• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

-Minsc-

WELCOME to NeoCrack!!

So I set up a MindCrack Feed The Beast server! It has a white list so please leave your IGN if you would like me to add you. I have added a few of you Neocrafters that I remembered.
Atm I have it set for 15 people but I can go as high as 40.

First to join you'll need the launcher, and you can get that here. click me

Second you'll need to select the MindCrack Mod in the launcher and login with your Minecraft info to D/l the mod.

Third you'll need the IP quote to see!

If you have any problems please feel free to PM me!!

Feel free to add me. :)

Minecraft name: _Minsc_

WELCOME to NeoCrack!!

So I set up a MindCrack Feed The Beast server! It has a white list so please leave your IGN if you would like me to add you. I have added a few of you Neocrafters that I remembered.

Second you'll need to select the MindCrack Mod in the launcher and login with your Minecraft info to D/l the mod.

Please add me as well. My Minecraft name is: dryuriev7777

OMG
I don't even know where to start. This is downright scary. I'll install this someday when I am tired of the vanilla and in need of a completely differnet game lol

Ranger, I was once in this situation XD

If you have any questions at all about it, let me know. My advice is always to try and find one mod that you are interested in and learn to become proficient at that. :)

WELCOME to NeoCrack!!

You can whitelist me as well: nihontiger

I'll be on to help you guys with any questions you might have. :)

Anyone good and/or love doing interiors? I have a pretty massive fantasy-ish port town with a good numbers of homes/shops/keeps/palace buildings and most of them don't really have anything inside and I don't really like doing insides of stuff. Would anyone be interested in helping with that?

Anyone good and/or love doing interiors? I have a pretty massive fantasy-ish port town with a good numbers of homes/shops/keeps/palace buildings and most of them don't really have anything inside and I don't really like doing insides of stuff. Would anyone be interested in helping with that?

Might be able to lend a hand.

Might be able to lend a hand.

Sweet, you can reach the city by taking the portal at spawn to the portal hub, on the upper level is a portal labeled 'Wulfholm'. That takes you to the hull of one of the ships where a couple more portals will take you around the city.

Heres a quick guide if you and anyone else is interested.

It's not all done yet but more so than what the map shows.

pmORrJd.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
OMG
I don't even know where to start. This is downright scary. I'll install this someday when I am tired of the vanilla and in need of a completely differnet game lol

Yeah that's my situation too. I have so much fun playing vanilla Minecraft that I really just don't have any desire to try FTB in any way right now. Minecraft is like my go to game for simply having no fuss fun and adventure. If I have a half hour or so, I play some Minecraft. I can see me someday getting into the mods bigtime, down the road, but I just don't have any desire to bother right now. Sounds strange, but eh.

Have fun though guys!

Orgun

I just started playing this again thanks to a few of the ShackTac guys and the modset they were using on their server. They've gone back to Vanilla for now before installing the ICBM mod and blowing the shit out of everything but some of the mods they used worked great together

Industrial Craft 2
Buildcraft
Computercraft
Redpower
Railcraft
Balkon's Weapon Mod
Weather Mod
Mo' Creatures

I loathe Ogre's with a passion now :) I was happily minding my own business in my new manufacturing building then the whole backwall blew up and an ogre tore in blowing the shit out of everything. I put him down and rebuilt the building and created a massive wall surrounding my village, I dread hearing that cracking noise they make now.

<3 Minecraft again

-Minsc-

OMG

It is overwhelming when you first look at it. The way I'm doing it is pick a sliver and explore that feature. My plan is to try and limit using the wiki as much as I can. It's actually fun hearing others on the server talking about things you haven't seen yet. "Twilight forest, what's that?" I'll see it some day.

Vlad

It is overwhelming when you first look at it. The way I'm doing it is pick a sliver and explore that feature. My plan is to try and limit using the wiki as much as I can. It's actually fun hearing others on the server talking about things you haven't seen yet. "Twilight forest, what's that?" I'll see it some day.

Another thing to take a look at is the Achievements. Several of the mods add a list of achievements that act as a nice tech tree, to give you an idea of a good order to work on things on. IndustrialCraft's, is especially helpful.

Also, Thaumcraft has a wonderful system that requires you to research things before you can even craft them, but researching them adds them to a book that you can reference that acts as a tech tree.

-Minsc-

Another thing to take a look at is the Achievements. Several of the mods add a list of achievements that act as a nice tech tree, to give you an idea of a good order to work on things on. IndustrialCraft's, is especially helpful.

Also, Thaumcraft has a wonderful system that requires you to research things before you can even craft them, but researching them adds them to a book that you can reference that acts as a tech tree.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

That's the best way to go about it. :) I do use some resources to try and understand things (the Mindcrack guys' videos and direwolf20's videos especially) but a lot of times, I try to figure out what I can myself.

Mirk

Hello guys so the mindcrack server. I work mon-fri 2pm - 10pm central so during that time I can't really do much. I am asking if anyone would like to help moderate the server. I would prefer for someone who know the mod pack and knows how to log into a server up date the whitelist, restart the server ect. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Stat!

Hello guys so the mindcrack server. I work mon-fri 2pm - 10pm central so during that time I can't really do much. I am asking if anyone would like to help moderate the server. I would prefer for someone who know the mod pack and knows how to log into a server up date the whitelist, restart the server ect. If anyone is interested please send me a PM.

Don't want to be mod but please can you install a set home or a teleport mod?

I died today. My bed didn't set. And I spawned back at spawn which is ridiculously far from my stuff (and is in the middle of a desert with no food) so I lost about 6 diamond, 30 iron and it took me a half hour to get back just to my house just so I can go mining for stuff and die at an unexpected creeper. The second time, now im not even bothering making the trek and just waiting for you to teleport me or something lol

Whoever took my iron furnaces and iron chest from my temporary house in the village on Neocrack: please return them. I'm not happy you didn't ask before taking them or worse.

Mirk

I died today. My bed didn't set. And I spawned back at spawn which is ridiculously far from my stuff (and is in the middle of a desert with no food) so I lost about 6 diamond, 30 iron and it took me a half hour to get back just to my house just so I can go mining for stuff and die at an unexpected creeper. The second time, now im not even bothering making the trek and just waiting for you to teleport me or something lol

I do plan on that stuff being there. But I don't know what all I will be adding I want the server to be survival. I think warping cheapins that a bit. With rail craft I would like to set up a rail system to get where we need to get.

Also nioh if you find out who took them let me know. Anyone griefing or stealing will be perm'd. This server is set up for GAF members and close friends only. So I would hope this will not be an issue.

I do plan on that stuff being there. But I don't know what all I will be adding I want the server to be survival. I think warping cheapins that a bit. With rail craft I would like to set up a rail system to get where we need to get.

Also nioh if you find out who took them let me know. Anyone griefing or stealing will be perm'd. This server is set up for GAF members and close friends only. So I would hope this will not be an issue.

I will. Might have been an honest misunderstanding and I did not lose a whole lot that was valuable, but still, it sucks.

Mengy

See, this is how I absolutely love to play Minecraft. Where you have to physically trek to where ever you are going, and you have to be careful about what you are doing, or you might just find yourself needing to trek it all over again and find your way back to where you were. Teleports, warps, flying, all of that ruins the adventure in the game for me, lol.

Stat!

See, this is how I absolutely love to play Minecraft. Where you have to physically trek to where ever you are going, and you have to be careful about what you are doing, or you might just find yourself needing to trek it all over again and find your way back to where you were. Teleports, warps, flying, all of that ruins the adventure in the game for me, lol.

To me, it takes the fun out of the game. I had a bed, but it was obstructed. And the spawn is literally in the middle of a desert biome with no food, trees, stone, or anything. So it's like 20 minute walk out of the desert, plus 6 minutes at night being in a hole hoping you don't starve to death.

So instead of getting back in the swing of things, I am forced to spend 10-15 minutes at night, being in a hole, and 15-20 trying to get back during the day time.

I don't mind a sense of survival but I just dislike that I had set my bed twice, and it didn't work twice.

Mengy, would you be up for UHC then if/when I get the server?

SteelYoshi

Neo Member
After exploring for a bit, i got myself stuck in a hole with no possible way of escape. Yay.
Anyone wanna help, I'm still a visitor and my User is Steel_Yoshi

Ranger X

Yeah that's my situation too. I have so much fun playing vanilla Minecraft that I really just don't have any desire to try FTB in any way right now. Minecraft is like my go to game for simply having no fuss fun and adventure. If I have a half hour or so, I play some Minecraft. I can see me someday getting into the mods bigtime, down the road, but I just don't have any desire to bother right now. Sounds strange, but eh.

Have fun though guys!

*bro fist*

But is it me or I'm not seeing you much on Neocraft lately?

Sarcasm

I am really lost progress wise in FTB.

What I have:

Quarry with a pipe sorting into chests powered by 3 steam engines.

My home:
Coke Oven
Pulverizer & powered furnance w hoppers & chest.
Carpenter & Squeezer

All being powered by steam engines.

I have a couple beehives I made...

What should I do next? I have a power fragment..don't know what to do with it..but I don't know what else to do period (I know there is a lot to do lol)

Mengy

*bro fist*

But is it me or I'm not seeing you much on Neocraft lately?

I popped on last week for a bit, but yeah I haven't been on the server much. I was hooked playing 1.5 in my single player world before the server updated. I started a new world in SSP and am having a blast starting from scratch again. Now that the server is updated I should be playing online, but I still have things to do in my SSP, lol!

That and I'm working on some custom furniture for my living room at the moment. And I've been working a lot of OT lately too. Plus the weather's finally turning nice, so I've been getting the mountain bike out a bit.

So no, it's not just you, hah.

Vlad

I think we've got the iron furnace thing figured out but I'm not upset about it. Seems like it was just an accident, mirk.

If it's the house I think you're talking about, I think it might have been me that took your stuff :(

See, there wasn't a sign on it or anything, and since FTB does add quite a bit of stuff to villages (Thaumcraft villagers, beekeeping houses, etc), I figured "Oh, hey there's a house that spawned with an iron chest and furnaces", and just looted it like I would have any other village.

I'll PM you my coordinates and feel free to loot what you want from my place. I'm pretty sure I didn't use much of what I've found, but I know I used some of it :(.

/me falls on his sword

If it's the house I think you're talking about, I think it might have been me that took your stuff :(

See, there wasn't a sign on it or anything, and since FTB does add quite a bit of stuff to villages (Thaumcraft villagers, beekeeping houses, etc), I figured "Oh, hey there's a house that spawned with an iron chest and furnaces", and just looted it like I would have any other village.

I'll PM you my coordinates and feel free to loot what you want from my place. I'm pretty sure I didn't use much of what I've found, but I know I used some of it :(.

/me falls on his sword

hey, no problem; I never got the chance to label my temp house (I've since moved out) and don't worry; I don't intend to loot anything from your house. I'll just come by to grab the furnaces and the iron chest.

EDIT: I messaged you back about something unrelated, too; let me know when you get that. :)

Vlad

Personally I think warping, setting home, and all that should remain off for this server. A lot of the items revolve around getting around better (hell, one of the IC2 endgame items IS a teleporter), and just being able to warp around for free cheapens that quite a bit.

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that it's possible to turn off the "sometimes IC2 wrenches break machines" feature, which someone just got bit by when his wrench turned his macerator into a machine block. I get why that feature is there (making the lossless wrench more worth it, encouraging good placement on the first try), but it's a little annoying to have to deal with, especially considering how expensive some of the GregTech machines are.

Top Bottom