• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: TPP PC releasing same day as consoles, Ground Zeroes free with pre-order

Got it free after contacting NewEgg, obviously those who got it with the NVIDIA promo, like GMG buyers, won't be getting pre-order stuff but meh.

Cool the date was moved up though, hopefully it is a good sign.

KarmaCow

Weird. I though kb/m was the best way to play on PC. I destroyed my old controller S Rank record using kb/m.

Hmm, this might be on your side. I had zero issues with the mouse code and am usually very sensitive to that stuff. It felt very good.

The cursor jumps to specific points on the screen instead smoothly moving across, neither of you noticed that, especially when using a sniper? I've tried toggling auto aim, changing up the sensitivity but it still stutters around. Other wise yea, I definitely prefer using KB/M, I only had a controller for sniping moments.

I assumed that this was a wide spread problem because I could have sworn other people mentioned it. I also just loaded up GZ along with TF2, CS:GO, and some other games but the problem seems to be specific to GZ. The other comparison I can bring up is when RE: Revelation 1 first came out on PC, it had the same locked, stuttery movement if anyone remembers that. If this isn't a widespread issue, what setting am I missing then?

jett

D-Member
Side note:
Kind of surprised that no one opened a thread regarding the pre-review of the game by Jeux Video Magazine. There are a couple of noticeable complains there:

-Players need to focus on Mother Base building from early on, to avoid getting stuck on missions later, that require specialized items.

Which also means, you can't use any weapon aside of the Tranquilizer gun until you have collected enough personnel for R&D. And apparently that takes a lot of missions.

-There isn't a lot of story exposition, at least during the first 30 missions. Few cutscenes (although well done, apparently).

Will be interesting to see if that turns out true.

piss walker 2: open world boogaloo

Yudoken

Now I will not be spoiled (and don't have to play an inferior version)!

VMYnyxK.jpg

And also this is great:

After our PC launch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, back in December, many players have asked us to separate the graphics options and allow for greater control over depth of field and other graphic settings. We’ve listened to this feedback and are implementing separate settings for a variety of the controls related to graphics. This will be implemented for in-game activity, but I’m afraid we can’t change setting differences for cutscenes.
For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation.

Can't wait to use Top gun theme or
this for my helicopter and much more!

You can't see me!

jett

D-Member
Got it free after contacting NewEgg, obviously those who got it with the NVIDIA promo, like GMG buyers, won't be getting pre-order stuff but meh.

Cool the date was moved up though, hopefully it is a good sign.

GMG keys don't have pre-order stuff either?

Now I will not be spoiled!

And also this is great:

After our PC launch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, back in December, many players have asked us to separate the graphics options and allow for greater control over depth of field and other graphic settings. We’ve listened to this feedback and are implementing separate settings for a variety of the controls related to graphics. This will be implemented for in-game activity, but I’m afraid we can’t change setting differences for cutscenes.
For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Finally we’d like to mention that full support for custom soundtracks via MP3 on your PC is planned for implementation.

Can't wait to use Top gun theme or
this for my helicopter and much more!

You can't see me!
Awesome, maxing out everything except DoF, that Vaseline effect so close to the screen was annoying

I pre-ordered that red MGSV PS4, but now i'm wondering if I should cancel it and just get the PC version. The PC version being moved up makes the decision a lot harder.

npa189

Excellent, my GTX 970 is just the gift that keeps on giving. Good job on KojimaPro's part in getting this game running beautifully on PC. I had a feeling they would move up the PC version.

Aurongel

Looks like promo codes (Newegg, GMG, NVIDIA) for The Phantom Pain don't apply for the pre-order material covered in the OP.

So no Ground Zeroes for you.

RK9039

Yeah I'll wait for a GMG deal or look around for an NVIDIA key. The pre-purchase stuff sounds completely useless except the inclusion of GZ, at least for those that haven't played it yet.

But that PS4 looks awesome, you could get both.

Yeah, I was thinking that. I think i'll just get the PS4 bundle. There are a few exclusives out that I want to play, and the bundle costs the same as a regular PS4 + a game here anyway. I've never owned a limited edition console before either.

The cursor jumps to specific points on the screen instead smoothly moving across, neither of you noticed that, especially when using a sniper? I've tried toggling auto aim, changing up the sensitivity but it still stutters around. Other wise yea, I definitely prefer using KB/M, I only had a controller for sniping moments.

I don't remember specifically anything with the sniper, but just normal moving and shooting felt totally fine to me. Are you sure you aren't confusing the dynamic crosshair jumping around (it would move to show where the bullets would actually hit if there was any obstructions) to the mouse actually skipping?

ezekial45

Banned
Has anyone mods sprung up for GZ on PC? I'm aware of the characters swaps, but I'm curious if anyone made anything more substantial.

Javier23

Banned
I don't remember specifically anything with the sniper, but just normal moving and shooting felt totally fine to me. Are you sure you aren't confusing the dynamic crosshair jumping around (it would move to show where the bullets would actually hit if there was any obstructions) to the mouse actually skipping?
He isn't. I'd be extremely surprised if you didn't have the same issue. Try using the sniper in GZ if you still have it installed. It's just atrocious. I play the game with a controller though. Feels better to me, even though the deadzones are also pretty bad. Normal aiming is a lot easier with kb+m obv.

In general the port has its fair share of issues, despite the great performance.

Nzyme32

Has anyone mods sprung up for GZ on PC? I'm aware of the characters swaps, but I'm curious if anyone made anything more substantial.

It has mostly been like that along with fixes for the bokeh, unlocked framerate and editing some of the textures / images. I imagine that is mostly down to GZ not really being a big enough release to get modders invested in really doing anything substantial. TPP will likely be a bit more interesting

EpicBox

All Steam customers will receive a collector’s video which reveals behind the scenes footage
Looking forward to seeing Konami employees getting yelled at for taking too long on their breaks.

tariniel

Well fuck, I bought Ground Zeroes last Steam sale so I could play before TPP, and now I get it free? At least it was only $5.

I'm glad it's releasing the 1st like the consoles though, I just hope it's not a bad port. Please don't be a bad port.

Also, any chance the GMG would be selling Steam keys? They usually have some % off coupon floating around. Or does Steam only also mean no resellers like GMG?

So on a scale of 1-10 those who bought GZ on steam/PC already, how upset are you that you essentially get the game for free with preorder now?

regardless, this is great for PC gamers too.

Holdfing

Älg;173979465 said:
Not on Steam, but I was hoping for a physical release; those are usually not more than €45.

Have you checked your retailers recently? Mine listed a physical release not long ago. Trying to find out if it's true. Neither Konami nor the distributor responded so far.

Pre-order bonuses: Are there any pics of the Venom Emblem? Or anyone know what the Mother Base Staff 3 is?

Glad I can gift my bonus copy of GZ, not even mad that I own it already with the $5 I paid for it.

And I typically really hate pre-ordering, but since the specs for this game are so close to GZ, I think I can breath a tad easy this time around.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So on a scale of 1-10 those who bought GZ on steam/PC already, how upset are you that you essentially get the game for free with preorder now?

regardless, this is great for PC gamers too.

not upset at all, I already got my 30 hours of gameplay done

Älg

Have you checked your retailers recently? Mine listed a physical release not long ago. Trying to find out if it's true. Neither Konami nor the distributor responded so far.

I actually checked as soon as I saw this thread. Then I was disappointed and posted here.
:(

Top Bottom