• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michel Ancel teasing a new game on Instagram

Shredderi

Hmm gotta admit thought that a prequel is not exactly what I'd want out of a new BG&E. In the end I would take what I could get but I wanna play as Jade again!

Calm Mind

tumblr_mfla786IUf1ro4xoio1_250.gif

Phoenixus

Hmm gotta admit thought that a prequel is not exactly what I'd want out of a new BG&E. In the end I would take what I could get but I wanna play as Jade again!

Could just be flashbacks in the story, doesn't have to be a full-on prequel. BG&E1 left too many unanswered questions anyhoo. :p

If this is a funded by Nintendo game, I hope they get the original game on NX too like with Bayonetta. I'd happily buy it again.

Agreed, but it doesn't mean the whole game is a prequel. Maybe it just delves a bit into Pey'j's backstory.

KingBroly

Banned
I find it weird that BG&E2 being an NX exclusive for launch was one of the earliest rumors we heard this year and somehow it keeps popping up.

Where there's smoke theres fire. I think it's looking likely that this will be tied to the NX in some way. I'm thinking at the most a timed exclusive though

Why do you want it to be exclusive? what is there to gain from anyone but Nintendo?

If exclusivity is the only reason Ubisoft decided to continue production on the game, I have absolutely no problem with it.

That being said, the more I think about it, the more I believe that won't be the case. Doesn't seem like something Nintendo would want teased before the NX unveiling.

KingBroly

Banned
Why do you want it to be exclusive? what is there to gain from anyone but Nintendo?

The rumors have suggested that it'd be NX exclusive. The whole game's been danced around quite a bit and this is basically some kind of vague confirmation that something's happening with the IP.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, this is cool (and random). I'm surprised he (presumably) was allowed to tease the game like this on Instagram.

It's Ubisoft, they'll port it to everything including PS3 and Wii U later.

Eh, depends on if Nintendo is somehow co-funding this. But it would seem super weird to me for Ubisoft to allow an external company to partially pay for one of their games, so I'm thinking you're right and we'll end up with a case like we had with ZombiU if the Destructoid rumor ends up being true.

If exclusivity is the only reason Ubisoft decided to continue production on the game, I have absolutely no problem with it.

That being said, the more I think about it, the more I believe that won't be the case. Doesn't seem like something Nintendo would want teased before the NX unveiling.
What if it gets taken off of Instagram?

sinxtanx

I don't "want" it to be exclusive, it's just the way I see this game happening

remember how the only way for Bayonetta 2 to happen was Nintendo funding it?

BG&E2 is that kind of game
plus the rumor from earlier this year

UrbanRats

If it being exclusive is what it takes to exist, I'd be happy with that. Otherwise yeah, multiplatform.

Well i mean, absolutely (i'm getting an NX for the eventual 3d Mario anyway) i just wasn't getting the requests about the exclusivity.
I didn't know about the rumors tying it to NX though.

I don't "want" it to be exclusive, it's just the way I see this game happening

remember how the only way for Bayonetta 2 to happen was Nintendo funding it?

BG&E2 is that kind of game
plus the rumor from earlier this year
I figured Ubisoft is big enough not to need Nintendo money (contrary to Platinum).
But i guess BG&E isn't.

Rodin

That timing. NX?
What timing? We have no clue when Nintendo intends to unveil the system. If anything, teasing it before the console is even announced confirms that it's NOT going to be an exclusive. Especially considering all the secrecy surrounding the new Nintendo machine.

Yeah, exactly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is BG&E as loved as Bayonetta 1? Can't honestly see the same level of shitstorm happening again.

I dont know many people who played BG&E and didnt love it - then again it doesnt really matter what exclusive games get announced for NX - as long as its not on PS4 (the only system where exclusivity is okay) - GAF will likely loose their shit.

Entertaining times ahead thats for sure :)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
An exclusive where Nintendo finances most of the development is one that is potentially very helpful for the relations between said publisher and Nintendo and could yield
(1) follow-up products of a similar kind (which are not all too common games at the moment)
(2) increased support by said publisher for NX

Also it could yield a game that is perfectly fit to the system it is made for. Considering Ancel's team made Rayman Raving Rabbids at launch for Wii and Rayman Legends close to launch for Wii U, his team in particular is one that seems a good fit for making creative use of whatever makes NX special. Not to mention that Nintendo would signal a step outside its Japanese bubble wrt significant cooperations.

Therefore for someone interested in NX, an exclusiveness agreement like that could be a good thing as well.

It's Ubisoft, they'll port it to everything including PS3 and Wii U later.
I think, outside of the Capcom 5 Nintendo has never made an exclusiveness agreement that did not entail exclusiveness forever.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well i mean, absolutely (i'm getting an NX for the eventual 3d Mario anyway) i just wasn't getting the requests about the exclusivity.
I didn't know about the rumors tying it to NX though.

I figured Ubisoft is big enough not to need Nintendo money (contrary to Platinum).
But i guess BG&E isn't.

In case you haven't seen the rumor yet that people are referring to, it's this: https://www.destructoid.com/rumor-nintendo-funding-beyond-good-and-evil-sequel-346059.phtml

EDIT: Looking at that article, it'll be interesting to see if that rumor and the accompanying NX rumor that the same person provided end up being true.

Top Bottom