• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto on next Zelda for Wii: Link could not have the sword anymore! And much more.

EmCeeGramr said:
He spends an awful lot of time around women he's not trying to screw. That raises questions.

k9um3t.png

He said years ago before TP was released that the next zelda would be completely different and he said it again at this E3 but everyone's theories that im reading sound like same ol traditional zelda, and as much as i love it and as awesome as it sounds, I want something totally new from them.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Umm, how the hell is Link holding that shield? I can't make his head position and the position of the arm holding the shield make any sense to me.

Masked Man

I said wow
MoogPaul said:
Could it be the origin of the Master Sword? The girl sacrifices herself to the 12 Sages to become a weapon to fight evil?

Awesome idea. I love this. :D

GamerSoul said:
All i know is that Ganondorf is gonna be looking her. Before, since the Master Sword was a... sword, we didn't really have to worry about its well being, now we do. What a tweest indeed. Makes it worse that it's the only thing that can stop him, yet it's a little girl.

The angle of Ganondorf going after a little girl makes him seem a lot more twisted and evil, which could make for a very dark game. I like where this is going.

Dalamar86

chaoticprout said:

One thing I disagree about in this analysis is the cross guard being the sash around her waist. I think the folds in her cloak bear a greater resemblance to it due to the three perfect folds. They almost perfectly match the pattern on the cross guard, albeit backwards.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Masked Man said:
The angle of Ganondorf going after a little girl makes him seem a lot more twisted and evil, which could make for a very dark game. I like where this is going.
dude, did you play windwaker? that was like, your WHOLE motivation at the start.

AceBandage said:
You know, I think Nintendo planned this.
I mean, we're probably going to talk about this single artwork more than any trailer they would have released...
DAMNIT NINTENDO! why must you play such games?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Dalamar86 said:
One thing I disagree about in this analysis is the cross guard being the sash around her waist. I think the folds in her cloak bear a greater resemblance to it due to the three perfect folds. They almost perfectly match the pattern on the cross guard, albeit backwards.
good pickup. i think the sash around her waist more closely represents the straight pattern just below the cross guard.

MisterHero

Masked Man said:
Different case but he did basically that in Wind Waker. :p

edit: beaten :(

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Dalamar86 said:

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought too, robe folds = cross guards. The part being compared to the cross-guard should actually be compared to the round cross-guard base just below it.

edit: beaten.

Zilch

Banned
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed that Link looks so much like... Link.

I don't want another Wind Waker-style Link, but a radical redesign in another way would be appreciated. Ah well.

Akai

Andrex said:
Although she'll probably turn out to be the helper/Navi/Midna of this game in all likelihood.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with another Midna...I'd be shocked and delighted if they could create another partner that matched her level of personality...

Zilch said:
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed that Link looks so much like... Link.

People always say this, but come on, would changing Link's clothes make any difference whatsoever? Naaaaah...Anyway, that tunic is a symbol that is only topped by Mario's overalls...

Gamer @ Heart said:
He said years ago before TP was released that the next zelda would be completely different and he said it again at this E3 but everyone's theories that im reading sound like same ol traditional zelda, and as much as i love it and as awesome as it sounds, I want something totally new from them.

Open with a close-up of Link taking a drag from a cigarette. The camera zooms out to show Link tossing the cigarette away. Then the camera moves behind Link, showing the skyscrapers of Neo Hyrule. Then we hear Link, in the voice of Max Payne, "No one beats the city. We get a few draws, a few good dreams in a lifetime of nightmares, but the city always has one hand better. The drugs, the sex, the murder... it's a losing battle, and we're only along for the ride. Last night a man raped his daughter. She'll never tell anyone about it. It's a sick world, and this city's the virus. The whores walking the streets, the single mothers, the tycoons in their penthouses, they're all just cogs in the machine. But I'm no cog. I have the Triforce of Courage, and tonight I hold a winning hand."

Damn, I was browsing on my iPhone before The Hangover and saw that the artwork was posted. Awesome stuff.

Not a fan of Link looking the exact same. Let's hope the gameplay is fresh and it looks fantastic though. Here, here!

OnPoint

billy.sea said:
Just saw the artwork.

I thought they said Link is much more mature. I don't see anything mature about it.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Looks just like Link in TP to me, maybe just taller. How about a killer beard? That'd really set it off.

Masked Man

I said wow
doomed1 said:
dude, did you play windwaker? that was like, your WHOLE motivation at the start.

Duhz, of course. Brilliant game. :D

But Ganondorf hunting down this new girl would be a lot different from his going after Aryll, especially if MoogPaul's idea of the former sacrificing herself came into play. Moreover, as much as I loved the cel-shaded style, the more realistic look would make girl-hunting Ganondorf infinitely creepier and more frightening.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
MisterHero said:
Ganon travels back in time and destroys the Master Sword and yet another alternate reality is created. It will be revealed that the metal of the blade was orignally a piece of a "fallen star". A wayward Link will have to trek into space to get another piece, and save the kingdom for Empress Zelda, who, this time around, falls in love with Tingle.

Whoa. That one word change makes a world of difference. A world of awesome difference.

Duderz

Banned
billy.sea said:
Just saw the artwork.

I thought they said Link is much more mature. I don't see anything mature about it.

Exactly. There is nothing at all different from this Link than Twilight Princess Link.

VegaShinra

That girl must be the Master Sword. With Shiggy's comments and then the artwork, it makes perfect sense. The sword took on a mystical form. Maybe Link can talk to the sword like in Bleach. :lol

I couldn't give a fuck if she's royal maidservant Zelda, as long as there's a lot of people in her kingdom/empire/city.

Oh and voice acting. And cloth physics.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Did anybody notice the pointy things on the letter Z on that artwork? It reinforces the dual nature of the person/ghost/sword thing.

Evenflow

IGN: Have you thought about making a Wii game that uses two Wii remotes with MotionPlus?

Shigeru Miyamoto: I think if Wii Sports Resort sells really well, that's something we'd definitely like to think about. Like, table manners.

IGN: We're going to suggest Marionette, the title that popped up on Nintendo release lists a long time ago and then disappeared. You use two Wii remotes to control Mario like a puppeteer.

Shigeru Miyamoto: That puppet team really still wants to work on that so maybe we've got something really cool with that.

What the hell is with IGN's obsession with Marionette? During the live blog with Miyamoto they kept saying come on Miyamoto show Marionette we know your working on it..... and now they're TELLING him to work on it. WTF. It's such a stupid game idea and has no potential to be a fun game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Evenflow said:
What the hell is with IGN's obsession with Marionette? During the live blog with Miyamoto they kept saying come on Miyamoto show Marionette we know your working on it..... and now they're TELLING him to work on it. WTF. It's such a stupid game idea and has no potential to be a fun game.

It's like the 128 Marios thing and the Kid Icarus thing. Every time they see something they talk about it endlessly until embarrassed or proven correct.

Evenflow said:
What the hell is with IGN's obsession with Marionette?

I think that could be awesome!

Say Nintendo releases a headset. In said game you could act out your own little play and record audio with your headset while moving/mimeing the puppets and recording this to send to your friends/family. It could be awesome. Very non-gamery type stuff. Charades, etc.

However the Wii is without a headset and there is no hard drive. Graphics could be "very nice" as well considering there wouldn't be much there besides some crayon type background a curtain and a couple of puppets.

Forkball

PantherLotus said:
just sayin'.
Just sayin' what? That you've never noticed it before?

If this game doesn't come out until 2011, we will have the biggest gap in console Zeldas since LttP to OoT. Miyamoto is acting pretty strange about the whole thing though. He seems so unsure about the entire project. "Here's something I drew on a napkin before the press conference. We might use Motion Plus... maybe. I dunno really, we might get around to modeling a mine cart next year." They've got to be farther in development than Miyamoto is leading on.

AniHawk

Forkball said:

If this game doesn't come out until 2011, we will have the biggest gap in console Zeldas since LttP to OoT. Miyamoto is acting pretty strange about the whole thing though. He seems so unsure about the entire project. "Here's something I drew on a napkin before the press conference. We might use Motion Plus... maybe. I dunno really, we might get around to modeling a mine cart next year." They've got to be farther in development than Miyamoto is leading on.

He just doesn't care anymore.

RagnarokX

Forkball said:

It's probably that the game is pretty far into development, but the final product will depend on Wii Motion + sales. They probably have two versions of the game, one motion + and one normal, and they can't show either of them to the public until they figure out which way they're going to go.

Dascu

Free Camineet! Zelda Wii was officially shown at E3!

Not too fond of the artwork, in the sense that it doesn't look like it'll be a cel-shaded game.

Neo C.

Forkball said:

Read the Iwata interviews to Twilight Princess. It's pretty common for the team to try out tons of things until the very end.

I'd still like to see them take a stab at the Futuristic Zelda idea.
Not a motorcycle named Epona or any dumbass stuff like that, but yeah.

Think it has potential. Who knowssss.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I think the story/scenario portion is pretty much down. It's just the mechanics and the implementation that's tricky, especially incorporating Motion Plus.

tabsina

Buckethead said:
I'd still like to see them take a stab at the Futuristic Zelda idea.
Not a motorcycle named Epona or any dumbass stuff like that, but yeah.

Think it has potential. Who knowssss.

Haha, just reading that reminds me of the Leonardo DiCaprio modern version of Romeo and Juliet.. using direct quotes from the play in a modern setting - so awful

Linkhero1

Jackano said:
In other topic, what was this? :lol

image2.jpg
Looks like a viking with blonde hair and mustache, no eyes are showing. Wearing red clothing. I'm pretty sure it's from a cartoon or something.

Top Bottom