• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Oct. 6 Patch Detailed

The new online storage for stuff is so dumb and I don't understand it

Online: Have 282k GMP

Log out: have -200k GMP and be in the red

What the hell? Some part of all of your stuff now seems to be permanently stored on your FOBs. I don't get why the system they had before needed to be changed.

Ashura_MX

Processed FOB resources is a piece of shit, everything else is hilarious / don't care.

Hell farming is not that hard anyway but fuckyou helicopter rides.

Segaswirl

What glitch? :0

You also got me thinking... Don't look if you haven't finished the game.
I can't get 100% file if I didn't buy all of quiet's equipment? Damn how was I supposed to know. I didn't buy the Silver/Gold outfits. :(

If you pick up a blueprint and die then start from a checkpoint, you will no longer have the blueprint. It will also not appear back where you picked it up from, making it unobtainable.

I don't know if this applies to every blueprint or just the one in mission 14, which is the one I need.

As for the Quiet thing, that's ridiculous if true. I'm not seeing her gold and silver outfits in the Key Items section of the Database so I don't think they count toward the 100%

Edit: They actually fixed it, yesss!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't the Sneaking Suit negate NVGs...?

I know it says that NVG's would not detect the body heat from a person, but I swear that in missions the enemies who use NVG see me easier even with sneaking suit on.

Astery

Just logged in to check it out, WTF are those combined and online resources doing? That's imo the biggest change that is being underplayed by konami. I get my vehicles capped at 3 offline while i have over 60 each, placed weapons capped at 6, all other offline caps lowered if not stayed the same on everything.

Yes let's turn the system into a complete mobile F2P crap as if it's not already enough.

Just logged in to check it out, WTF are those combined and online resources doing? That's imo the biggest change that is being underplayed by konami. I get my vehicles capped at 3 offline while i have over 60 each, placed weapons capped at 6, all other offline caps lowered if not stayed the same on everything.

Yes let's turn the system into a complete mobile F2P crap as if it's not already enough.

People need to talk about this, the change makes no sense. Are you able to sell your online vehicles or do you also just have a number of vehicles there doing nothing? I was only able to sell 3 tanks and that's it.

Hypron

Wait what?

I'm pretty much done with the game so it won't really affect me but that sucks balls.

If you pick up a blueprint and die then start from a checkpoint, you will no longer have the blueprint. It will also not appear back where you picked it up from, making it unobtainable.

I don't know if this applies to every blueprint or just the one in mission 14, which is the one I need.

As for the Quiet thing, that's ridiculous if true. I'm not seeing her gold and silver outfits in the Key Items section of the Database so I don't think they count toward the 100%

Items developed don't count towards completion so you're fine. To get 100% completion you need to do all mission objectives, S-rank all missions, do all side ops and dispatch missions, find all the animals, find all the blue prints and get all the key items (which you should get by doing all the other requirements and enabling fast travel in all the outposts).

Atilac

I have 203 mortar launchers, now 200 are on my fob and I cant sell them? Wtf
I did a few upgrades, burned through 50 thousand precious minerals!!!!! Am I constructing this stuff out of solid gold?
Now fobs seem to hold processed resources, not just unprocessed - putting them at risk with invaders, just to sell fucking insurance?

Astery

People need to talk about this, the change makes no sense. Are you able to sell your online vehicles or do you also just have a number of vehicles there doing nothing? I was only able to sell 3 tanks and that's it.

yes you can't sell online vehicles. And my 60+ vehicles on each gets cut into 15 total (3 caps in offline, 12 caps in online). Where did my other stuff went konami?

yes you can't sell online vehicles. And my 60+ vehicles on each gets cut into 15 total (3 caps in offline, 12 caps in online). Where did my other stuff went konami?

Same happens to GMP btw as I posted here

What the hell? Some part of all of your stuff now seems to be permanently stored on your FOBs. I don't get why the system they had before needed to be changed.

I don't even know why or how I have GMP on my FOB now

Hypron

Buy an extra FOB to find out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Batzi

Banned
I don't know what people are talking about but there was never a 3rd chapter planned, it simply never existed. You guys are hallucinating.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
nc0JJkb.jpg

Any update for when these will be coming? The patch seems great, I don't want insurance but I would like some new suits.

I don't know what people are talking about but there was never a 3rd chapter planned, it simply never existed. You guys are hallucinating.

ya totally kojima planned to mash together the three most impactful missions in the game one after the other and give us an entire chapter half-full with missions from the prior

Hypron

Edit: Actually after reading your post - didn't people find stuff in the game files about a chapter 3?

RootCause

What? That's it! I'm not patching it until I'm finished upgrading my stuff, and selling the remainder of my crap. :x

Glad they fixed it.

As for the other part. I don't know if it counts, since I haven't bought all the other equipment. Hoping they also add
Quiet as a buddy again.
Makes no sense, we can can replay missions, so it can't be a continuity thing. Best not cost me coins. :p

Skux

So I finally tried this FOB thing and it's actually pretty fun. Great way to make GMP and farm resources.

There are a lot of easy targets to scout. Many people just use the default security settings and have E-level dudes with no devices (especially drones). Once you memorise a route you can repeat for mostly consistent results.

It seems they fixed the blueprint glitch too (if you picked up a blueprint on certain missions and restarted the checkpoint/died it wouldn't count as you getting it and the blueprint wouldn't be there anymore).

what stuff?

Extra FOB or any of the microtransactions in the game; Konami blows hot dick, everyone knows this, but the microtransactions in this game are not all that big a deal. I'm surprised they didn't include an option to pay for development speed-up per item, for instance.

Extra FOB or any of the microtransactions in the game; Konami blows hot dick, everyone knows this, but the microtransactions in this game are not all that big a deal. I'm surprised they didn't include an option to pay for development speed-up per item, for instance.

I agree that the microtransactions themselves aren't invasive (and as we can see Konami is trying their hardest to change that), but the whole FOB system by itself is.

Oh and they're now selling FOB expansion speed-ups for MB Coins, so we're getting there.

Astery

Honestly that stuff is not invasive in the slightest

it's not invasive. it's ridiculous.
I didn't pay 60 bucks for a game that relies on mobile clash of clan style mechanics to suck players money from, or if I refuse to pay, i have to constantly nurse the game with time otherwise unnecessary to avoid it failing into ruins.

You can opt out by staying offline forever you say, okay fine, now this patch just lowered the offline caps in favor of online activities. Staying offline is just positioned itself even closer to a basic F2P game that severely limits you (in the sense of a unreasonable grind time that doesn't seem practical even if theortically workable. It has no purpose other than making you pay more to play in a reasonable manner.) For what purpose does Konami have aside from making people to play FOB by implementing this new and LOWERED limits? the mode where it's forcing in competition even while you are offline (unless you pay for insurance, that solves the problem by paying them, wow)

I agree that the microtransactions themselves aren't invasive (and as we can see Konami is trying their hardest to change that), but the whole FOB system by itself is.

Nah. Players can play in offline mode, problem solved. FOB hardly ever works anyway, so

it's not invasive. it's ridiculous.
I didn't pay 60 bucks for a game that relies on mobile clash of clan style mechanics to suck players money from, or if I refuse to pay, i have to constantly nurse the game with time otherwise unnecessary to avoid it failing into ruins.

You can opt out by staying offline forever you say, okay fine, now this patch just lowered the offline caps in favor of online activities. Staying offline is just positioned itself even closer to a basic F2P game that severely limits you. For what purpose does Konami have aside from making people to play FOB by implementing this new and LOWERED limits? the mode where it's forcing in competition even while you are offline (unless you pay for insurance, that solves the problem by paying them, wow)

haha don't play fob man idk what to tell you. welcome to 2015 i guess??????

Nah. Players can play in offline mode, problem solved. FOB hardly ever works anyway, so

FOB always works fine for me, but you should be able to get the advantages of an expanded base without having to bother with invasions.
haha don't play fob man idk what to tell you. welcome to 2015 i guess??????
Oh you're one of those people. I guess there's no point in discussing it then

FOB always works fine for me, but you should be able to get the advantages of an expanded base without having to bother with invasions.

Oh you're one of those people. I guess there's no point in discussing it then

oh ur 1 of those people :(

haha nah man, I'm just saying, who cares??????????????????????????????? fob is ass anyway????????????????? like???????????? there's nothing TO discuss lol

Kei-

Processed FOB resources is a piece of shit, everything else is hilarious / don't care.

Hell farming is not that hard anyway but fuckyou helicopter rides.

If you're farming fuel resources, say goodbye to helicopter rides; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmi3JXOD4fQ

Needed 75k fuel resources for the last thing I need to do, that got it for me really quickly. It also has precious metals and minor metals.

wouldn't sneaking suit nullify it?

There is a new NVG for your security team that can spot invaders with sneaking suits.

Ashura_MX

Its also capped? well, fuck this shit, at least I didn't lose much yeey -_-

Top Bottom