• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: TPP PC releasing same day as consoles, Ground Zeroes free with pre-order

Lexxism

75 Canadian dollars

b43508e800bee422f4c2bf846f29aefbed64f4ff1a9bc9f8dcf11a6e5b644379_large
Someone selling it in the B/S/T for 40 USD (if i'm correct).

-Deimos

This would have be amazing news if not for the insanely disappointing MGO news. If MGO really was delayed for this I'd be even more pissed but I doubt it would have been ready regardless of the SP release.

RK9039

Does anyone really think MGO is going to be anything but a shit show anyway?

I thought everyone hated it?

Some people hated it. MGO has always been a headshot game, so it required more skill than other shooting games like COD or w/e.

The hackers didn't help though.

MrBS

So on a scale of 1-10 those who bought GZ on steam/PC already, how upset are you that you essentially get the game for free with preorder now?
I preordered Ground Zeroes on PC
from nuuvem
expecting this to happen. I would have been shocked if it didn't. I'm surprised the copy of GZ is giftable. That's a nice move at least.

Now to cancel my console order and preorder on PC
once its on nuuvem ;)

Fuck. Yes.

I was totally going to get the PS4 version, return it after beating it, and then buy the PC version. This solves everything.

Does anyone really think MGO is going to be anything but a shit show anyway?

I thought everyone hated it?

MGO that came with mgs4 was pretty great (the only problem with it being that you had to play it with a controller of course, but gameplay mechanics wise it was awesome)

If the new MGO is as good as the old one I'll be playing it a lot with m/k

Holy shit, what's with the price on the Brazilian steam store?

Did they do that because of all the foreigners buying it from Nuuvem?

Really happy for PC players, a friend of mine was getting it for PC and it would have sucked not being able to talk about it with him for 15 days.

Panda Rin

If GZ was anything to go by, it should be an even better port than that. Was almost thinking about picking it up on PS4 because of the delay.

CHC

Goddamn this is SUCH good news. I definitely would have snooped around on GAF during that waiting period and totally discovered something that I didn't want to discover that I would somehow tell myself wasn't a spoiler but actually was.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy shit, what's with the price on the Brazilian steam store?

Did they do that because of all the foreigners buying it from Nuuvem?

Third-party store pricing is completely separate to Steam Store pricing. In fact, Konami could easily and instantly make a heavily region-locked sub specifically for Brazil. I think the utterly ridiculous price is supposed to deter cross-region trading, except BR users can't send region-free gifts to users outside of South America and haven't been able to do so at all since ~March.

Third-party store pricing is completely separate to Steam Store pricing. In fact, Konami could easily and instantly make a heavily region-locked sub specifically for Brazil. I think the utterly ridiculous price is supposed to deter cross-region trading, except BR users can't send region-free gifts to users outside of South America and haven't been able to do so at all since ~March.

But the price on the Mexican store is ~30 dollars.
And some key seller sites are selling it for a little more than 30.

It's just weird that just Brazil is getting this treatment, so I remember about the thing with Nuuuvem and people using VPNs to buy it there and think that this may have something to do with it.

Spoo

Hmmm.

Now the question is do I want to cancel my PS4 CE and get this instead on PC? I am leaning towards yes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But the price on the Mexican store is ~30 dollars.
And some key seller sites are selling it for a little more than 30.

It's just weird that just Brazil is getting this treatment, so I remember about the thing with Nuuuvem and people using VPNs to buy it there and think that this may have something to do with it.

You don't need to tell me! I was just trying to make sense of the logic.

Sendero

It's the only theory that makes sense (from an uninformed perspective) as having a higher BR price on Steam itself achieves nothing more than making South American users pay more. Nuuvem is quite popular among international users whereas there's no MX equivalent.
It could also be a mistake, or temporal pricing to avoid initial abuse from other countries.

The new King's Quest was quite ridiculously priced on the Mexican store (and lasted for several days), but it eventually got changed a bit to more sensible one.

Caffeine

i run ground zeros fine on a i3 4360, 750ti, at high settings 60fps constant 1080p hoping it keeps that level of optimization.

This is an obvious choice, right?
I don't care about MGO, perhaps I'll play it later but not after I finished the Phantom Pain campaign anyway.

Top Bottom