced on the Mexican store (and lasted for several days), but it eventually got changed a bit to more sensible one.

That would be a possibility if it weren't roughly half the price on Steam MX, which is also part of Steam's CSA trade region.

Nocturno999

It could also be a mistake, or temporal pricing to avoid initial abuse from other countries.

The new King's Quest was quite ridiculously priced on the Mexican store (and lasted for several days), but it eventually got changed a bit to more sensible one.

Someone should tell Capcom and WB that their games are ridiculously priced in the Mx Steam store.

Top Bottom