• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft can't spell Banjo Kazooie

cabel

I hope this hasn't been discussed already but, seriously, how hard can it be to spell? YOU PAID $365 MILLION FOR IT

banjo2.jpg

LOLUI

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe they don't want to get involved with trying to trademark "kazoo" or something.

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday, pretty embarassing. The press release says Kazooie and they have a trademark on it in the US it's definitely Banjo-Kazooie.

Gigglepoo

It may have just had two many characters with Kazooie written out. You can see that Banjo Kazui stretches all the way to the end of the line. If they had put Kazooie in there, it would have been cut off. Seems pretty simple to me.

----

Banned
I think they fixed it. It definitely says Kazooie in the description section on Xbox Live Marketplace.

cabel

---- said:
I think they fixed it. It definitely says Kazooie in the description section on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Weirdly, I don't remember seeing in the description / catalog -- only after I downloaded it. Is that possible?

Anyway, WOWUI, etc.

---- said:
I think that's true, said that when I downloaded today, but the actual video on the harddrive says Kazui at least for me.

cabel said:
Weirdly, I don't remember seeing in the description / catalog -- only after I downloaded it. Is that possible?

It must be. I noticed that the Gamespot Live Arcade interview mentions the Arcade aspect in the description/name on the marketplace, but not on the actual downloaded video, I believe.

sangreal

The one I have downloaded says Banjo Kazui but I just checked the marketplace and it says Banjo-Kazooie

ichigo kurosaki said:
Plus, it's "Viva PiÑata"!! The 'ñ' deserves some love too!

this is also fixed

edit: I just downloaded Viva Piñata and sure enough the ñ turns into n once downloaded. Weird.

manxor

Windows, Window is = Window's?
Just ridiculous... though they have been fixing this stuff, of course you have to re-download it to see the edited speeling.

cabel said:
I hope this hasn't been discussed already but, seriously, how hard can it be to spell? YOU PAID $365 MILLION FOR IT

LOLUI

Your a real riot...you shouldnt be playing videogames but a stand up comedian :D

Mr.Potato Head said:
Your a real riot...you shouldnt be playing videogames but a stand up comedian :D

1) "you're" not "your"
2) apostrophe missing from "shouldn't"
3) comma needed after "videogames"
4) "stand-up" is hyphenated
5) auxillary negative helping verb "should not be" does not apply to "[should be] a stand-up comedian"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was talking to a friend of mine on Live while playing Doom last night, and he said `Haha, they renamed it Kazui to make it more japanese! That`s so awesome!`

I replied `I`m pretty sure that`s an idiotic spelling mistake.` Sigh.

Top Bottom