• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Vita Edition |OT| Sony dealt, 4J developed, Mojang owned, MS nothin'.

Flandy

Took a screenshot the moment of my death. rip
15599550981_acf7369402_b.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man am so tempted to buy this but have enough on my plate as is and that stuff isnt getting enough attention as is due to schedule... D:

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's not something that you really need to spend a lot of time on. If you've got the cash I don't see why not.
do it.

Trust me with how much time Ive spent in the PC one I know the kind of mess Ill be getting into if I get a portable version lol.

I went and made a massive city that I populated with NPCs using the trick to create rooms for them. Though the AI I reckon is still bugged so it gets messed up eventually and they will all start to wander towards a singular location and crowd into rooms. Really wished that they would fix that so you could literally create populated towns all over the world and have them stay that way.

Zareka

I keep getting error C2-12828-1 whenever I try to load my world now. :(

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or is my world gone?

I keep getting error C2-12828-1 whenever I try to load my world now. :(

Does anyone know a fix for this? Or is my world gone?

I had the same thing happen to me, wasn't able to find a way around it. The only thing I was able to do was download my save from the online storage which I had uploaded. I lost about 2 hrs work, but was able to save the world completely. There doesn't seem to be a fix which I was able to find searching on the internet.

lewisgone

Ok, so I corrupted my world a couple days ago and after googling I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem, so just a warning to anyone out there.

Do not save your game, then immediately save and quit straight after!

I am an obsessive saver, so wasn't comfortable just pressing "quit" and then relying on the save and quit option to come up. So I like to save my game manually before quitting. Then when the quit button prompts me, I think "hey, why not, nice to be safe" and save again. Don't do this. Saving takes longer than the green bar filling up...as long as the chest icon is in the top right the game is still saving, even if you are in a menu or playing the game. When you see the chest icon, never save because it screws up the file.

Sucks to lose my world but I'm over it now. At least I can try and get a world seed that has a village now.

MattyG

Banned
Ok, so I corrupted my world a couple days ago and after googling I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem, so just a warning to anyone out there.

I am an obsessive saver, so wasn't comfortable just pressing "quit" and then relying on the save and quit option to come up. So I like to save my game manually before quitting. Then when the quit button prompts me, I think "hey, why not, nice to be safe" and save again. Don't do this. Saving takes longer than the green bar filling up...as long as the chest icon is in the top right the game is still saving, even if you are in a menu or playing the game. When you see the chest icon, never save because it screws up the file.

Sucks to lose my world but I'm over it now. At least I can try and get a world seed that has a village now.
I had a hunch that this was the case. Glad I'm obsessive like you AND a little moreso. I've been saving, waiting for the icon to go away and THEN exiting. Phew.

omg_mjd

Was exploring a mine when my wolf decided to jump into the lava pool and slowly die. :( She had plenty of room and time to jump out too... rip wolfie.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Question: Does this support custom music?

I mean, the soundtrack is peaceful and generally unintrusive, but I'd like to farm and build to my own jams from time to time.

A new patch is coming soon:

Change log for Patch 1.02 - October 24th 2014

- Fixed a crash on saving a game after resetting the Nether.
- Fixed an issue causing corrupt save data after Saving/Autosave and then quickly selecting Save and Exit.
- Fixed an issue with Save Transfer causing players to lose their inventory on re-loading the save.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Nether Portal effect.
- Fix for Host Options settings not being saved after a Save Transfer.
- Enabled support for limited time Additional Content (Downloadable Content available for a limited time on the store).

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...necraft-playstation-vita-edition-patch-change

Zareka

I had the same thing happen to me, wasn't able to find a way around it. The only thing I was able to do was download my save from the online storage which I had uploaded. I lost about 2 hrs work, but was able to save the world completely. There doesn't seem to be a fix which I was able to find searching on the internet.

I think this is exactly what happened. I did notice the chest hadn't disappeared and I waited a little bit but obviously I didn't wait long enough. Oh well, I started over and I hadn't done too much except get my bearings with the game, so I'm not too bothered. Never Save & Quit-ing again though.
Question: Does this support custom music?

I mean, the soundtrack is peaceful and generally unintrusive, but I'd like to farm and build to my own jams from time to time.
There's no in game feature for it but I can't see why you couldn't have the Vita music app running in the background while playing. I haven't tried it yet, but it's worked for everything else.

Waveset

So I didn't realise that I was connected online and had a couple of people come and join my game.

Are they able to take items from my storage, destroy stuff I've built, etc?

Edit: spent some time reading through this thread, options just before loading is the answer I need.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
World got corrupt... again.
First one was mine, now my friend's one is gone too. We were just booted out while playing and when he tried to get back in it wouldn't let him :/
Hope the patch drops soon...

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
There's no in game feature for it but I can't see why you couldn't have the Vita music app running in the background while playing. I haven't tried it yet, but it's worked for everything else.

Do you think you could be a sport and try it out for me? I've known the Vita music app to pause with some games if they don't support it. Would be one extra thing to look forward to playing it portable :)

Do you think you could be a sport and try it out for me? I've known the Vita music app to pause with some games if they don't support it. Would be one extra thing to look forward to playing it portable :)

I am 99% sure it works. I believe I was doing it last week. I don't want to totally reassure you since I'm not positive, but I'm very confident that it works.

Zareka

Sorry if I'm late, but I just tried it out and yes, it works! Enjoy your portable Minecraft. :)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for checking, folks!

I think because of that feature, I'm gonna cave...

Hope you don't mined me being so petty about it...

Does anyone know if you can create a lead [leash] in the Vita version of the game?
Wanted to make one to keep my Iron Golem close to my home [attach it to a fence] and not wander off.
Finally got some Slimeball but cannot see anywhere in the crafting table to make one. The Wiki for the game has nothing in the lead section to state if you can craft one in any of the console versions.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if you can create a lead [leash] in the Vita version of the game?
Wanted to make one to keep my Iron Golem close to my home [attach it to a fence] and not wander off.
Finally got some Slimeball but cannot see anywhere in the crafting table to make one. The Wiki for the game has nothing in the lead section to state if you can craft one in any of the console versions.
Not yet implemented in the console versions. It should however be available with the next content update.

This is my 1st time playing mine craft. I don't really like it,(i am guessing this is like animal crossing where most get it but those who don't , will never get it ) its just not my kind of game. Also got some motion sickness from the game after 2 hours plus of game play (some 1st person games do this to me but i don't expect this game to do so :( )

Easy trophies :D

Tigress

It's the price you pay for controls that don't make you want to leap off tall buildings.

Gotta agree. I got the vita version a week ago and decided might as well have it on my phone just to have it (I got a ton of iTunes credit). I used to be able to play on my phone before I finally got a newer console (my newest console before 2012 was a ps2 and I had really stopped using it). Found I really dislike the controls and was missing my vita. Shoot, I think I like the controls better on the vita than the PS3).

Maaka

Neo Member
Does anyone want to help me with the Diamonds to you trophy?

I have the long mine cart track built if you need that trophy, and getting the 16 different colors of wool.

Psn is NecromaniacJawa

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped in and don't regret it. My only prior experience is dabbling with the PC version a few years ago, but loving it on Vita (... I generally love everything on Vita).

If anyone would like a building buddy, my ID is the same as on here (normally playing in the evenings on Japan time). Just send me a message saying from Vita GAF/MC.

I'm not pushing to get trophies or anything, but gimme a job (within reason) and I'll be happy to pitch in. Would just be nice to while away the time with some Gaffers on a cool project, so sling an invite if you see me :)

Ugh, I just feel done with this now. I was trying to improve my house and get it how I wanted, I left to get something, came back and there was a Creeper inside my house. It destroyed two double chests and there's no way I can pick it all up before it disappears. Plus the game autosaved immediately after it happened.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, that's why I most of the time play on peaceful. I only turn it to easy if I need materials.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, I just feel done with this now. I was trying to improve my house and get it how I wanted, I left to get something, came back and there was a Creeper inside my house. It destroyed two double chests and there's no way I can pick it all up before it disappears. Plus the game autosaved immediately after it happened.

Dude, I know that feel. First day of playing, I come back from chopping trees to find this:

He just stood there, staring at me... Took me a while to realise that he couldn't get through the door, so I had to just get close enough to break it down without triggering his wrath. Terrifying.

Eventually I got him outside and away from the house before detonating.
Moral of the story is, always shut your doors and windows.

However, later I found that even my wolf/chicken/pig/sheep pen wasn't safe:

*Shudder*

If anyone wants to play then my PSN ID is the same as on here.
Just let me know you're from GAF. Would love to help folks build somethin'!

SmokyDave

This game is destroying my desire to play anything else. Every time I find a gap to do some gaming I've grabbed the Vita and continued building shit before I even know it. I'm not even playing it 'properly' yet, just dicking around in creative mode and helping the missus build her world.

I wish this had launched with the Vita, I'd have saved an absolute fortune. Who needs other games?!

ExoSoul

Banned
Question, are the texture packs cross-buy?
I really, really liked the fantasy pack and want to get it but it doesn't say anything about cross-buy. Can I buy any one version without worries or should I just go for the PS4 pack? (have it in all 3 systems)

Megatron

I have a cross-buy question. If I buy the physical Vita or PS3 version, do I get the other version digitally via cross buy or do I have to go digital for both?

ExoSoul

Banned
I have a cross-buy question. If I buy the physical Vita or PS3 version, do I get the other version digitally via cross buy or do I have to go digital for both?

IIRC there's a code for the other version included, don't know if it was just the first copies though. Check the back of the box, it should say if it has it or not.

Megatron

IIRC there's a code for the other version included, don't know if it was just the first copies though. Check the back of the box, it should say if it has it or not.

I'm not sure how to check the back of the box on Amazon ;)

Also... the Vita physical version of Minecraft is just a voucher? What happened there? Wasn't it supposed to be physical? Where's the 100 page gaf thread spewing venom and blaming Microsoft?

ExoSoul

Banned
I'm not sure how to check the back of the box on Amazon ;)

Also... the Vita physical version of Minecraft is just a voucher? What happened there? Wasn't it supposed to be physical? Where's the 100 page gaf thread spewing venom and blaming Microsoft?

I thought you were speaking of a retail store hence the suggestion, on USA Amazon it appears to be digital voucher only while on the UK Amazon you have a choice between physical and voucher.

The voucher doesn't mention anything about cross-buy but on the PSN store the PS3 version doesn't mention anything about it either while the Vita version mentions that it is cross buy and you'll get both.

Your choices seem to be to either try and find it in a retail store if you really want a physical copy or if you don't mind going digital grab the Vita version just to be on the safe side.

I hope I could help.

Top Bottom