• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces new Xbox One 1TB console; new controller

Lettuce

Shame they didn't decide to add a mic to the pad as well to allow for voice control without the need of the Kinect!!

OCD Guy

I'll be picking this up tomorrow....https://mobile.twitter.com/GAMEBluewater/status/608268914745864192

It's apparently £349 with two free games. That's quite good in my opinion.

Now just to decide whether to trade in my ps4 or just buy it and have all 3 consoles.

The more I think about it the less I want to take a loss trading in my ps4 when I know I'll only want one again when uncharted 4 etc hits.

Makes sense to have all the consoles and just buy the exclusives you want. I was hesitant to pick up an Xbox one recently as I knew there was a new controller and 1tb being announced, and knew I'd be feeling regret buying an "old" sku so soon before the "new" one. Glad it's for sale tomorrow in the UK.

Kinsella

Banned
Heads-up, next week (14th - 20th) Target is offering a 50 dollar Target gift card with any Xbox One purchase. I assume they'll have these new ones since Major indicated stores would get them on the 16th.

I need that matte finish... I can't stand the gloss of the Xbox One. The light scratches make me go insane so I have it to where no light reflects on it enough to notice.

That PC dongle is awesome for me. I am still using an older wired controller for my PC and one of the sticks get slighty stuck in a direction and registers movement unless I always make sure to hold it in the center and would much prefer a wireless solution with the XBone controller.

The inclusion of a mainstream multiplayer game is genius. I always find myself wishing console makers would do that (ie all PS3s should have had Warhawk and MotorStorm installed on them).

Won't be able to get this, but I'm jealous of those who can.

New controller doesn't only have a 3.5 mm jack, the bumpers are improved as well, and you can now update the controller firmware wirelessly. This is more than I could have ever wished for from the xbox one controller.

MCD

$65 is for the Camo version of the controller - it will be shipping standalone later in the year at the same price as the current one.

Bumpers changed from hinged at the top to a full button - depending on grip, people were having a hard time pressing them from the top.

Perhaps people missed Mic Monitoring...

Removable Batteries are always going to be the default. I know it's controversial but we think being able to swap out batteries and keep playing is better.

Wireless Adapter for Win10 will support audio and multiple controllers.

Any other hidden improvements? A fix for that disconnection problem for example?

Anyone know exactly what is different with the bumpers?

Pressable along the entire bumper instead of just at the sides, and they no longer click but are silent. The best controller just got better.

So the new headset doesn't have a mute button or volume controls? Seems like a downgrade to me.
Those are controlled now within console settings. I believe you can still use a headset adapter if you like extra buttons, the option still remains.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Really tired of these camo reskins. Give me solid colors. And put the dang white one out by itself.

Pressable along the entire bumper instead of just at the sides, and they no longer click but are silent. The best controller just got better.

Those are controlled now within console settings. I believe you can still use a headset adapter if you like extra buttons, the option still remains.

If I'm playing something like Destiny, e.g., I feel like it would be much easier to hit a button to mute or unmute as opposed to going through the console settings. I mean I use that button a lot.

If I'm playing something like Destiny, e.g., I feel like it would be much easier to hit a button to mute or unmute as opposed to going through the console settings. I mean I use that button a lot.

Yeah, I agree completely that buttons are better. There wasn't that much room on the controller to add mute / volume buttons though without extending the whole thing downwards. The plastic adapter with the buttons is convenient but it's also ugly.

Yeah, I agree completely that buttons are better. There wasn't that much room on the controller to add mute / volume buttons though without extending the whole thing downwards. The plastic adapter with the buttons is convenient but it's also ugly.

I suspect some money was saved as well.

Chobel

Not sure if mentioned but lol, the new model costs €449 in the German Microsoft Store:

ZPvTrbS.png

This SKU will be so DOA in Europe, it's not even funny.

Oppo

controller seems expensive vs the Steam controller

3.5mm audio jack is welcome, tho

wonder how battery life will do

But the current Xbone bumpers are perfect. =(

Not everyone knows how to use them, ie rolling your index finger between trigger and bumper. People have been trying to press the bumpers from way up top and complaining that they are too stiff. I personally have had no problems with the current bumpers, I do like that the new ones don't click though.

MrBS

Oh sure release the matte finish one now MS!!!! So salty :p

Also lol at MS most expensive, researched, iterated controller getting an update already. Perfect just got perfecterer.

I'll be sure to pick up the wireless dongle for PC though. Love using that controller on PC.

Top Bottom