• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Oct. 6 Patch Detailed

Lernaean

Banned
One of the best games I've ever played, the gameplay so good and fulfilling that i can forget everything that went wrong with the game in the end, including the butchered down campaign, but the whole FOB thing is disgusting.
I have more than 250 hrs and 100% on PS4 and i'm on about 35 hrs on my PC playthrough and i have played one FOB mission each playthrough just for the trophy. I just decline at the beginning and start the game offline and idk or care if anyone invaded, the whole mode is just bullshit.
The micro-transactions Konami forced in make it even worse.
Oh and Quiet is a damn mechanic, not just a story element. We got it, we felt the loss, but ultimately we bought the game to have fun after a shitty day at work, not to have something to be pissed off at home too. It's time they make her available in mission sortie again.
One of the best games i ever played and yet so many shitty things about it...

poodaddy

I hate it when patch notes have exclamation points on every bullet, I can't help but read it as someone awkwardly raising his voice and being uncomfortably excited whilst reading off rather mundane update details. O.T., I wonder if modders will find a way to engage the FOB insurance through a mod as opposed to paying real world money like a chump. Here's hoping so at least.

Hatchtag

Banned
Really hoping this fixes Phantom Inputs on XBO. It isn't so bad in the campaign, but it's happened in literally every FOB mission I've played, and leads to me alerting guards at least one out of 5 times.

Griss

Insurance.

Wow.

189.gif

Thanks for finding that gif for me. Because that's it, right there.

So much to dislike about this fucking game. What a disappointment.

demolitio

Are FOB guards only from your security team? What i mean is can i just have my trash there and forget about it?

As far as I know, you can have shitty security team guards defending it, but some of your other staff are still at risk if the attacker wins since I noticed a few of my S staff on there as possible casualties.

I haven't been attacked yet though since if you set your security level high enough and pay the GMP (which is pennies after playing for a while), then no one will attack you anyway at the lower level if you don't invade people often. I just kept my security level high and waited until I finished the campaign before starting to dive into it so I never worried about losing my staff.

Lernaean

Banned
As far as I know, you can have shitty security team guards defending it, but some of your other staff are still at risk if the attacker wins since I noticed a few of my S staff on there as possible casualties.

I haven't been attacked yet though since if you set your security level high enough and pay the GMP (which is pennies after playing for a while), then no one will attack you anyway at the lower level if you don't invade people often. I just kept my security level high and waited until I finished the campaign before starting to dive into it so I never worried about losing my staff.

I read a bit about it and it seems it's better to invest on security and forget about it than leaving it defenseless, so i'm gonna do just that.

Fuck off Konami. I'm so glad that I bought this on Steam. I have my own free insurance scheme; it's called Cheat Engine. It cost me 0 MB (Magical Bollock) coins. So, once again, fuck off Konami for putting this FOB bullshit in, clearly at the expense of something good, say, like a cohesive story. Still, I do love running around my empty shell of a base and I'm really desperate to pay you real money to make them experience even more empty.

Now, I'm off to play Legend of The Mystical Ninja to remind me of a time when Konami were fucking awesome.

Vanguard

Grade 7 Hail!? Because it wasn't OP enough for defending FOB's!

And happy to read about the leaving without a trace change. The amount of times whithout being spotted or doing anything to alert that I was there having a defender come in, personally felt unrewarding to me for doing well at stealth.

Paying real money for insurance is hilarious.

Well I just finished developing every single weapon and item so the Rank7 stuff is welcome to have some use for my resources.

TBH the FOB MB coins stuff is not getting me riled up. Those coins have been pretty much useless for people who need a shortcut. You were only able to buy more FOBs that are easier to get invaded because you don't have the resources to upgrade them :p

I upgraded all FOB, weapons and Security stuff w/o having to deal with infiltrations thanks to skipping that one tutorial, no insurance necessary lol

fritzo

it won't be up until later guys & gals. Downloads are rolling out over the day, and the servers aren't up either.

Lernaean

Banned
Excellent. I think it's lingua Franca where I can't listen to the viscount interrogation. Hope it's fixed.

That is fixable anyway. When you are there and they are just standing, not starting the interrogation, just move about 30m away and go back. It worked for me about 4 times.

Erheller

Steam version got a 130 mb patch.

Played a little of it, but servers were down for maintenance so I missed all the online stuff.

When the game saves at a checkpoint, under the gold autosave circle there's now gold text that says "CHECKPOINT".

New weapons and stuff for development. Highlights seem to be a 20-round grenade launcher, nonlethal shotgun, the upgraded version of the American semi-auto sniper rifle, and an upgraded machine gun (about half are upgrades of weapons equippable by security base staff). The anti-vehicle mines and the parasite suit/consumables also got an upgrade.

And that's pretty much all I saw for offline stuff.

mf.luder

That is fixable anyway. When you are there and they are just standing, not starting the interrogation, just move about 30m away and go back. It worked for me about 4 times.

I'll try this, thanks.

I also hope they update their iOS app to be compatible with iOS 9.

Hm, will try this on 16 as the truck driver got out and was just standing to the side of a guy and sighing.

Lernaean

Banned
I am upset that it has taken them this long to add it too. I am so sick of my FOB being invaded. Thank you Konami for this solution!

Thank Konami for monetizing a solution when the best solution would be to actively flag yourself to invade and be invaded? I think you ain't serious.

Was able to log in.
Insurance options:
1 day for 50 coins
3 days for 100 coins
7 days for 200 coins
And 14 for 300 coins
There's also a 3 day trial lol

Setsuna

Looks at the development requirements for these weapons HOLY FUCKING SHIT

All those people that sold there precious metal are kicking themselves in the ass this morning

Recall

Never paid a micro transaction in a game ever and don't plan to start now.

Konami generate a problem and people congratulate for giving a "solution" to it? How about don't make problems from the get go?

Hypron

Never paid a micro transaction in a game ever and don't plan to start now.

Yeah. FOBs have been a complete non-issue for me seriously. I was invaded three times over 160 hours of gameplay. Only once was the guy successful and what I lost was so minimal I wouldn't have noticed it if the game hadn't told me he stole shit fro me.

JackelZXA

FOB Event seems REALLY interesting. Mission 22 was like....a mock fob invasion and felt like a peek in on third map content (FOB as a regular singleplayer level) and the FOB Event thing, from the description, sounds like a way for them to sneak in more singleplayer missions in on the Mother Base map type. I'm interested in that. I backed up my old save file when I started a second playthrough, but I'm not even up to Africa yet on that playthrough so I can't try it out, but it sounds interesting and I'd love to hear reactions to that stuff because I'm not far enough yet...

Lernaean

Banned
The Answer May Shock You

I'm in GAF for a while, nothing shocks me anymore >.<

Yeah. FOBs have been a complete non-issue for me seriously. I was invaded three times over 160 hours of gameplay. Only once was the guy successful and what I lost was so minimal I wouldn't have noticed it if the game hadn't told me he stole shit fro me.

You might be seriously lucky. I had 4 invasions in the one day i played online.

RhyDin

Can someone who applied the patch please confirm that using
Grey Fox suit
still allows you to obtain s-rank? If anyone wasn't aware, it appears to be a glitch, because the loadout screen states it limits you to an a-rank. I hope they didn't fix this; because I haven't s-ranked everything yet and that makes it super easy for most missions.

Top Bottom