• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Gunvolt (Mighty No 9 x Gunvolt x Galgun; 3DS DL) leaked in Famitsu magazine

L~A

Edit 2 :

Good news for NA (and EU) folks:

: happy to announce anyone who buys Gunvolt (in 1st 3 mnths) will also get the 8-bit NES-style retro-demake 3DS romp #MightyGunvolt, free! :

From official Twitter account.

Edit: pics and trailers @ Inside-Games!

According to Aena, game is free if you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt on the eShop. Before 19 November. Out now.

There's a website for it too now: http://gunvolt.com/mighty/index.html

Actually, I think it's available right now for people who buy Gunvolt. The misunderstanding is that it's not being released as a stand alone product until later in Winter, while anyone who buys Gunvolt from now until Nov 19 can redeem it for free as an early bonus. Those who want just Mighty Gunvolt itself will have to wait.

And yes, it looks like Mighty Gunvolt will get DLC later on. Maybe more characters?

Apparently, Famitsu magazine got a little surprise for us in its latest issue... a game called Mighty Gunvolt.

インティ・クリエイツより3DSダウンロード専用ソフト『マイティガンヴォルト』が配信決定。配信日や価格は未定です。本作は、インティ・クリエイツの3DS用DLソフト『蒼き雷霆ガンヴォルト』と、アルケミストのPS3/Xbox360用ソフト『ぎゃる☆がん』、そしてComceptとインティ・クリエイツが開発中の『Mighty No.9』がコラボレーションしたアクションゲーム。

『蒼き雷霆ガンヴォルト』が80年代風のグラフィックとゲーム内容になって登場。ガンヴォルトや見習い天使のえころ、ベックがプレイアブルキャラクターとして選択できるとのことです。

While details are scant for the time being, the report indicates that this is a downloadable title for the 3DS, and that Azure Striker Gunvolt content will appear in an ’80s style graphic design.

As far as playable characters go, you’ll be able to play as Azure Striker Gunvolt protagonist Gunvolt, Ekoro the apprentice angel from Galgun, and Mighty No. 9 hero Beck.

Source (via Siliconera).

Actually saw the news when GJ published their article, but I had no idea what it was all about... I still don't, even now.

Goodness fuck, talk about putting all of your eggs into one basket. Mighty No. 9 hasn't even been released yet and they're already planning crossovers, TV shows, etc. Am I the only one who's a bit... soured by this?

Pyrrhus

You generally have to wait for the cow to be born before you can milk it. Does Inafune not remember why most people no longer give a shit about Mega Man?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mighty Gal Gunvolt?

I mean, I get Mighty #9 & Gunvolt, but Gal Gun? Yeah, Inti made that game as well, but that was an on-rails shooters. In any case, consider me interested.

We should get this in the US, right?

vareon

The game sounds wacky and fun, can't wait for screens.

Dunno what to think about M9, though. It just looks like somebody is trying really hard to manufacture its success before it had the chance to be one.

BTA

Where does Galgun even come into this? Like, the Might No. 9 and Gunvolt connection is beyond obvious, but... why Galgun? It just seems like a bizarre addition.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Where does Galgun even come into this? Like, the Might No. 9 and Gunvolt connection is beyond obvious, but... why Galgun? It just seems like a bizarre addition.

Galgun's an Inti Creates game, maybe the only one they've ever made that doesn't use someone else's IP/license.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, what if there's a mini-game based on Gal Gun & it's the females from M9 & Gunvolt?

I can only assume it's because it was the last game Inti Creates made that wasn't a licensed tie-in....plus I GUESS it'd make use of the fact if you were to press Select, the game would pause by switching to an 8-bit style game, to which they called (I kid you not) "Mom arrived screen". So maybe there was 8-bit versions of the angel (who is playable) & maybe the main females as well.

Pyrrhus

What's NSFW here?

I think it's the blushing prepubescent girls in bathing suits.

At any rate, it's clear at this point that it's not about preserving a style of play or feeding a loyal audience. Inafune is determined to get his off-brand Mega Man at Battle Network/Star Force levels of ennui as soon as humanly possible, even if it betrays the original promise of the game as a back to basics nostalgia trip.

Silky

Banned
Goodness fuck, talk about putting all of your eggs into one basket. Mighty No. 9 hasn't even been released yet and they're already planning crossovers, TV shows, etc. Am I the only one who's a bit... soured by this?

You should only feel soured if you backed MN9 imo. Remember DR2's huge marketing push?
All inafune right here.

Feeling less happy about backing MN9 with each new announcement.

hhehehehe

I love these kind of news, adding Galgun into the mix sounds amusing.

But I can't stop and not be a bit pessimistic about sales potential, I do wonder if these games will sell at all.

daydream

Banned
I can imagine a MN9 and Gunvolt crossover, but throwing friggin' Galgun into the mix? Colour me confused and possibly terrified.

BTA

At any rate, it's clear at this point that it's not about preserving a style of play or feeding a loyal audience. Inafune is determined to get his off-brand Mega Man at Battle Network/Star Force levels of ennui as soon as humanly possible, even if it betrays the original promise of the game as a back to basics nostalgia trip.

To twist this a little, I'd rather they make a Battle Network style game sooner rather than later, to be honest; I wouldn't see that as a problem.

But that's speaking as someone whose main experience with Mega Man is those games and the Zero series.

EDIT:

Pretty weird that 2 brand new franchises that haven't even come out yet are already getting crossovers

Gunvolt's out within the next day in Japan.

Oh wow if that goes like I think
hope
it will then technically all old Mega Man game styles could be revived under Mighty No. 9 and Gunvolt :eek:

Skilletor

Yeah, I couldn't care less what his point is if I'm going to be getting the gameplay I want. Which I am, so...yeah.

Looking forward to seeing a Beck sprite.

Tyler Ohlew ‏@tylerohlew 6m

Have I been had? @GunvoltGame implies Mighty Gunvolt isn't all it appears to be. Mysterious!
Expand

Gunvolt Official EN ‏@GunvoltGame 3m

Or maybe all hasnt appeared yet? RT @tylerohlew Have I been had? @GunvoltGame implies Mighty Gunvolt isn't all it appears to be. Mysterious!

lol

Top Bottom