• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missouri Man arrested for making plans to shoot US president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azih

Happy-Clapping-To-Dramatic-WTF-Reaction-GIf.gif

Alright, what's the source of this gif?

Africanus

What is the purpose of using the "best friends" statement after using one of the most heinous terms in the English language?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"our forefathers created" is just another way of saying he thinks the white house should only be white.

The funny thing is he probably thinks "Our forefathers" were just like him - the everyman, sticking up for themselves against the most powerful individuals of the time.

In reality they were some of the wealthiest and well-connected aristocrats of the western world - they just didn't have much political clout because there was no way to communicate with or participate in parliament in a timely manner - the mere act of communicating with the central authorities in Britain took months. You think parliament would make a proposal, then spend a year waiting to relay information to the colonies and to listen to the colonies' grievances, before coming to a final decision? Of course not.

Bear

Have people really not heard the "some of my best friends" line in real life? It's right up there with "I'm not racist but..."

I just think it's funny that he used the line while talking to a former Aryan Nation member.

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard that line. It's amazing because he doesn't seem to realize that he incorporated a grotesquely racist term in a common claim that's used by people to "prove" they aren't racist. That's where the reactions in here are coming from.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that people haven't heard the line before. It wouldn't be very funny to someone who doesn't know the intended meaning.

"That nigger shouldn’t be President," Stout allegedly told the informant, adding that "some of my best friends have been niggers."

Holy fuck. This is incredible. I'm imagining a comedy sketch where you have Klansmen literally plotting to kill the President because he's black but constantly trying to justify themselves as not being racist.

Holy fuck. This is incredible. I'm imagining a comedy sketch where you have Klansmen literally plotting to kill the President because he's black but constantly trying to justify themselves as not being racist.

The online video posted above is almost exactly that.

TalonJH

I'm pretty sure everyone has heard that line. It's amazing because he doesn't seem to realize that he incorporated a grotesquely racist term in a common claim that's used by people to "prove" they aren't racist. That's where the reactions in here are coming from.

I'm not sure where you got the impression that people haven't heard the line before. It wouldn't be very funny to someone who doesn't know the intended meaning.

Someone said, "He literally used the "some of my best friends" line." I may have mixed this up with another thread while switching back and forth from working.

JDSN

Banned
Is there a pattern of people going extra racist after Black history month? Its as if the racists are working overtime to make up for what little progress has been made.

mclem

Cameron Stout

Well, I certainly did quite the double-take at that; that's the name of the winner of one of the series of UK Big Brother (who was a fairly quiet and unassuming chap and vastly different from this one!)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Frankly, I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. The Republican Party has become dangerous. There's a lot of extremist views and vitriolic hyperbole toward Obama being peddled.

Sol1dus

His use of the N word reminds me of the first episode of Blackish. The main character walks in and goes oh yeah that guy's my brother. And then this dude that pretends to be black is super racist without even realizing it and the main character goes "yeah, he's not"

pa22word

This will be the shame of my generation. Not this one individual's idiocy, but the overal response to Obama in general. It's kind of weird thinking like this, because it's one of the first time's I can look back and see this type of thing. Like I was too young for 9/11 and the aftermath like iraq and afganistan, but I voted for Obama and such, so I can and have participated in discussions and theory regarding his policy and presidency as a whole, and shit like this just...ugh..

I just can't shake the feeling that in 40 years I'm going to be explaining to my grandkids why we all acted like such shitheads atm just like my grandfather has to explain to me why he thought voting for Nixon seemed like "a good idea at the time".

You'd think if you were gonna go the racist, purification angle like that, having the gaul to admit everything to the feds like that, that you wouldn't temper it with the black friends line wow

leadbelly

Banned
Have people really not heard the "some of my best friends" line in real life? It's right up there with "I'm not racist but..."

I just think it's funny that he used the line while talking to a former Aryan Nation member.

I think it is more the fact that he said it while using the word 'nigger'. That's just incredible.

Furyous

That forefathers bit .. they keep using it ...
I don't think it means what they think it means..

Let them use it because it's self-induced soul burning permanent ether. Don't they realize their entire family are immigrants?

Why should i extend my hand in love to "these people" as Lonnie Lynn suggests I do? LOL at free speech condoning murder of the President of the United States of America.

Finally, this is the outcome of growing up with that Fox News bullshit. Seriously, the Fox News Distortion Field is something to behold. All of this makes me paranoid for a DMZ-type situation at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom