• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is creating a marketing problem for Xbox Series X that 12 TFLOPs can't fix, and PS5 / Switch are going to walk all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcheif

I can’t with Xbox’s UIs across the generations. First the blades, then the better one, then the tiled based that was ok but increased the amount of ads from “why am I seeing ads in my user interface if I already pay for the console, the games and the online?” to “where the hell is MY content?”; then there is the One UI that is something that I directly don’t understand: I just click on the face of master chef and pray that what I am booting is the game.

Anyways this is OT. My point is that the Game Pass is a serious marketing propeller.
Lot of great points about the Xbox UI! Let's hope its improved by this time next year 🤞.

sircaw

Banned
Xbox needs to show great games and be competitive on price.

Show amazing quality games and gamers will take notice of your system.
Fail to show amazing games be prepared for a long generation of disappointment.

Virex

Banned
All this talk about XSX and PS5 when we know Stadia is getting an upgrade that will obliterate both power wise combined. Bow before Stadia you ignorant fucking savages

Post Paid For By Alphabet Inc.

SoraNoKuni

They both have 3d audio chips, both support RT, both have SSDs, what is new in PS5 that’s not in XsX?
Arguably Sony invested a lot more in their "3D Audio" take a look at Sony's 360 Audio Reality which is the base of the new Audio "system" of sony, it's actually revolutionary and not just another 3D Audio engine, those exist years now, it's not the same.

Also the SSD Tech is just not comparable even if a lot of people compare them, Sony is pushing the technology forward with this machine and sooner or later people will realize it, I know I'll get some lols for this comment but it's just the reality and blind fanboyism won't change that, honestly I would love more TFLOPS on PS5, but a slight better pixel count doesn't change your experience in couch gaming, except if you play on a monitor, else the difference side by side is miniscule and almost not observable.

Excuse my grammatical errors but I am overworked and can't focus since English isn't my native language.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I like the simplicity of the PS5 UI and honestly don't care for them to change it.

Hopefully it's still simple and not convoluted like the Xbox UI (last I tried it at least, it's been a while TBH).

vpance

I’m no marketing person, but If imagine something like:

“Most powerful console in the world”

If they could unequivocally say that then they already would have, like they did with XBX right out of the gate. But they can’t because both are still relatively close in performance. That’s why they have tag lines like “Most powerful. Xbox.”

Elenchus

Banned
Wait until someone tells him that DualSense’s biggest feature is one that MS introduced in 2013.

wvmhxxE.png

EsZLwbL.png

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
12 > 10.2
And this is all that needed to be said. Haptic feedback my ass honestly, that frankenstein of a controller ain't got nothing on the perfected Xbox Controller.

As for Onq123, it's just his insecurity that's coming out right now.

I'll say it right now, PS5 will sell more than Series X, and I don't give a shit! Microsoft is doing all the right moves and it'll show come November as this should be their best gen yet in terms of both hardware and software. Let Sony spend more marketing money than MS and Nintendo combined as they have done this gen to show people faking touch sensors (whatever the fuck that is supposed to be) and let us enjoy games on Xbox and PC where it actually matters!

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Wait until someone tells him that DualSense’s biggest feature is one that MS introduced in 2013.

wvmhxxE.png

EsZLwbL.png
Eh... rumble triggers not the same; at least by how Sony is describing them, they'll be more like a racing wheel that actually tightens the resistance dynamically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom