• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Is So Sorry About How It's Treated Xbox One Fans So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeki11a

Banned
MS looks very pathetic, stop looking for pitty already.

How about being really Sorry and make it
399.99?, better yet 299.99.

You are MS a company with endless wealth,
not 1 xbox one has to sell and MS will be wealthy forever still. That cant be said for Nintendo.

Sometimes I wonder why did MS come to gaming consoles, clearly not money. They dont need to sell buildings and stuff like that like Sony to make money.

Sponge

Banned
Mr. Casual, I guarantee you that most of the people who claimed they were boycotting the system would have gotten it anyway once they saw a game they liked.

Wake me up when Microsoft finally does something good with Rare's IPs. That's the whole reason I bought a 360 in the first place.

Derrick01

Banned
Forgiveness my friend... it will set you free

If they want my forgiveness then they can try supporting their console until the end of the generation, or at least until the last year. And do it by putting out a diverse collection of games not just shooters and racers.

Games are the quickest way to my heart. Not having them is the quickest way to piss me off too.

nubbe

I think of this song when I hear any Microsoft representative talk

Some people say that I'm a bad guy
They may be right, they may be right!
But its not as if I don't try
I just fuck up!
Try as I might.

But I can change, I can change!
I can learn to keep my promises, I swear it!
I'll open up my heart and I will share it!
Any minute now I will be born again!
Yes I can change, I can change!!!
I know I've been a dirty little bastard
La la la la la lalala!

heelo

Banned
i mean, think about it: no 'apology tour', no thread, right?...

The worst part about this thread is that there is no "apology tour."

MS is doing what it can to rehab its image at the major gaming events of the season, and a hack author at the Huff Po has characterized it as an "apology tour."

This whole thread is the product of GAF's eagerness to pile-on to its most disfavored sons, combined with a disinclination/disability to actually read the source material.

They shouldn't be sorry.

The so called "fans" should be sorry for acting like immature kids.

Microsoft should demand an apology.
Sweet Billy!

This isn't personal, it's business. Microsoft has presented goods and services deemed repulsive by formerly loyal customers. No apology is required from anyone.

Maxim726X

Their 'apology' is akin to the cheater apologizing to his wife after he gets caught in the act.

Fuck off, MS. I was never a console fanboy but I am now, you turned me into one.

PS4 4 lyfe breh.

Amir0x

Banned
If they want my forgiveness then they can try supporting their console until the end of the generation, or at least until the last year. And do it by putting out a diverse collection of games not just shooters and racers.

Games are the quickest way to my heart. Not having them is the quickest way to piss me off too.

Although to be fair, Derrick, getting to YOUR specific gamer heart must be an impossibly daunting task; you hate, like, almost every game out last gen :p

I thought few people were more cynical than me and then I started reading your posts ;)

Salex

Banned
I still can't believe they are forcing Kinect on you. Thats like Buying a burger and the clerk shows broccoli worth a hunder bucks down your throat first.

Don't worry, even though Microsoft aren't showing everyone how the Kinect 2.0 latency changed, how it improves games, and or how it solves the problems of being limited to a few genres just remember to buy the Xbone now and they'll give you the answers later! It's not like Sony showcased what PS4 Move could do with Playroom and how it's being included for every PS4 and even has free DLC.

FStop7

Banned
The worst part about this thread is that there is no "apology tour."

MS is doing what it can to rehab its image at the major gaming events of the season, and a hack author at the Huff Po has characterized it as an "apology tour."

This whole thread is the product of GAF's eagerness to pile-on to its most disfavored sons, combined with a disinclination/disability to actually read the source material.

There's enough of a difference between your term "image rehab" and their term "apology tour" to get you so riled up?

Endo Punk

In gaming you can't be ahead of the curve you gotta strike just at the right time when everything comes in place. Nintendo Virtual Boy was theoretically a good idea but the tech wasn't quite there and we just weren't ready, with Oculus gamers are ready. Similarly MS thought 5-6 years ahead with XBO when all we really want is a lazer focused gaming system that fully supports discs.

alan666

Banned
picarddrawstheline6css6.gif

this says it all really.

Exactly.

Also, with RROD, no long term commitment towards core 1st/2nd party titles, having us shell out lots of money for their accessories (like their HDD's), & forcing us to pay for Xbox Live Gold just to access free apps behind a paywall, etc.

Why should I care for the Xbox brand, exactly? There's no reason to buy their platforms at all for 3rd party games when you can get the same 3rd party games on another console along with tons of 1st/2nd party games.

Maybe people actually want to play Sunset Overdrive, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Halo, Quantum Break, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct as well as those third party games? I know I want to play most of them. It seems to be some universally accepted fact that Sony is the be-all and end-all for exclusives. There's such a thing as preferences you know?

Derrick01

Banned
Although to be fair, Derrick, getting to YOUR specific gamer heart must be an impossibly daunting task; you hate, like, almost every game out last gen :p

I thought few people were more cynical than me and then I started reading your posts ;)

That's a different issue to me. I don't think that Nintendo doesn't have any games, the difference is they just don't have games for *me*. With 360 since Kinect came out they really do have almost nothing on the retail side. Hell even though Sony's put out almost 40 exclusives in that same time frame it's not like I actually like all of them, I probably don't even like half. But it's a diverse collection and I applaud the effort to keep a diverse library of games that are mostly focused on gamers nonetheless. It's the right attitude for a gaming company to have.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Hmm. Quite a lot of Juniors popping up lately. Paging Bish?

I mean I'm sure there's a crazy influx of new members since the new consoles are hyping up everyone...but the vast majority of posts crazy positive about the Xbone are juniors. Not saying that immediately makes someone suspect...but it is...suspect, lol.

Sponge

Banned
The main problem is that Microsoft thought that reveal was more than good enough. I'm naturally pessimistic about a lot of things but nothing prepared me for how bad that was.

You could say some of their decisions with their games haven't been so smart either. People at Double Helix have said the whole F2P-esque thing going on with Killer Instinct was Microsoft's idea.

The Flash

Banned
I told myself that I wasn't going to post in this thread but I just need to say my two cents and then I'm out.

Their original policies were bad, I didn't like them, they got rid of them, and I'm very happy that they did. What's done is done. It's in the past. It's time, for me at least, to move on and look forward to another great generation of games.

In gaming you can't be ahead of the curve you gotta strike just at the right time when everything comes in place. Nintendo Virtual Boy was theoretically a good idea but the tech wasn't quite there and we just weren't ready, with Oculus gamers are ready. Similarly MS thought 5-6 years ahead with XBO when all we really want is a lazer focused gaming system that fully supports discs.

Not really, though. I think gamers wanted a system that didn't force us toward the future in a heavy fisted and draconian way, taking our rights away in the process. There is nothing inhibiting any of the 3 consoles from evolving their digital distribution services to improve user experience and encourage consumer adoption. That's why everyone was so upset. The Microsoft plan offered all of the drawbacks of a digital only service, while offering none of the benefits.

heelo

Banned
There's enough of a difference between your term "image rehab" and their term "apology tour" to get you so riled up?

The main point is that there's not a single bit of new information in the Huff Po article.

The only new thing is the author's decision to term a string of completely normal event appearances (at which the words "I'm sorry" were never once uttered) as an "apology tour."

SeanR1221

There is literally nothing MS could do or say to satisfy some of you. It's a shame really. Even if you're the biggest Sony or Nintendo fan you should want tough competition.

I get the feeling people are afraid the XB1 will be a big success.

Verendus

Banned
We're sorry.

We're so, so sorry.

We're so, so, so sorry. Please.

Just please.

Please forgive us.

Alternatively:

Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me, no more.

Amir0x

Banned
That's a different issue to me. I don't think that Nintendo doesn't have any games, the difference is they just don't have games for *me*. With 360 since Kinect came out they really do have almost nothing on the retail side. Hell even though Sony's put out almost 40 exclusives in that same time frame it's not like I actually like all of them, I probably don't even like half. But it's a diverse collection and I applaud the effort to keep a diverse library of games that are mostly focused on gamers nonetheless. It's the right attitude for a gaming company to have.

Fair enough, i was just ribbin' you playfully anyway. I happen to agree with a lot of your critiques and think people should spend more time responding to your points instead of you as a personality.

But shifting back on topic for a moment, I agree with you about what MS has to do. Actions speak louder than words. But I do believe this apology is a necessary first step and shouldn't just be immediately dismissed. Every change starts somewhere.

Sponge

Banned
Their originals were bad, I didn't like them, they got rid of them, and I'm very happy that they did. What's done is done. It's in the past. It's time, for me at least, to move on and look forward to another great generation of games.

If they weren't pushing a unfinished fighting game with only 6 characters and no story mode until next year at launch I'd try and look forward to what we've got. They are potentially sending Killer Instinct out to die.

Joeki11a

Banned
I told myself that I wasn't going to post in this thread but I just need to say my two cents and then I'm out.

Their originals were bad, I didn't like them, they got rid of them, and I'm very happy that they did. What's done is done. It's in the past. It's time, for me at least, to move on and look forward to another great generation of games.

MS thought they could force DRM on console gaming, and you think it wasnt a big deal lol?

Forced tactics are not a good thing, gamers stood up and crushed their orwell 1984 gaming vision

KAL2006

Banned
I've said it before I'll say it again, why does MS refrain from matching what the competition offers.I understand Kinect is their vision (though I think it is lame) and it costs a extra $100 to have it, so I am not going to say they should do the same as Sony. But why I havent they matched Sony with Instant Game Collection, priced Gold $10 lower to match PSN+ price, or even have OS features and apps not behind a paywall. There is no excuse for thse things. When Sony had shitty online, they tried to match MS, they added trophies to match achievements. But it seems MS hasn't bothered to match Sony at all. I know I will go with PS4, not only because of better first parties but because of the valuer of PSN+ by being cheaper, free games with Instant Game Collection and nothing anti consumer like putting Netflix behind a paywall even though you are paying for its sub already and it is free on every other device.

You could say some of their decisions with their games haven't been so smart either. People at Double Helix have said the whole F2P-esque thing going on with Killer Instinct was Microsoft's idea.

I do think they are offering some solid launch stuff like Forza and Dead Rising but as for KI, they should of just offered everything for a $20 download instead of fragmenting it to fuck.

FINALBOSS

Banned
There is literally nothing MS could do or say to satisfy some of you. It's a shame really. Even if you're the biggest Sony or Nintendo fan you should want tough competition.

I'd say the vast majority of us who are getting a PS4 don't want the Xbone to fail. Not sure how you ever reached that conclusion.

bakedpony

Since MS did moneyhat 3rd party exclusives, they probably thought,

"Gamers would buy our console since we have game x and game y as exclusives! They would look past all the DRM shit! They like to make noises on the internet but they'll buy the console anyway!"

Then the pre-order numbers came.

"Shit we were wrong! Quick let's do a 180 and show that we care for the gamers! We can always bring our policies back later'.

If they're sorry they should at least pack in a game for people who are supporting them at launch in the US like me. I feel like I'm getting shit on over here. 500 bucks at launch and they're not even selling at a loss, EU gets a game, and I gotta renew my gold membership just to get anything out of the system.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Could you even imagine what a shitstorm they would be in right now without the 180°. The shutdown of GFWL would have been a way bigger deal with the looming DRM.

Without the 180, Xbox brand would have been WindowsPhone'd.

The main problem is that Microsoft thought that reveal was more than good enough. I'm naturally pessimistic about a lot of things but nothing prepared me for how bad that was.

Yeah, and I will never understand why. I mean, what were they thinking? When you are revealing a new game system and your main attraction is watching TV on your TV... sheesh how much coke have you had?

hwy_61

Banned
I'd say the vast majority of us who are getting a PS4 don't want the Xbone to fail. Not sure how you ever reached that conclusion.

Haha, seriously? The comments on these threads almost lavish at the possibility.

No, I'm not a fanboy, I'm getting both systems :p

Amir0x

Banned
Holy shit.

Virus or not, you guys take this way too seriously.

It's not about taking it too seriously or not, it's about laying ones card on the table and being upfront about motivations. If you come in to trollpost a topic by saying "OH LOOK MS HATER VIRUS IS SPREADING", one is logically going to look at why that person would say that, and ask them to expand on their point (like I did by asking why he feels the criticism is unwarranted).

If you don't think that type of back-and-forth is necessary on a discussion forum, I don't know what to say.

I mean I'm sure there's a crazy influx of new members since the new consoles are hyping up everyone...but the vast majority of posts crazy positive about the Xbone are juniors. Not saying that immediately makes someone suspect...but it is...suspect, lol.
There are a crazy amount of juniors crazy positive about the PS4 too. New members can be fanboys too.

Iacobellis

MS looks very pathetic, stop looking for pitty already.

How about being really Sorry and make it
399.99?, better yet 299.99.

You are MS a company with endless wealth,
not 1 xbox one has to sell and MS will be wealthy forever still. That cant be said for Nintendo.

Sometimes I wonder why did MS come to gaming consoles, clearly not money. They dont need to sell buildings and stuff like that like Sony to make money.

They jumped in to dethrone Sony.

AOC83

Banned
Don´t be sorry.
Just be a valuable addition to console gaming again. It´s not the Xbone alone, the last 4 years on the 360 have been horrendous too.

Nibiru

Banned

It was the bucking of public outcry and the nonsense about all of the features not being about DRM. Spinning that DRM is just them trying to evolve gaming haha!

I get the feeling that people seem to think the anti-drm movement was just about MS hate when if these folks had a clue they would know that D3 got just as much hate and Simcity got so much more and they have nothing to do with MS.

Gamers HATE drm and no matter how much spin you put on it it's still a turd. MS didn't care about backlash and mocked us telling us to get a 360 if we have problems. It took bad sales to change their minds so yes too little too late cya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom