• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto on next Zelda for Wii: Link could not have the sword anymore! And much more.

Twig

Banned
I still think there needs to be a Zelda game where Link isn't a Hylian, but is instead a Goron.

I will never stop thinking this until it happens.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
zigg said:
A steampunk Goron!
24bte7k.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Miyamoto likes to subvert expectations so the lack of the sword doesn't phase me. I'm sure it will still be there since he said the swordfighting and archery in Wii Sports Resort may be indications of how they play in Zelda.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Amir0x said:
Miyamoto likes to subvert expectations so the lack of the sword doesn't phase me. I'm sure it will still be there since he said the swordfighting and archery in Wii Sports Resort may be indications of how they play in Zelda.
Looks like the ghostly-looking girl is going to turn into the Master Sword (or viceversa), so I think we can be sure the sword is in.

agrajag

Banned
Jocchan said:
Looks like the ghostly-looking girl is going to turn into the Master Sword (or viceversa), so I think we can be sure the sword is in.

He did say he wants Zelda to appeal to older gamers. What if Link fucks his sword?

yes, I believe I'm the first one who went there

agrajag said:
He did say he wants Zelda to appeal to older gamers. What if Link fucks his sword?

yes, I believe I'm the first one who went there
So what happens when he gets her pregnant? What will their children be like? And does she have any legal status beyond property? If not, doesn't that make it rape?

agrajag

Banned
Metal Gear?! said:
So what happens when he gets her pregnant? What will their children be like? And does she have any legal status beyond property? If not, doesn't that make it rape?

See? It's already raising all kinds of existential/ethical questions. GG Miyamoto!

MGrant

Metal Gear?! said:

You're all assuming he'd want to have sex with her in her humanoid form.

acidviper

Banned
Metal Gear?! said:
There are no laws in Hyrule. Apparently you can cut your neighbors grass, break their pots, and try to kill his chickens with no repurcussions

agrajag

Banned
acidviper said:
There are no laws in Hyrule. Apparently you can cut your neighbors grass, break their pots, and try to kill his chickens with no repurcussions

Not true, have you never played OOT? You don't mess with those chickens, man.

At least we can now say that with his new female metal companion, he won't have to choke a chicken anymore.

OnPoint

agrajag said:
Not true, have you never played ALLTP? You don't mess with those chickens, man.

At least we can now say that with his new female metal companion, he won't have to choke a chicken anymore.

Fixed that for you, though, it's in both games.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
You guys are doing it backwards.
Her legs are the blade. You basically grab her by her neck.

Gallagher said:
Other theory[IMG]

How about that? ^^[/QUOTE]

I really thing the the legs are the handle of the sword, its clearly that the cross pattern of the stockings is really the same. And that the top of the head it the point of the blade.
We dont see it in the image, but maybe the boots she has resemble the last part of the handle.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SpacePirate Ridley said:
I really thing the the legs are the handle of the sword, its clearly that the cross pattern of the stockings is really the same. And that the top of the head it the point of the blade.
We dont see it in the image, but maybe the boots she has resemble the last part of the handle.
Hmmmm.
Maybe you're right, then.

durendal

I still think this girl more than likely grants Link magic, which would fit with the Faerie Queen hypothesis. She may not become his sword, but she could use magic to give him different weapons.

MisterHero said:
Ganon travels back in time and destroys the Master Sword and yet another alternate reality is created. It will be revealed that the metal of the blade was orignally a piece of a "fallen star". A wayward Link will have to trek into space to get another piece, and save the kingdom for Empress Zelda, who, this time around, falls in love with Tingle.

I find this hilarious for some reason!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i really hope when you use her to beat down enemies she screams and wags her legs like humans when you roll them up in katamari damacy.

She looks sad. I bet she's secretly responsible for the creation of ganon/evil in the the world. This is why only she/the master sword us the only thing that can hurt him.

Crazy stuff!

In one game Link's hat is a creature in another game he is a wolf and now his sword is a girl? What's next? Hyrule is a guy?

Link doesn't look that old and damn, he is lefthanded. Damn you all you righthanded people out there :lol

I'm horribly horribly disappointed with the style, with this art I'm pretty sure the game will look boring / generic, it'll make the Wii's limitations obvious, and it'll visually age like the villain in the last crusade...

but hey, all the Queen of Faeries / Master Sword Girl talk is interesting speculation. Maybe it won't completely suck.

Caesar III said:
a celshaded Prince of Persia 2008 style Zelda would be awesome and doable in some ways on Wii

Yeah that could be nice. I'm not hopeful though.

I don't want any particular Link design, I just want it to be stylised and the complete opposite of bland Ocarina-of-Time-clone:

zelda_oracle_seasons_conceptart_YdrCG.jpg

chars2.jpg

oracle-of-ages_seasons-ganon.png

link-falling.jpg

a-link-to-the-past-link_2.jpg

boxart-pal-front.jpg

windwaker_ganon.jpg

The%20Wind%20Waker%20Front%20Large.jpg

Anything that is a logical colourful and stylised successor to any of those I would be happy with. This art is nicely done but Link looks pretty much the same as he did in TP. It doesn't make me hopeful for the games overall art direction.

Hopefully the villagers don't look like the product of incest this time around.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons Link is still my favourite Link design in the series.

That said, the new artwork reminds of Majora's Mask for some reason. Probably the colouring.

CiSTM

Banned
My guess is that there is still a sword. Only this time it will be seen in two froms. As in some kind of spirit (like in the picture) and in physical form. You switch between these forms during the game. Motion plus is made for sword fights and therefore there will be a sword.

MisterHero

Nintendo reveals that they bought Namco and Link is actually going to use the ultimate shape-shifting weapon: SOUL CALIBUR

rhino4evr

Wrath2X said:
Well......Nintendo didn't disappoint me this E3. Mario, Metroid and Zelda for 2010!

Can not wait.

why do people keep thinking this will be out in 2010? The chances are SO slim. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.

Top Bottom