• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
video shows them using the controls by hovering over. (I'm sure there is a lot more but at least its a glance)

Can’t wait to move to far to the left or the right of the button I need to click with my thumb stick whilst hurtling towards the ground. Bring on the 27th.

twilo99

Also, I wouldn't exactly call K&M an advantage. There are players on controller who can dominate K&M players, especially since controller has assisted-aim.

Not especially, aim assist is the only reason this works at all.

Well, some folk just can’t get behind Xbox huh? ;)

To my eyes, this is amazing for a machine that costs £249. Not as good as big brother, but that’s to be expected.

Microsoft should release it for the PS5 so we can see if it runs better on that than the s

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Well, some folk just can’t get behind Xbox huh? ;)

To my eyes, this is amazing for a machine that costs £249. Not as good as big brother, but that’s to be expected.

I am surprised the S runs it at all as well after what this game does to my 5950x 3090 and can not wait to try it on my Series X

But lets be real that doesnt look good on the S.

I am glad people are going to get to try it but it looks rough

CobraAB

sorry but nope that looks bad. i know it's low spec hardware so it's to be expected but i wouldn't enjoy playing that. there is waaay too much pop in and the draw distance is very low. textures are low resolution too.

but hey i am used to playing this game at maxed out settings on PC. i'm just sayind i'd be pissed if i bought the game looking like that. hopefully the Series X looks better.
I guess a Ryzen 9, RTX 3090 and 64 GB ram will only satisfy you. That might even be marginal.

BigLee74

I am surprised the S runs it at all as well after what this game does to my 5950x 3090 and can not wait to try it on my Series X

A tad unfair given this is meant to be one of the most demanding areas in the game?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A tad unfair given this is meant to be one of the most demanding areas in the game?

For what the machine is designed for and whats its doing its pretty cool for the price.

As far as looking great it simply doesnt achieve that but its not meant to be a 4k 60fps machine either.

For what the machine is designed for and whats its doing its pretty cool for the price.

As far as looking great it simply doesnt achieve that but its not meant to be a 4k 60fps machine either.
I suppose it comes down to what looks great on the XSS. The price is the biggest feature of the console. It promised next generation games for $300. This game appears to meet that benchmark. It was never sold as a graphical powerhouse nor was it sold as a device with the best visuals. The only way this looks 'bad' is if we put unrealistic standards on the system. Let's see how this game runs on the Steam Deck. That system costs even more.

Stuart360

Pretty shocked how smooth and stutter free this is on the X and especially the S.
My PC is considerably more powerful than the S and Manhattan is stutter city for me with probably a 25fps average.
Cant wait for the PC patch and see how it perferms for me after. The S performance has given me a lot of hope lol.

Any word on whether the Series X version has a campaign or not? I know that there are a lot of good community mods on the PC that can act as a campaign or guide for beginners, but I'm not so sure if anything like that exists on the console versions. What does one do when starting the game from the beginning? Just pick a plane and go flying anywhere?

Connxtion

Any word on whether the Series X version has a campaign or not? I know that there are a lot of good community mods on the PC that can act as a campaign or guide for beginners, but I'm not so sure if anything like that exists on the console versions. What does one do when starting the game from the beginning? Just pick a plane and go flying anywhere?
There are a lot more tutorials now.

Stuart360

There are a lot of tutorials and tests you can do 'land a plane at this notorious hard to land airport, etc).
For me though, i put 80 hours into the game and all i did was pick different airports from around the world, then just flew around exploring.
It really is quite something.

dcmk7

Banned

I'm in the same boat. It's going to be a relaxing game to chill with.

Only seen a small portion of the XSS footage but I have to agree it didn't look too hot. Glad I get to play this on the big brother for the superior experience.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm in the same boat. It's going to be a relaxing game to chill with.

Only seen a small portion of the XSS footage but I have to agree it didn't look too hot. Glad I get to play this on the big brother for the superior experience.
Its so perfect for that.

Then you can go do fun things like racing Redbull style in the Grand Canyon and trying to land a 747 in crazy places or flying it under places like the Golden Gate Bridge

I havent played in awhile but always love taking my larger planes into very busy airports and buzzing people practicing their take offs and landings :)

On PC having the helicopter mod I enjoy trying to land that thing is cray places as well.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It doesn't. XSS version is crap. Draw distance is awful and a lot of pop ups.

I find this screenshot pretty crazy for 500USD machine:

snimekobrazovky2021-0vvk0l.png

hlm666

Pretty shocked how smooth and stutter free this is on the X and especially the S.
My PC is considerably more powerful than the S and Manhattan is stutter city for me with probably a 25fps average.
Cant wait for the PC patch and see how it perferms for me after. The S performance has given me a lot of hope lol.
The PC performance in update 5 looks substantial going by the 2060 comparison from a few weeks ago.

Has anybody seen any info on the Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade pack? On console I keep getting an error but on the website it asks me to redeem a code to claim it. I have pre-ordered the GamePass version and I suppose it may not go live until the Xbox version of the game actually releases but the Premium Add-Ons Bundle for Forza Horizon 5 (£35.99) went live as soon as they added the game.
I'm hoping for a similar sort of price for the GamePass version of Flight Simulator too.
Managed to answer my own question via an Xbox FAQ that I'd not seen before.

i5j1Bp6.png

Hopefully the upgrade isn't too expensive. 🤞

elliot5

Good to see Series S running a game not possible on last gen consoles, hopefully DF give us the uncapped framerate metrics around launch as that's how I will be playing with VRR.
I'm sure they will as it's a unique feature and will provide a decent benchmark against PC

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m not sure if this is common knowledge, but on Xbox you can delete the offline map which drastically reduces the file size from nearly 100gb to 42gb.

Obviously I imagine this means you have to stream the game world, however, as I have fibre internet and only Series S memory, this is a fantastic solution for me.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The Series X version is fantastic, a true next generation title like no other. Excellent draw distance and seems to be running better than the current version on PC (even with a 3080..) which struggles with airliners, especially with glass cockpits.

..and yes of course the PC version will get all the threaded optimizations as well, so it's all good. Can't wait to jump back into this in VR with the performance update installed.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The Series X version is fantastic, a true next generation title like no other. Excellent draw distance and seems to be running better than the current version on PC (even with a 3080..) which struggles with airliners, especially with glass cockpits.

..and yes of course the PC version will get all the threaded optimizations as well, so it's all good. Can't wait to jump back into this in VR with the performance update installed.

Excited Crazy Ex Girlfriend GIF

Same bullshit as the Forza Horizon games, husks waiting to be filled with dlc, the dlc is where all the fun shit is.

dont know much about this individual but I’m getting strong console warrior vibes.

lots of insecure reactions seemingly caused by the positive vibes around Flight Sim on consoles. My favourite so far is the concern around pop-in on Series S. :messenger_grinning:

Currently out of town and away from my Series X but I’ll be back just in time to see and play this in all its 4K VRR glory.

This has been my most anticipated title since it was announced it was coming to consoles.

Schmick

i'm getting more and more interested in this. how would it perform on a 2070?
Since the latest Sim update 5 the performance has been much improved. I think you 2070 will do just fine at 1440p at high end setting and volumetric clouds set to ultra. The thing about this Sim is that running 30fps is perfectly acceptable.

Since the latest Sim update 5 the performance has been much improved. I think you 2070 will do just fine at 1440p at high end setting and volumetric clouds set to ultra. The thing about this Sim is that running 30fps is perfectly acceptable.
thanks. i'll be at 1080p and it sound like it will run good, will have to give it a try then.

Top Bottom