• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Is So Sorry About How It's Treated Xbox One Fans So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wynnebeck

Banned
A Xbox thread thread title fitting for Neogaf. Fanboyism is fucking this forum up for those that wish to read about the Xbox.

The thread whining and persecution complex is just as bad. All the people complaining about some GAF-hivemind shitting on Xbone must have not remembered what happened when PS3 first came out.

Barzul

They sold out??? Phil Spencer was saying you'll find consoles readily available on launch day in stores without preorders.
Pre-orders are sold out. They want consoles available at walk ins to encourage impulse buys. I believe Sony is doing something similar.

A Xbox thread thread title fitting for Neogaf. Fanboyism is fucking this forum up for those that wish to read about the Xbox.

Is it really considered fanboyism? I know Gaf loves Sony but you need to realize when PR talk is nothing but bullshit. I'm not going to buy a console just because a company says sorry. They apologized cause they're gaming division is ready to go down the toilet.

How kind of you, MS. I'm glad you are sorry for the amount of dickmoves you tried to put on us, but that doesn't change the fact that you lost any trust I had in your console and your company itself.

Amir0x

Banned
MS biggest advantage, is they were not stubborn enough to release the console in said state. GAF might not forget, but I think the mainstream will once people actually get their hands on the thing.

Oh I agree, the fact that they changed those negative features will ultimately salvage the Xbox One and prevent it from being an outright failure. I do think however that thanks to this rocky start and the price, that the system will easily fail to do the numbers 360 did by the end of the gen (or rather in a comparable timeframe of five years)

I pretty much try to avoid threads like this, console warz is pretty much why I stopped posting on the gaming side as much.

maybe you just need to try harder? because a thread about major 180 touring with his tail between his legs is almost guaranteed to go where this one has (&, many would say, very deservedly so)...

i mean, think about it: no 'apology tour', no thread, right?...

harSon

Banned
Oh I agree, the fact that they changed those negative features will ultimately salvage the Xbox One and prevent it from being an outright failure. I do think however that thanks to this rocky start and the price, that the system will easily fail to do the numbers 360 did by the end of the gen (or rather in a comparable timeframe of five years)

I disagree. Unlike the Playstation 3, the Xbox One doesn't have to go up against two well selling consoles.

Thank you!

From the last page, official MS PR from 3 days ago:

As a result of this incredible consumer demand and the development progress on Xbox One, I am thrilled to share that today we are making available a limited number of additional Xbox One Day One consoles for pre-order. We have coordinated with our retail partners to make it easy for you to reserve your Xbox One today.

kitch9

Banned
Hyperbole much? Sold out pre-orders in almost every major chain flies in the face of what you wrote. Ever think they are doing an apology tour simply because they want to change the opinions some people have.

I'm sorry how silly of me.

Touring the country "to address all the concerns" with their new product should be an indicator of how well things are doing.

I'm such a retard!

todd44890

Banned
Pre-orders are sold out. They want consoles available at walk ins to encourage impulse buys. I believe Sony is doing something similar.

Sony is doing something similar but when they do it, its a smart move lol. ps4 preorders arent even sold out. they have quite a few at Wal-Mart, and so does xbox one.

Yawnier

Banned
The thread whining and persecution complex is just as bad. All the people complaining about some GAF-hivemind shitting on Xbone must have not remembered what happened when PS3 first came out.

Uh huh, if you as a corporation try to pull crap on gamers and consumers, people on GAF will call you, your corporation and it's product bullshit out on it.

Touring the country "to address all the concerns" with their new product should be an indicator of how well things are doing.

I'm such a retard!

I have a weird picture in my head of Major Nelson saluting veterans and kissing babies, as he tries to win our hearts and minds.

Barzul

Nah this thread in particular is not the issue and majority of the Xbox bashing comments are appropriate. It's threads about games which have little if anything to incite console warz that some people (and it's usually the same ones) try to insert it into the topic and the thread gets derailed.

derFeef

I for one am glad they fixed a lot of their problems, and now try to get the word across. No idea what's so bad about it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I disagree. Unlike the Playstation 3, the Xbox One doesn't have to go up against two well selling consoles.

Do you mean that positively or negatively for MS? As I just said, the biggest risk for MS IMO is Sony creating so much momentum out of the blocks that it just becomes the box to own, and by the time the mass market starts to adopt, nobody wants Xbox anymore

Amir0x

Banned

Well we won't know until five years from now, but Xbox One is easily going to perform worse throughout Europe, it will remain not competitive in Asia, and I can't imagine a scenario where it equals what 360 did in North America with a significantly higher price and no year head start over PS3.

But, obviously, until the years go by, we'll have to leave it as a prediction we'll return to.

Barzul

I'm such a retard!
Call yourself whatever you want, I said nothing of the sort. My point still stands MS can have a product that is doing exceedingly well with preorders and sales and still want to win over gamers they lost by doing these tours. It won't happen overnight, obviously.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Nah this thread in particular is not the issue and majority of the Xbox bashing comments are appropriate. It's threads about games which have little if anything to incite console warz that some people (and it's usually the same ones) try to insert it into the topic and the thread gets derailed.

I'm not condoning shitting up a thread just because. I'm referring to everyone getting angry that there is so much negativity surrounding Xbone when MS did it to themselves and letting people how they know in any Xbox related thread.

derFeef

It doesn't take long for people to forget the terrible restrictions MS were ready to force on us only 3 months ago, does it.

Everytime I pop in a disc I am going to get mad angry and shake my fist, screaming towards the heaven "Oh Microsoft, your evil, terrible plans from 9 months ago, I will never forget those!"

And start playing videogames.

kitch9

Banned
Call yourself whatever you want, I said nothing of the sort. My point still stands MS can have a product that is doing exceedingly well with preorders and sales and still want to win over gamers they lost by doing these tours. It won't happen overnight, obviously.

Pssst, if pre-orders were poor MS wouldn't tell us. I know they've got this new found honesty thing going on, but that, nah, they wouldn't tell us that.

There's been lots of polls on the net, I have seen nothing to suggest that this will be MS's biggest launch ever.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

It is an odd turn of events. As someone who went into the start of last generation excited for the PS3 let me say...you get used to it. Sony was arrogant and the price was too damn high. Made for checking forums and reading news on most sites being frustrating as all hell.

Krakn3Dfx

Are they sorry for Vista?

Where is my Windows Vista Apology Tour?

Is he going to wear the hat from E3 when he apologizes?

statham

Everytime I pop in a disc I am going to get mad angry and shake my fist, screaming towards the heaven "Oh Microsoft, your evil, terrible plans from 9 months ago, I will never forget those!"

And start playing videogames.

every time I have to pop in a disc, I'm going to scream goddamn it microsoft.

derFeef

That they had the problems in the first place maybe?

So let's focus on the future that could have been, instead of the future that will be? I know I am maybe a bit naive about that and try to see positives wherever possible, but I don't get the "but they had those plans that now are obsolet" argument at all.

every time I have to pop in a disc, I'm going to scream goddamn it microsoft.

Well I will try to avoid discs anyway, so ;)

kitch9

Banned
It is an odd turn of events. As someone who went into the start of last generation excited for the PS3 let me say...you get used to it. Sony was arrogant and the price was too damn high. Made for checking forums and reading news on most sites being frustrating as all hell.

Yes, but the people complaining are their potential customers....

"Look, at Xbox, we really care about the community," Hryb replied when asked point-blank how Microsoft would win back consumers. "We're very focused on what is right for gamers. Everybody at Xbox is a gamer. It's not like we just show up, do our work and go home. We want to make this the best game system that you are going to own for the next 10 years."

Not until you release a version without Kinect for $349 you don't.

KoopaTheCasual

Pssst, if pre-orders were poor MS wouldn't tell us. I know they've got this new found honesty thing going on, but that, nah, they wouldn't tell us that.

There's been lots of polls on the net, I have seen nothing to suggest that this will be MS's biggest launch ever.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Actually, that's not hard at all for MS, considering how poorly the OG Xbox sold, and how tight launch supply was for the 360. This console launch should easily be their biggest. However, comparatively, it will probably get stomped globally by the PS4. Next year is the real battle. This holiday is already a foregone conclusion.

They shouldn't be sorry.

The so called "fans" should be sorry for acting like immature kids.

Microsoft should demand an apology.

I can't believe you honestly sat there and typed that, but from the other crazy posts I've seen from you, I'm not even remotely surprised.

That brings up another issue altogether, those who carry around this stuff from generation to generation instead of having a fresh start with an open mind.

my exact thoughts, but you know as others say, persecution complex. it's getting tiresome for me to enter and read any XB1 thread, good or bad news.

Gori

I keep reading this thread title as:
"Microsoft Is So Sony About How It's Treated Xbox One Fans So Far"

Which doesn't make sense, I know. :(

I was never gonna buy a xbone so this whole ride had been interesting

I was kinda upset when Microsoft's money hats made some dlc first to 360, and delayed to PC, but I don't know if thats true at all.

Derrick01

Banned
Good thing I buy my consoles based on games and not drama/politics. Xbox One day one for me.

So do I and I didn't forget their history of dropping support for gamers. That's mostly why I'm not getting one for a long time, not the policies. I like to look at the long term picture when I'm buying consoles since there hasn't been a launch game that I could say was still great by the end of that generation since Mario 64.

I now have major trust issues with Microsoft these days. I just can't believe anything they say with immediately think BS.

Yet when I hear Sony from the likes of Jack or Yoshida I get a warm fuzzy feeling I always had associated with gaming. Personally I hope MS go the way of the dodo with regards to consoles and just go back to making games. I don't think we need more than one gaming console in the market. It just split the groups of friends I would be able to play with.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
It's not politics. It's facts. They are charging more for a technically inferior piece of hardware with a required accessory and introduced it to us all as s revolutionary way to make watching TV easier. Not to mention, they started out with some pretty anti-consumer anti-privacy measures that were rumored for months and despite people saying they didn't want any of that, they dismissed those people and did it anyway. Fuck. Them.

Anhkow

They shouldn't be sorry.

The so called "fans" should be sorry for acting like immature kids.

Microsoft should demand an apology.

UXSwVlX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom