• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft wants to be the "Netflix of Gaming"

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I stand by everything I said and I am far from a casual, shooters is primarily what I play and know about going back to Halo CE and R6:3BA so I certainly don''t need to lectured on what a good shooter is and what it is supposed to feel like. The fact your imagination is leading you to this grand delusion is something you will have to address yourself.

TLOU couldn't hold a candle to a majority of 3rd person shooters when it comes to the core mechanics and gameplay loop. The fact that is one of the only Sony titles that according to you is great, doesn't automatically make it so in the that particular genre. And as I said if it was that great it would have made more noise to begin with and grew in popularity instead it is liked by a small minority that had a whole PS3 population at the end of the generation yet it could latch on to it.

Stop trying to big it up as some sort of masterpiece that some how proves Sony could easily start spiting out MP games, but they just don't want to out of their kindness towards MS so go kick rocks somewhere else as I am sure Sony needs protecting in some other thread.

You literally got exposed for your pure ignorance regarding this title. You can't even elaborate beyond the saying something so generic. This is generally what people do when they have either haven't played the game or even barely played it at all.

Majority third person shooters don't even have good controls or they lack depth compared to Last of Us. You're just trying to claim that the mechanics are proof with literally no proof at all. It's just from a fanboy perspective. People who actually PLAY it can tell you differently.

Controls\Movement
Shooting mechanics
Balance

Based on your false claims, you think this is either mediocre or bad in general. If I asked you to explain in depth why these are bad, you would struggle to do it. You will probably try to expand on the "poor shooting mechanics" and how the "hit detection" is bad. Well, you can literally look online and fine videos of most shooters online regarding this topic and shooting is not perfect when it comes to online shooters.

Yes, you literally don't know what you're talking about. You called TLOU's multiplayer "slapped on" which people often say when a multiplayer was an afterthought.

tryDEATH

You literally got exposed for your pure ignorance regarding this title. You can't even elaborate beyond the saying something so generic. This is generally what people do when they have either haven't played the game or even barely played it at all.

Majority third person shooters don't even have good controls or they lack depth compared to Last of Us. You're just trying to claim that the mechanics are proof with literally no proof at all. It's just from a fanboy perspective. People who actually PLAY it can tell you differently.

Controls\Movement
Shooting mechanics
Balance

Based on your false claims, you think this is either mediocre or bad in general. If I asked you to explain in depth why these are bad, you would struggle to do it. You will probably try to expand on the "poor shooting mechanics" and how the "hit detection" is bad. Well, you can literally look online and fine videos of most shooters online regarding this topic and shooting is not perfect when it comes to online shooters.

Yes, you literally don't know what you're talking about. You called TLOU's multiplayer "slapped on" which people often say when a multiplayer was an afterthought.

Totally got exposed for playing a game and finding their gameplay and gameplay loop average compared to other titles in that genre. Keep up the grand delusion. :messenger_ok:

I am done with this matter until Sony actually releases a proper MP PvP oriented game that garners a following and success.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Totally got exposed for playing a game and finding their gameplay and gameplay loop average compared to other titles in that genre. Keep up the grand delusion. :messenger_ok:

I am done with this matter until Sony actually releases a proper MP PvP oriented game that garners a following and success.

You called it slapped on and then tried to use Twitch views to gauge a quality of a game.

Yes, you don't know what you're talking about you've been done a long time ago.

I know. In fact, the reason why Microsoft entered the videogame business is stopping Sony from being present in every home not only through gaming devices but software as well. And that is also the reason why Sony has not given up on xperia yet. They are waiting to sort out their own ecosystem (entertainment contents plus multiple hardware) so their mobile division may be part of it.
Kodera has already given hints on this.

What a criminal act - competing in the marketplace.

I'd say they're close. Wanted to play Street Fighter for the first time since SNES. Find SF4Arcade and proceed to get smashed online like a noob. Good times.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I know. In fact, the reason why Microsoft entered the videogame business is stopping Sony from being present in every home not only through gaming devices but software as well. And that is also the reason why Sony has not given up on xperia yet. They are waiting to sort out their own ecosystem (entertainment contents plus multiple hardware) so their mobile division may be part of it.
Kodera has already given hints on this.
Xperia is dead, nobody buys Sony smartphones. The market has spoken,m and the fact that people will either buy Apple, Samsung or Chinese with much nicer designs means that Sony has no chance in that market. They’ve been completely forgotten, would be smarter for them to just make their app and release it on everything than focus on the dying Xperia brand.

sn0man

I totally disagree. Look at what Microsoft has done with Minecraft; they didn't pull it off of other platforms but rather worked Xbox Live membership into them. When you play Minecraft on Switch, you log in with your Microsoft account.

It is inevitable that Microsoft will move to streaming on mobile and competing consoles; it's really just a question of if Sony and Nintendo will allow it. Microsoft would love for everyone on any device to be a Microsoft customer. Subscription revenue is their entire focus as a company, and as Microsoft 365 rolls out, that'll hold true for literally everything from gaming to the OS and beyond.

Indeed. Azure. Windows licensing. The funny thing to me is that MS has this long history of making good hardware. Their mice and keyboards have always been above average. The surface and the Xbox controllers. They have some very passionate hardware designers there. I wonder if the xcloud goes to Sony and Nintendo, do they give up on consoles? I think they love consoles too much to give up on it.

Again, this isnt true. Gamers are so out of touch with how basic business principals work. This post just solidifies that.

10's of million of potential gamers can be obtained without needing to put your service or games on your competitors platform. There are other ways (Xcloud streaming will show this in the near future) to accomplish this. A big corporation like Microsoft doesnt need to act in desperation by attempting to plug into Sony and Nintendo's fanbase in that manner. There are other ways - what you're suggesting isnt it.

I think you might be missing something. Why settle for 10s if millions when they can have the hundred million + dedicated console market? Why settle for that when every year over a hundred million phones are sold. As the poster I quoted above stated, MS plays on iOS to get more subs. Why would games be any different?

Last edited:
sn0man - good point about how MS sees the streaming thing. While Sony/Nintendo keep chasing the old model - console units sold, Microsoft sees the potential to sell 100 million Game Pass Cloud subscriptions to PC, XBox, iOS, Android users. Imagine at $20/month that comes to $24 billion revenue annually. Not saying they'll get to that # right away but it's a very lucrative business by itself, not including stand alone console sales and other things. These are the kind of analyses the SLT(senior leadership team) do. You think & more important have VISION about the next business model before the competition.

The one fly in the ointment could be Apple doesn't allow Game Pass on iOS for competitive reasons. I mean think about the day Game Pass arrives on iOS devices. It immediately makes everything else gaming-wise on iOS look terrible. Is that what Apple wants?

This is another reason why Microsoft not having their own mobile platform is a dangerous thing. It means Apple/Google could potentially sabotage this like Windows Phone was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom