• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missouri man tries to put out fire by driving over it with a van full of gas and ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen: The South.
daYrsT2.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Amazing that this wasn't Florida Man.

Obviously there should be explosives in every van in America so that the explosion will snuff out the fire. That guy needed more explosives in the van, not less!

Having grown up in Missouri, it's not that crazy to consider parts of it as "the south". It was a slave state, and there is effectively no difference between the southern part of the state and Arkansas or Tennessee.

It was mostly a slave state, except for a sliver up the western border, and the "panhandle". That vertical line actually goes right up the middle of the town I was born and partially grew up in (which is why the area had its share of fighting, despite being further north than a lot of the battles).

Possible nuke area

You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Oddly, I just finished reading the Wiki article about a movie that really disturbed me as a kid, even though I witnessed some of it being filmed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After

...I was only six when they were filming it, and I remember it being a big deal in town. But I didn't really understand what was going on, and when it finally aired, it was probably a year later and I didn't really understand that the movie we were watching was the same thing I'd seen being created a year earlier. But It was unbelievably distressing and stuck with me permanently. I had nightmares for years over it, and I think maybe I still do occasionally. (Sorry for the buzzkill, lol)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Virginia is considered part of the South, and is about on-line with Missouri geographically. That said, not all definitions include Missouri.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States

The Old South: can mean either the slave states that existed in 1776 (Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina) or all the slave states before 1860 (which included the newer states of Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas).

jackal27

Banned
I'm so proud of my state you guys.

Virginia is considered part of the South, and is about on-line with Missouri geographically. That said, not all definitions include Missouri.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States

Yeah we were neutral during the Civil War I believe (not a good look, we should have joined the north) there were lots of skirmishes and looting around the border with Arkansas. They even captured a town called Cassville, Missouri (used to live there) and made it the capital of the Confederacy for like a week before townspeople killed most of them. There's still a big rivalry with Arkansas today. Arkansas jokes are Missouri's pastime.

I'm so proud of my state you guys.

Yeah we were neutral during the Civil War I believe (not a good look, we should have joined the north) there were lots of skirmishes and looting around the border with Arkansas. They even captured a town called Cassville, Missouri (used to live there) and made it the capital of the Confederacy for like a week before townspeople killed most of them. There's still a big rivalry with Arkansas today. Arkansas jokes are Missouri's pastime.

My old grandpa (who's been gone for a few years now) was from Koshkonong, a tiny rural Missouri town basically on the Missouri/Arkansas border. He was a great, wonderful man, but he definitely had his funny way of talking and looking at things. Once he told me, describing an argument with someone, "I knocked that old boy over the fence". I never knew if he meant it as a baseball metaphor, or if maybe the guy was literally leaning against a fence and he knocked him over it or what, lol.

Anyway, another time, I remember him telling me:

Him: I don't care what anyone calls me. As long as they don't call me a peckerwood.

Me: Huh. Yeah, that wouldn't be cool.

Him: I don't want anybody confusing me with no peckerwood.

Me: ... wait, what exactly is a "peckerwood" in this case?

Him: Don't you know?

Me: ...?

Him: A peckerwood is what they call somebody from ARKANSAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom