• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: TPP PC releasing same day as consoles, Ground Zeroes free with pre-order

If I watched Fox news, I would say that release parity was always Konami's plan, but it was kept obscure or unclear or even denied in order to garner some goodwill and extra pre-orders when it was finally announced.
It worked. I must be an idiot.

catmario

Pre-orders are available now via Steam, which will include a copy of its illustrious prologue, METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, absolutely free.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

My GZ copy is still sleeping in my library and didn't play it since I bought cheaper copy from nuuvem. ;(

Genio88

Of course i immediately preordered it on steam, but just now i'm reading this on the game steam page:
"Players have asked for Windows 10 support as well, but while we can’t confirm official support by launch, we’re looking into this for post-launch patches if necessary. However from all accounts, the basic performance should be to par"
Now i'm pretty worried since i've already upgraded my gaming PC to Windows 10, will it run on Windows 10 on day one or i'll have to somehow reinstall windows 8.1?

gdt

Of course i immediately preordered it on steam, but just now i'm reading this on the game steam page:
"Players have asked for Windows 10 support as well, but while we can’t confirm official support by launch, we’re looking into this for post-launch patches if necessary. However from all accounts, the basic performance should be to par"
Now i'm pretty worried since i've already upgraded my gaming PC to Windows 10, will it run on Windows 10 on day one or i'll have to somehow reinstall windows 8.1?

Try playing GZ on Win10. If that works fine you should be okay. So far, seems like Win10 is playing nice with PC games.

Should be fine.

Aranath

Well, that's awesome news. However, I was planning on finally getting around to playing MGS4 and Peace Walker before V appeared on PC.

Any idea if playing 4 might be necessary? I've played 1-3 and Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are a given for this, obviously. Playing 4 is a bit difficult due to my PS3 being in a different country at the moment.

Vex_

Banned
HAHA!

Got my GZ for free on PS+
Got my PP for free with NVIDIA for my 980

TAKE THAT! MUAHAHA!

Im gonna wait till like a week before September the 1st to play GZ. I WILL BE READY! WHO'S WITH ME???!!

HAHA!

TAKE THAT! MUAHAHA!

Im gonna wait till like a week before September the 1st to play GZ. I WILL BE READY! WHO'S WITH ME???!!

You gotta start playing now so that you can git gud in time, son.

Randomizer

Nice to see PC getting a day one release. I'm getting it on PS4 but will probably double dip when it's on sale at some point.

Xyber

Well, that's awesome news. However, I was planning on finally getting around to playing MGS4 and Peace Walker before V appeared on PC.

Any idea if playing 4 might be necessary? I've played 1-3 and Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes are a given for this, obviously. Playing 4 is a bit difficult due to my PS3 being in a different country at the moment.

I haven't played it myself (currently watching Metal Gear Scanlon though), but I don't think it's a big deal if you don't play 4 first since it's set after this game in the timeline.

But it would probably be better if you could get to it first, might be references and shit that you won't get.

Aranath

I haven't played it myself (currently watching Metal Gear Scanlon though), but I don't think it's a big deal if you don't play 4 first since it's set after this game in the timeline.

But it would probably be better if you could get to it first, might be references and shit that you won't get.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I'll have to try make some kind of arrangement soonish, or just hold off (with some difficulty).

pahamrick

Just to again verify, Nvdia promo copies do not get free GZ, no matter when you redeem the code.

The SUBID for the version of TPP included with the Nvidia codes, at least in the US, is 40085.

Now, there's two store purchasable SUBIDs listed right now which are 74453 (Not Purchasable in Japan) and 74872 (Only Purchasable in Japan).

Both of those have 5 Depots listed.

DepotID 287701 - Depot 287701
DepotID 287702 - Depot 287702
DepotID 287703 - Depot 287703
DepotID 311341 - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Eng ESRB,PEGI
DepotID 311343 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Jpn ESRB,PEGI

The 40085 SUBID has 3 listed.

DepotID 287701 - Depot 287701
DepotID 287702 - Depot 287702
DepotID 287703 - Depot 287703

Xyber

Just to again verify, Nvdia promo copies do not get free GZ, no matter when you redeem the code.

The SUBID for the version of TPP included with the Nvidia codes, at least in the US, is 40085.

Now, there's two store purchasable SUBIDs listed right now which are 74453 (Not Purchasable in Japan) and 74872 (Only Purchasable in Japan).

Both of those have 5 Depots listed.

The 40085 SUBID has 3 listed.

Looks like we still get the other stuff then going by the other ID's? I already own GZ, so that wouldn't really matter to me.

Yudoken

HAHA!

TAKE THAT! MUAHAHA!

metal-gear-solid-v-save-data-transfer.jpg

No savedata import for you ;)

I have GZ on PS+ but I don't own a PS4.

I'm sure the PC version will be sold again for cheap before TPP's release. Wouldn't be surprised if GMG or other key sellers do it to at least partially make up for people not getting it when ordering through them.

I can't see it happening after how solid GZ apparently is but just imagine the shit storm if the game that replaced Arkham Knight in NVIDIA's promotion also turned out to be a mess.

Hip Hop

Holy shit, multiplayer is getting delayed till next year? I think I may just wait on picking it up, unless I find a really cheap copy or something.

Lingitiz

Mad Max might be terrible, so MGSV

At worst it seems like it could be forgettable, but terrible? What they've shown so far seems pretty alright.
:p I'm saying its hit or miss and them making the PC release two weeks earlier makes me pessimistic about how it will run on day one.

Bumping up the date should be a sign that they're confident in the release and feel that it's ready to go, not the opposite. Combine that with multiple factors like it being a cross-gen game, Ground Zeroes being pretty much flawless technically, and I can't see this being a bad port. Arkham Knight was a shitshow, but it was an anomaly and not the norm.

Top Bottom