• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Delayed to June 7 (NA) June 9 (EU)

Cess007

Kinda good for me, I didn't know who i was supposed to play this with the release of U4 the same month D:

... but now i think about it, release around No Man's Sky too D:

Grief51

Banned
OMG you gotta be shitting me... I'm so sick of delays by now:

First Uncharted 4, then Deus Ex and now Mirror's Edge AGAIN. This blows!

Ughh, I was really looking forward to playing this next month. Guess I'll just pick up Overwatch instead to hold me over till June 7th. Here's to hoping I get into the beta this weekend so I can at least try it out.

DOWN

Banned
Worth the wait
WVqPbB7.gif

XMHFeXX.gif

Sucks, but it might be a better time for it anyway.

The online/social stuff they're planning sounds very cool, not sure why people are so quick to shit on it.

Brofield

I don't give a rat's ass about the online play, but if the delay means they continue to polish and refine the core gameplay, all the power to them.

Curious though if the EA E3 conference will have any surprises ahead for a game that releases two days later in North America.

BiggNife

"I'm glad it got delayed! =)"

Fucking Stockholm Syndrome....

Please don't jump to conclusions with this "stockholm syndrome" bullshit

Usually I am not happy when games get delayed

In the case of ME, Uncharted and Overwatch are taking up all of my time (and a lot of other people's time) in may so I was going to hold off on it. Now that it's been pushed to June I'm considering getting it at launch.

It was being released against a bunch of heavy hitters and it almost definitely would have been overlooked. Now that it basically has a release week to itself, it's likely to get more attention.

Muffdraul

Please don't jump to conclusions with this "stockholm syndrome" bullshit

Usually I am not happy when games get delayed

In the case of ME, Uncharted and Overwatch are taking up all of my time (and a lot of other people's time) in may so I was going to hold off on it. Now that it's been pushed to June I'm considering getting it at launch.

It was being released against a bunch of heavy hitters and it almost definitely would have been overlooked. Now that it basically has a release week to itself, it's likely to get more attention.

I'm not saying there are no good reasons for it. But I'll be damned if I'm happy about it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The delay makes sense. Move away from other games and release right when all the reviewers are ramping up crunch for E3 so let's them slip under the radar.

However this is one bullshit heavy PR statement. Like you actually improve anything with an extra two weeks for your RC build.
Maybe they are working on a day-one patch, who knows. It's not like they can go and say "We're releasing this later so it doesn't go unnoticed because of bigger titles launching at the same time", even if that's the actual reason.

farisr

"I'm glad it got delayed! =)"

Fucking Stockholm Syndrome....
I'm not saying there are no good reasons for it. But I'll be damned if I'm happy about it.
Understandable.

But I'm legitimately happy about it. No joke. I know a lot of people (like you) that were looking forward to the game are probably not legitimately happy about it because now it'll be more time before they get to play the game, but I probably wouldn't have gotten around to playing the game till after E3 anyways. If releasing a few weeks later gets them more attention/sales because they're not releasing near uncharted, and the game is actually good, then this is a good thing.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
They are avoiding UC4 and Overwatch. Right move if you ask me.

Kyonashi

I was disappointed until I realised it was only a 2 week delay. No big deal, sure I can find something to play in the meantime.

It was the only thing I was looking forward to in May so I'm pretty bummed. However, it is only a 2 week delay and June is a good month. Really hope DICE delivers with this.

Top Bottom