• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios – Current projects list (August 2015 – Gamescom)

Gamescom 2015 Edition

First-party studios:
•343 Industries – Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One) / Halo: The Master Chief Collection updates (Xbox One) / Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One/PC)
•Big Park – Entertainment and sports apps (Xbox One)
•Decisive Games – Unannounced strategy game
•[Fun]ction Studios – Hololens development
•Good Science Studio – Hololens development
•Lift London – Hololens development
•Lionhead Studios – Fable Legends (Xbox One/PC) / New IP
•LXP – Hololens development
•Mojang – Minecraft (PC/Mobile/Hololens)
•Press Play – Unannounced new project
•Rare – Sea of Thieves (Xbox One/PC) / RareReplay (Xbox One)
•Team Dakota – Project Spark (Xbox One/PC)
•The Coalition – Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) / Gears of War Ultimate Edition (Xbox One/PC)
•Twisted Pixel – “AAA” game
•Turn10 – Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One)

Second party studios (publishing relationships or contract work):
•4J Studios – Minecraft: Xbox Edition DLC (Xbox One/Xbox 360) / Rare Replay (Xbox One)
•Armature Studios – ReCore (Xbox One)
•Cloudgine – Crackdown 3 (Xbox One)
•Code Mystics – Rare Replay (Xbox One)
•Comcept – ReCore (Xbox One)
•Fatshark – Cobalt (Xbox One/Xbox 360)
•Harmonix Music Systems – Dance Central: Spotlight DLC (Xbox One)
•Iron Galaxy – Killer Instinct: Season Three (Xbox One/PC)
•Moon Studios – Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition [DLC Expansion] (Xbox One/PC)
•Motiga – Gigantic (Xbox One/PC)
•Oxeye Games – Cobalt (Xbox One/Xbox 360/PC)
•Platinum Games – Scalebound (Xbox One)
•Playground Games – Forza Horizon 2 DLC (Xbox One)
•ReAgent Games – Crackdown 3 (Xbox One)
•Remedy Entertainment – Quantum Break (Xbox One)
•Saber Interactive – Halo Online (PC)
•Splash Damage – Gears of War Ultimate Edition (Xbox One/PC)
•Undead Labs – State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition (Xbox One/PC) / Unannounced project
•Sumo Digital – Crackdown 3 (Xbox One)
•Vanguard Games – Halo: Spartan Strike (PC/mobile)
•Wargaming.net – World of Tanks: Xbox Edition (Xbox 360/Xbox One)

Third-party relationships (exclusives games that are third-party publisher titles):
•Creative Assembly [Sega] – Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One/PC)
•Crystal Dynamics [Square Enix] – Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One/Xbox 360)

Recent publishing or third-partnerships partnerships with no announced active exclusive project:
•Certain Affinity – Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One)
•Frontier Developments – Screamride (Xbox One/Xbox 360)
•Harmonix Music Systems [Disney Interactive] – Fantasia: Music Evolved DLC (Xbox One/Xbox 360)
•Insomniac Games – Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
•Ruffian Games – Halo The Master Chief Collection: Halo 3 / Halo 4/Halo 3 ODST (Xbox One)

Other information/hints:
•Contract partners: •One Bit Labs – “Top Secret” on Xbox One box art under current work (Not updated post-Gamescom as yet)
•Skybox Labs – Unannounced Xbox One project (Not updated post-Gamescom as yet)

•Lift London •Hololens development

•New studios: •Decisive Games •“AAA title within an established and well-loved strategy game franchise”
•Games for Windows and Xbox

•Platform Next Studios – Hololens

•Phantom Dust – Currently without a developer but not cancelled
•Team Dakota – Incubation team for their next project

Rumours/Speculation:
•Rare Replay DLC?

JordanKZ

Decisive Games – Unannounced strategy game

enhanced-buzz-10527-1389900392-13.jpg

GIVE. GIIIVE...

Who is Decisive Games?
New internal studio working on a "beloved Strategy title" for XB1/Win10. Job posting:

"Senior Software Engineer
Sizzle + VP: Be part of Microsoft Game Studios, and help us create the next-generation of awesome games for Windows and Xbox!

Team: The Decisive Games team is focused on world class strategy game development, and is building a studio that will bring the next installment in a beloved strategy game franchise to the next generation of gamers around the world. This is a highly-collaborative, agile team, with a play-centric approach to game development.

And yes, it could just be the name of the MS side of the team for Halo Wars 2

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Nevermind, I am blind.

Heigic

Someone should tell Microsoft that that the strategy genre died in the 10 years they abandoned the PC. I'm not complaining though.

Rosur

New internal studio working on a "beloved Strategy title" for XB1/Win10. Job posting:

"Senior Software Engineer
Sizzle + VP: Be part of Microsoft Game Studios, and help us create the next-generation of awesome games for Windows and Xbox!

Team: The Decisive Games team is focused on world class strategy game development, and is building a studio that will bring the next installment in a beloved strategy game franchise to the next generation of gamers around the world. This is a highly-collaborative, agile team, with a play-centric approach to game development.

And yes, it could just be the name of the MS side of the team for Halo Wars 2

Yea expecting it to be Halo Wars 2. Though would be cool if their reviving Age of Empires.

Alx

That's a lot of Hololens support. Which is cool, but I wouldn't mind if they also had one or two teams on pure kinect content. :(

And Team Dakota is also hiring for a project unrelated to Project Spark, I think.

Noobcraft

I think Playground games is well beyond Forza Horizon 2 DLC at this point. Their twitter implies they're working on new stuff.

Aceofspades

Banned
This is the first time I have seen a list with already released games and DLC included as seperate projects, filter those and you have one underwhelming list of games.

Someone should tell Microsoft that that the strategy genre died in the 10 years they abandoned the PC. I'm not complaining though.

RTS games are the quintessential PC-first games. If anyone on the planet has a vested interest in cultivating a platform-specific genre for a platform with a KB+mouse it will be MS. Maybe it won't be the heyday of RTS games like it was 15 years ago but there's a market there for sure.

MightyKAC

•Moon Studios – Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition [DLC Expansion] (Xbox One/PC)

Huh, never new this was announced before and here I was thinking about buying it on steam...

Looks like I hold off for a bit.

dr_rus

They're trying to bring them on consoles though which didn't happen earlier. I'm not holding my breath though. HW2 will sell whatever it will sell only because it'll be a Halo game.

There are 15 first party studios right there in that list.

Like, right up the page.

In terms of just plain Dev studios I think he's right though. So many haven't shipped a game yet or are on hololens, I had been tempted to take the hololens studios off but I decided not to for now

Thanks for linking to my site btw lighthouse!

Trago

Unannounced strategy title? Please be Age of Empires.

Also, I'm gonna guess that Twisted Pixel's new AAA game is a 3d platformer of some kind. Splosion Man 3D?

Unannounced strategy title? Please be Age of Empires.

Also, I'm gonna guess that Twisted Pixel's new AAA game is a 3d platformer of some kind. Splosion Man 3D?

Age of Empires is the most likely candidate now that we know that Creative Assembly is doing Halo Wars. Either that or Rise of Nations, though that might fail the "franchise" qualification from the original announcement.

deadman69

RTS games are the quintessential PC-first games. If anyone on the planet has a vested interest in cultivating a platform-specific genre for a platform with a KB+mouse it will be MS. Maybe it won't be the heyday of RTS games like it was 15 years ago but there's a market there for sure.

nah rts's are a controller thing now.

Top Bottom