• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ranger X

Probably is a mod you guys use because I don't use mods and it never crashes.
However, do you use Java 64bits with your view at "far"? Cause if you don't it could be the cause of the crashes.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Probably is a mod you guys use because I don't use mods and it never crashes.
However, do you use Java 64bits with your view at "far"? Cause if you don't it could be the cause of the crashes.
Yes, I use 64 bit and use Far all the time. It has nothing to do with that. It only crashes since 1.5 came out. And seems to only do it when connected to a server. Maybe it's the server doing it. It's Euro-Craft and they use a lot of server-side mods for stuff like a job system and payment system and other stuff like warps and land protection potions.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Running bad even unmodded...=(

I've been playing a lot of 1.5.1 and I've had zero problems or crashes. But then my Minecraft is pure vanilla, no mods at all, just the way I prefer it.

Honestly, Minecraft never gives me any problems whatsoever. It's one of my games that I can always depend on to just run, flawlessly, for me.

Grinchy

Banned
The last time I played on 1.5.1 it was running way better than it had in many months. Whatever performance tweaks were supposedly made were definitely working for me.

That goes for pure or modded. The only time I've ever had MC crash is when I'm messing with shaders and I accidentally install something outdated.

I must say, they must have done some optimizing because the game is a lot smoother now. So much so I haven't even bothered installing optifine yet.

Sarcasm

I don't know what it is. It prob java itself (why can't it be c++ like xbox)..

It was running awesomely fine like it always has and after 1.5.1..but now (last two days) even after a delete and re-download nope.....

Maybe having a hardware failure who knows.

If you guys are having FPS issues, check your drivers and make sure they're up to date. I just ran into this issue. Went from capping out at 50 fps to 90 fps now.

Sarcasm

I did..today though I am back to 280 lol

I mean I can play practically every game at max fine.

i7 3770k
8gb
(yea doesn't help) - GTX670

Its freakin java

Mirk

Nah I am work so its down don't have any anti-grief mods installed so I shut it down when I am not on. Sorry!

Also I started playing on a free Mindcrack FTB server. I have come to find I have a lot more fun without mod powers. When I play and have the option to cheat I do xD.

Sarcasm

FFS this game performance and its issues yet I can run games at max with 60 FPS.

Goto MC..try to change mipmap games sit there for 5 minutes processing lol. SO in about 10-15 minutes I will have it at 4.

Sarcasm

I have to take a break. Even 1.4.7 and FTB have same issue. What a mess.

i7 3770k
8gb of ram
gtx670

MC too good for my PC...yet 60 FPS in Metro maxed...GTA IV I get 60..talking about steady FPS here.

Sarcasm

You know what it was? I allocated to much ram. Two gb is too much. Now it's at 1 and I got a ton of stability and frames. Weird lol.

Grinchy

Banned
You know what it was? I allocated to much ram. Two gb is too much. Now it's at 1 and I got a ton of stability and frames. Weird lol.

I never personally saw a performance increase from allocating more ram. I never saw the performance get worse either though, so who knows what's up with that. I think I allocated 6GB at one point.

Willectro

Banned
Slightly OT, but I want to get a private server hosted. I'm based in Toronto, what are some good options. Just want to play vanilla survival with a couple friends, maybe a few basic mods down the road, nothing crazy. I was thinking http://redstonehost.com

Any other decent hosts?

Edit: Checking out beastnode as well.

Mengy

Nah I am work so its down don't have any anti-grief mods installed so I shut it down when I am not on. Sorry!

Also I started playing on a free Mindcrack FTB server. I have come to find I have a lot more fun without mod powers. When I play and have the option to cheat I do xD.

Yeah, I have to exert extreme willpower while playing on Neocraft to not use my mod powers when just "playing". I go into creative to do mod stuff and maintenance and such, but I make it a point to stay in survival and play normally about 95% of the time. It's also why I don't use the /warps at all, I prefer actually traveling the land and using the railways and boats. Makes the game so much more fun.

The allure of power is hard to fight though, it's one reason why I have so much fun playing offline alot.

Mengy

If people really want, I'll look into setting up a server and having GAF UHC held every so often with different teams and objectives.

The hard part would be getting everyone to play at the same time, for the full length of the game.

Stat!

The hard part would be getting everyone to play at the same time, for the full length of the game.

Yep. Of course. I'd likely want to hold it at various times to appeal to different crowds. I wouldn't do it as a one-off thing. We could do it multiple times and people can join or not join. It'll be a casual-competitive thing. So, try to ensure you have enough time to play, but if an emergency arises, we won't crucify. Similarly, I wonder if we can set it so we play for an hour, everyone leaves the server, play the next day or something like that.

789shadow, agreed. People generally have more time in the summer, but I don't mind holding smaller ones until then. I'm glad to see more people have interest. Chances are, we'll hold various team and non-team ones to try to appeal to everyone.

Just throwing out ideas but if we can get a good number of people, I'll look into setting up a server.

If you are all interested, there is a subreddit you can play in some pick-up games at to get a little practice:

reddit.com/r/ultrahardcore

and I am in for a GAF UHC
mwahahahahahahaha

Whelp looks like that is it for tonight minecraft wise, the session servers appear to be broken :-( god damn it they shift 10 mill on the PC and they can't even get some decent servers.

Mengy

Whelp looks like that is it for tonight minecraft wise, the session servers appear to be broken :-( god damn it they shift 10 mill on the PC and they can't even get some decent servers.

It's working fine for me? Was I just lucky?

Ranger X

I wonder if someone is planning to make a Gate to a new region in the Nether so we can go gather Quartz legit if we want?

I really don't know about the map of the Nether right now, I have no idea where I should built it if there's nobody to do it...

Top Bottom