• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Fixing Xbox One Controller at Request of Respawn for TitanFall

There was quite a few people saying the XB1 sticks were too loose I think

It's a funny flip-flop in design. The DS4 sticks are very similar to the 360's and the Xbone's are very similar to the DS3 (tension and deadzone sensitivity).

A big reason I played most shooters on the 360 was I hated the longer, more sensitive PS3 sticks for aiming. Now I'm playing almost everything on the PS4 pad.

nib95

Banned
The only thing I could see them doing is not to increase the deadzone, which would surely be counter productive with what they have done, but perhaps creating an undead zone, with reduced sensitivity.

Alternatively they may just be altering the data that is produced so the game can interpret the inputs however the developer wants, But I would have thought they could have done that anyway.

I would have thought the latter they could already do too. Hopefully after a patch someone can do a comparison to try and figure it out.

Chobel

I would have thought the latter they could already do too. Hopefully after a patch someone can do a comparison to try and figure it out.

I would really like to see Digital foundry article about it. Make it happen dark10x

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft outright bought Respawn.

Microsoft have said they are trying to create new studios and get people to come and work for them rather than buying creative from studios.

If they haven't bought Ruffian (who do a ton of contract for them outside of Crackdown 2 + other 360 games), Remedy, Undead Labs or Playground they're extremely unlikely to buy Respawn who I doubt want to be bought anyway

Chobel

Microsoft have said they are trying to create new studios and get people to come and work for them rather than buying creative from studios.

If they haven't bought Ruffian (who do a ton of contract for them outside of Crackdown 2 + other 360 games), Remedy, Undead Labs or Playground they're extremely unlikely to buy Respawn who I doubt want to be bought anyway

Not any of these studio made/will make a game that will do sales like Titanfall. We're talking about CoD killer here.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
It's a funny flip-flop in design. The DS4 sticks are very similar to the 360's and the Xbone's are very similar to the DS3.

A big reason I played most shooters on the 360 was I hated the longer, more sensitive PS3 sticks for aiming. Now I'm playing almost everything on the PS4 pad.

No they aren't. Not to me. Not even close.

Not any of these studio made/will make a game that will do sales like Titanfall. We're talking about CoD killer here.

I dont disagree, but if MS were going to do anything with Respawn it'll be as publisher at the moment but I doubt they will go elsewhere from EA anyway

Dudes. The length and tension of Xbone sticks are way closer to the DS3 than the 360. Come on. Dudes.

I just tried them all out again, and I still think the length is closer to 360, but the tension is closer to DS3. The thumb grip area is smaller than both, though. I like this.

I'm happy they are fixing this.

Currently I prefer my DS4 and 360 Controller to the Xbox One. Party because of the joystiq sensitivity being closer to the DS3. I hope the fix works. Maybe we will get PC support as well?

hesido

I vaguely remember games may be coming with their own "drivers" to keep forward compatibility, would this patch effect all other games on the system, I wonder.

Prine

Banned
Dudes. The length and tension of Xbone sticks are way closer to the DS3 than the 360. Come on. Dudes.

It's nothing like, I'll say this again it's absolutely NOTHING like PS3 sticks is any sense, resistance, tension, shape, movement, placement NOTHING is like that terrible ball ache of a controller

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
MS is ensuring that.

They are looking for the next Halo.

They're trying to, but no one can ensure that. Sony's been trying to ensure that for four Killzones now and nobody in their right mind would call that series the next Halo.

Top Bottom