• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Gunvolt (Mighty No 9 x Gunvolt x Galgun; 3DS DL) leaked in Famitsu magazine

SerTapTap

So we're going to shoot the gunvolt dude and take his clothes off? That's all I got out of the title.

Will be interested to see whatever "good news" comes in the next 24 hours. Also, considering the average quality of Mega Man games, I'm not too concerned about the series being "milked" with an entire TWO entries just yet. Mega Man games were like ever 2 years for a while and most were still great, even if some were clearly superior to others..

Pyrrhus

Yeah, I couldn't care less what his point is if I'm going to be getting the gameplay I want. Which I am, so...yeah.

Looking forward to seeing a Beck sprite.

Incautious brand management is why we went so long without Mega Man style gameplay in the first place. There is such absolutely such a thing as too much of a good thing, and more importantly, mixing a 100% concept with 25% concept does not equal a 125% product. All of these spin-offs with things that are probably not what a majority of the backers of MN9 are interested in do have negative effects on brand perception. You don't see Mario rolling around in the mud with bullshit like Neptunia, you know? The question is what is the perception and prestige of MN9 going to be in 5 years. I'm not saying everything is fucked at this point, I'm just saying the decisions being made with the brand are making me ask questions.

L~A

Another tweet.

A "leak" has fans excited, confused, hopeful, skeptical. To all we say: just wait 'til you have all the details. Oh just you wait... #soon

And the plot thickens. Personally, I'm convinced it's some sort of DLC

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Another tweet.

And the plot thickens. Personally, I'm convinced it's some sort of DLC
Yeah, at this rate, I'm going with DLC or unlockable bonuses. Perhaps we'll get some screenshots &/or a video when they officially reveal it.

Maebe

Goodness fuck, talk about putting all of your eggs into one basket. Mighty No. 9 hasn't even been released yet and they're already planning crossovers, TV shows, etc. Am I the only one who's a bit... soured by this?

I am as well. Gunvolt is the only one I'm interested in now, anyway.

Takao

Banned
Incautious brand management is why we went so long without Mega Man style gameplay in the first place. There is such absolutely such a thing as too much of a good thing, and more importantly, mixing a 100% concept with 25% concept does not equal a 125% product. All of these spin-offs with things that are probably not what a majority of the backers of MN9 are interested in do have negative effects on brand perception. You don't see Mario rolling around in the mud with bullshit like Neptunia, you know? The question is what is the perception and prestige of MN9 going to be in 5 years. I'm not saying everything is fucked at this point, I'm just saying the decisions being made with the brand are making me ask questions.

Given Inafune himself has been in those Neptunia games, I have to wonder how long it'll be until these Not-Mega Mans show up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I just find the crossovers kinda... fun, really? It's not like Beck, or even Megaman, is a character with a deep-seated story filled with very specific emotions and an image that has to be kept. They're both more like archetypical creations that serve to be a beacon of a certain personality and set of expectations.

Thus, I don't really mind seeing his image pop up. Inafune has his hand in all of these products to some degree, and he can cross-promote with his own works as much as he wants to. Probably feels great for him not needing to ask Capcom if he can do something he wishes to, y'know?

If this turns out to be some DLC that gets up Beck and that Galgun girl into spritework. then hey, works out for us! All I ever played of Galgun was the overly-lengthy demo on PSN (needed something to test an on-sale Move I found) and minus the "this is... errmmm..." ness about it, it wasn't as budget and entirely pervy as I expected. Reminded me of Virtua Cop-style "Shooting people, but without horrific violence"... in a round about way, it made me realize how much I missed playing Confidential Mission...

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am not sure why will people feel sour over these. It helps make mighty no.9 more popular

I am not sure why will people feel sour over these. It helps make mighty no.9 more popular
Popular to who? People into Gunvolt are probably interested in MN9 already so that leaves the Galgun audience and well somewhat perverted virtua cop does not seem like a good gateway into "I can't believe its not Mega Man 11".

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
To the people who have never heard of MN9/gunvolt before, but sees the artwork of the character on the eshop through this game/DLC while they are browsing around

Mighty No 9 x Gunvolt x...... Galgun? That's just... weird.
Guess we'll see what it actually is.

Goodness fuck, talk about putting all of your eggs into one basket. Mighty No. 9 hasn't even been released yet and they're already planning crossovers, TV shows, etc. Am I the only one who's a bit... soured by this?

It does feel awkward to hear stuff like this before Mighty No. 9 is even released.
I'm seeing more people get doubts about Mighty No. 9 lately.

I'm just going off Google translate, but I get the impression that Mighty Gunvolt is free with Gunvolt if you buy it before a certain date. That might not be entirely accurate though.

They did something similar with an 8bit version of ZX Advent too, that was pretty good. Although this looks even more like a Megaman clone than Gunvolt and Mighty Number 9

duckroll

According to Aena, game is free until Nov. 11 if you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt on the eShop.

Nov 19.

Edit: Should also note that the game isn't actually out now. It's coming later this year in Winter. It's a small 86 block game which is meant to be replayable with a scoring system. It'll be free if you buy Gunvolt before Nov 19, so maybe that's when it's due?

L~A

Yeah for the additional details.

I'm just going off Google translate, but I get the impression that Mighty Gunvolt is free with Gunvolt if you buy it before a certain date. That might not be entirely accurate though.

They did something similar with an 8bit version of ZX Advent too, that was pretty good. Although this looks even more like a Megaman clone than Gunvolt and Mighty Number 9

Yeah, Aena basically confirmed this. Messed up the date, actually.

Have to say, this is even better than the DLC thing I was thinking about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
According to Aena, game is free until Nov. 11 if you buy Azure Striker Gunvolt on the eShop.
Now I REALLY hope this comes to the US. Maybe this'll be the news we get tomorrow.

& yup, it's giving me vibes of that 8-bit mini-game from Mega Man ZX Advent.

Edit: Does "ダウンロードコンテンツ対応予定" translate to something among the lines of DLC being confirmed?

L~A

Now I REALLY hope this comes to the US. Maybe this'll be the news we get tomorrow.

& yup, it's giving me vibes of that 8-bit mini-game from Mega Man ZX Advent.

I'd be really surprised if it didn't. Oh, and it IS tomorrow's news ;)

duckroll

There's a website for it too now: http://gunvolt.com/mighty/index.html

Actually, I think it's available right now for people who buy Gunvolt. The misunderstanding is that it's not being released as a stand alone product until later in Winter, while anyone who buys Gunvolt from now until Nov 19 can redeem it for free as an early bonus. Those who want just Mighty Gunvolt itself will have to wait.

And yes, it looks like Mighty Gunvolt will get DLC later on. Maybe more characters?

L~A

There's a website for it too now: http://gunvolt.com/mighty/index.html

Actually, I think it's available right now for people who buy Gunvolt. The misunderstanding is that it's not being released as a stand alone product until later in Winter, while anyone who buys Gunvolt from now until Nov 19 can redeem it for free as an early bonus. Those who want just Mighty Gunvolt itself will have to wait.

And yes, it looks like Mighty Gunvolt will get DLC later on. Maybe more characters?

Oh, DLC too? So looks like I was both right and wrong at the same time.

Gunvolt is also live on the Eshop for those with import 3DSes.

It's an eShop only game ;)

Yagami_Sama

As soon as the download from Gunvolt is concluded, it is informed a download code, and with this download code, you may download Mighty Gunvolt .

So far both games are pretty good.

L~A

Good news for NA (and EU) folks:

: happy to announce anyone who buys Gunvolt (in 1st 3 mnths) will also get the 8-bit NES-style retro-demake 3DS romp #MightyGunvolt, free! :

From official Twitter account.

Top Bottom