• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

lucius

I plan to pre-order on PS4 since I have credit, but 20 hours sounds kind of short for this type game are there suppose to be a lot of side stuff to do?

I am trying to avoid reviews for spoilers.

FHIZ

Yikes, i hope this isn't actually 28 GB like the psn store currently says... My hard drive is already packed :(

Time to upgrade! I buy disc games and I still put a 1tb HDD in there, just to be safe.

Annnnnnd given that I just remembered every game installs no matter what, I guess that doesn't matter that I buy disc games. Regardless, 500gb is shiiit! And if you've already upgraded, well then, damn, you play some games.

elf_boobs

Neo Member
Has my PS4 for about three weeks now, and have only had FEZ and P.T. to play so far,,,I am looking forward to this. So many promising games between now and Christmas.

DrBo42

Guess I should watch the hobbit tomorrow in preparation.

2x06-Afternoon-Delight-Animated-gif-Michael-What-No-no-no-no-arrested-development-7915781-300-167.gif

Wallach

DrBo42

Is the second image a different character skin? For some reason I really dislike how one of his arms is bare and the other isn't in his default look, whereas this one seems to be a slightly different outfit.

The tattered one is after he dies at the beginning. They're doing the Batman model progression.

Is the second image a different character skin? For some reason I really dislike how one of his arms is bare and the other isn't in his default look, whereas this one seems to be a slightly different outfit.

You should check again.

Edit: thought you said the second pick has bare arms.

are there any dlc story missions for preorder bonuses and what not, besides the sony exclusive stuff. I think the answer is no, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything

DrBo42

Ah okay. So is the only other character skin usable during normal gameplay (that we know about) the "dark ranger" one?

They've hinted at "multiple skins" but other than the Dark Ranger we don't know what they are.

Edit: Guess Gamestop gets one too. *Shrug*

Awesome, thanks.

Someone has to be the voice of reason. The Hobbit films are not good.

that's weird mine hasn't started yet.

Restart Steam?

DrBo42

I liked the first one a lot. The second one, not so much. Funny enough, the second one got way more overall praise that the first one.

I like the slow parts of the first one. Feel like they both fall apart when the action starts. Second one is definitely worse.

Krakn3Dfx

Pretty sure GMG doesn't send out codes until sometime the day of release. The prices are the best part of GMG, but the waiting for the codes and having to download on launch day is the worst.

I've pre-ordered probably 2 dozen games from GMG, and except for maybe 2-3, they have always sent out the keys 2-3 days in advance, so this is almost completely inaccurate.

joecanada

I liked the first one a lot. The second one, not so much. Funny enough, the second one got way more overall praise that the first one.

The only way the second one could get overall praise is if a bunch of people wanting to watch a 3 star action flick accidentally watched it and then loved it. You don't take the greatest fantasy novel ever written and then turn it into a farcical action flick with horrible romance scenes just thrown in
.. I fucking new Peter Jackson would eventually think he was smarter than Tolkien but I'm somewhat satisfied he got through TLOR first... They were pretty good.

MacBosse

Bought it on X1. I'm not worried. But if it has tearing I'm going to go insane.

The nemesis system sounds so cool.

Fake edit: Come to think of it I really don't think Monolith/WB should be allowed to have the X1 version in shadows like this. It's not ool for the customers to not be able to tell when they preorder that the product is good/ok/whatever. Yes I know this is common practise but I don't think its customer friendly AT ALL.

I've pre-ordered probably 2 dozen games from GMG, and except for maybe 2-3, they have always sent out the keys 2-3 days in advance, so this is almost completely inaccurate.

I've bought many things from them and 2-3 days ahead is the earliest I've ever seen. Often it's been not until the game could be purchased on steam already.

They're at the mercy of the publishers for providing their keys, unfortunately.

I've bought many things from them and 2-3 days ahead is the earliest I've ever seen. Often it's been not until the game could be purchased on steam already.

They're at the mercy of the publishers for providing their keys, unfortunately.

They've been pretty good about at least a day before in my experience.

Top Bottom