• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Microsoft/Xbox in talk to bring back NBC's Heroes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mernst23

Here's a better use of money that will make people buy Xbox Live. Make it fucking free instead of wasting money on this absolutely shit brained idea.

Sec0nd

Noooooooo! Even though I enjoyed Heroes, the last season is the worst television I've ever seen. Let it stay dead.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oh god, first always online and shitty kinect, now they want to continue hurting their fanbase with more Heroes?

Fucking monsters man I tell ya.

until he ended up switching sides every other episode.

Yeah once it got to season 3 and he was changing sides almost every other episode it was unbearable. They should just keep the name of the show and have all new writers and actors. A show about superpowered people could be great, and I think it would go over well with how popular everything involving superheroes is now. I would probably even ditch the cameos, and just have it take place in a different time, or place from the original series.

Loxley

This show was one of the biggest casualties of the WGA strike. The second season faltered as a result of it (like damn near every show did that year) and was never able to recover :( This was on top of the fact that they never ended up sticking to their initial claim that they wouldn't shy away from infrequently killing off major characters and introducing new ones, like super hero comics do. So disappointing.

spwolf

basically, this is their plan... not cable tv subscription.

Netflix has been doing this with House of Cards.

Original show that gets you to subscribe to their "service".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wasn't it the writer's strike that killed the writing and momentum of the show? Or am I remembering that wrong?

The first season of Heroes is up there with Firefly, 98% of BSG, and other great sci-fi shows.

The second season was.....okay. And then it got really bad after that!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why not just make an original show? As if the Heroes name is worth a damn anyway. The show was terrible outside of scattered episodes here and there. Yes, Season 1 sucked too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The first season was alright. Everything after that was awful. I'm still not sure how they got away with that throat slitting scene at the end of Season 3 on broadcast TV.

ivysaur12

Banned
Wasn't it the writer's strike that killed the writing and momentum of the show? Or am I remembering that wrong?

The first season of Heroes is up there with Firefly, 98% of BSG, and other great sci-fi shows.

The second season was.....okay. And then it got really bad after that!

The first season was a very fun, potentially great character show. It was the writers' strike and the plan for the series to be an anthology. Serialized dramas are hard.

On this news, it makes sense, even though I certainly won't be watching.

OnPoint

Oh God. No. Please no. I finished the original series. And it was so tough to do.

If they have to do it, if they ABSOLUTELY have to, please reset all the power levels somehow for any returning characters in episode 1 and KEEP THINGS CONSISTENT. I.E. If you give a character time-stopping powers, there's no way the bad guy gets away in the end of season 1, right? C'mon now. Best to avoid that type of scenario entirely. Give the characters powers that aren't overly powerful and can be used in combination to tackle a stronger threat.

Also, make sure there is some sort of goal driving the action and the characters motivations forward. That show had more downtime than anything. Sock-stealing idiot characters.

Because they'll read this post. Right?

Why not just make an original show? As if the Heroes name is worth a damn anyway. The show was terrible outside of scattered episodes here and there. Yes, Season 1 sucked too.

The rationale around it probably went something like: "Superheroes are so hot right now! What's that? There's already a developed property out there? Let's buy that."

P.S. NO TIME TRAVEL OR PRECOGNITION POWERS!

DieH@rd

Banned
Dont. Please dont. That show started excellent, and then it crashed down beyond the pits of hell. It needs to stay dead.

Give money to Drew Goddard to revive Firefly, or fund new Farscape with Scorpius, or give us some new SF/fantasy show. For fuck sake, someone needs to get money for Hyperion TV mini-series. Somebody please!

Bring back 24 instead

iKfn88o1hc0hp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom