• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

zroid

Banned
LOL well if they have to start Doubront, they might as well start him against Sonny Gray

pretty much a guaranteed loss no matter who's starting

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hs8j5B5.png

Fresno Tacos ...lol
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/pag...tros-affiliate-changing-name-fresno-tacos-day

Marz

I'd look at dropping Joc in the Dodgers batting order. Every game lately he's 0-4 or 0-5. He isn't even walking anymore. His OBP has fallen nearly 50 points in the last month.

We can't keep leading off with an automatic out. Drop him to 6th or 7th and see if he can break out of this slump.

He's one of the most overrated new players I've seen in a while.

Looks like another Mark Reynolds as far as hitting is concerned.

I'd bat Puig leadoff.

they went 0-7 in the Oakland Seattle trip last year

so...... yeah

Well, we're doing better than that.

Donaldson back in Oakland: 'My heart started fluttering'

How we all feel, Josh. How we all feel.

We love you too, RainBringer.

Nice ovation for him in his first at bat too. Because of course it was.

Josh, we'll see you again when you're wrapping up your career and you want to take one more tour around the league.

Gives me John Farrell vibes.

I'd bat Puig leadoff.

Joc? Overrated?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Joc Pederson has been worth 3 fWAR in 90 games. Kid is a flat out stuuuuuuuuuud. Just going through a rough patch right now, even if the bat isn't working as well, his defense is gold glove level. Mark Reynolds never had a season as good as Yung Joc is having right now. Gotta look beyond just the BA man.

He is a great player.

Marz

Joc? Overrated?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Joc Pederson has been worth 3 fWAR in 90 games. Kid is a flat out stuuuuuuuuuud. Just going through a rough patch right now, even if the bat isn't working as well, his defense is gold glove level. Mark Reynolds never had a season as good as Yung Joc is having right now. Gotta look beyond just the BA man.

He is a great player.

Mark Reynolds hit 44 hrs, drove in 100 rbi's, and hit 260. one year.

Like I said as far as hitting is concerned he's another Mark Reynolds. I see a young player who takes these massive cuts at pitches trying to hit bombs every time up and has no idea how to actually hit at the major league level.

Mark Reynolds hit 44 hrs, drove in 100 rbi's, and hit 260. one year.

Like I said as far as hitting is concerned he's another Mark Reynolds. I see a young player who takes these massive cuts at pitches trying to hit bombs every time up and has no idea how to actually hit at the major league level.

That's great?

Mark Reynolds best year in 09' still wasn't as efficient offensively as Joc's year so far is now. 134 wRC+ for Joc, 127 for Reynolds.

Joc has Reynolds beat in every category. Walk rate, K%, BB/K, OBP, OBP+, wOBA, etc etc. And that's just comparing Joc right now to Reynolds peak year. Compare their overall stats when adjusted for average and Joc beats him handily.

Joc is a far, far better player than a one dimensional K machine. You see a kid hacking, I see one with tremendous power and a wide swing that generates that power who still hits .230 and draws walks. He was hitting .270+ for most of the year.

Any FO in baseball would trade anything it took to get Joc Pederson.

Marz

That's great?

Mark Reynolds best year in 09' still wasn't as efficient offensively as Joc's year so far is now. 134 wRC+ for Joc, 127 for Reynolds.

Joc has Reynolds beat in every category. Walk rate, K%, BB/K, OBP, OBP+, wOBA, etc etc. And that's just comparing Joc right now to Reynolds peak year. Compare their overall stats when adjusted for average and Joc beats him handily.

Joc is a far, far better player than a one dimensional K machine. You see a kid hacking, I see one with tremendous power and a wide swing that generates that power who still hits .230 and draws walks. He was hitting .270+ for most of the year.

Any FO in baseball would trade anything it took to get Joc Pederson.

Time will tell I guess. In the meantime I guess we'll all just sit back and watch him hack away in the leadoff spot.

BFIB

Lucroy reportedly approached the Brewers about extending his current deal, which is set to expire after 2017. The Brewers declined the discussion.

Kind of crazy, no? One of the most underrated guys out there.

I NEED that taco cap. Especially since I never got a London Rippers one, brahs only lasted half a season because the OBGYN owner couldn't make payments to PanAm league.....

Lucroy reportedly approached the Brewers about extending his current deal, which is set to expire after 2017. The Brewers declined the discussion.

Kind of crazy, no? One of the most underrated guys out there.

Should have been NL MVP last year.

Best catcher in baseball, dude is great.

Beckx

Finally through with travelling a lot and on travel stand-by when I'm not travelling. Time to focus on baseball and get the Koshien thread ready (for the 3-4 people who will post in it :p). (Prelims are already hype!)

Thought the Bucs would pull out a win last night but as soon as those first 2 runs went up for the Royals I had a bad feeling. They've already recovered from a terrible start to the season, having a bad start to the second half isn't going to help.

At least they didn't give up 19 runs like my Fighters. ;_;

Finally through with travelling a lot and on travel stand-by when I'm not travelling. Time to focus on baseball and get the Koshien thread ready (for the 3-4 people who will post in it :p). (Prelims are already hype!)

Thought the Bucs would pull out a win last night but as soon as those first 2 runs went up for the Royals I had a bad feeling. They've already recovered from a terrible start to the season, having a bad start to the second half isn't going to help.

At least they didn't give up 19 runs like my Fighters. ;_;

Hue hue hue hue hueeeeee.

Tigers finally tied for first. SO HYPE (they'll blow it of course). Man the Central sucks this year. Glad I shelled out for the Pacific PV stuff.

Parch

Brett Lawrie is refusing to talk to the Toronto media, supposedly because of the way they portrayed him as an immature hothead. I'm no fan of sports media, but he still has a lot of Canadian fans. This little pouting antic is only proving that he really is an immature hothead.

Brett Lawrie is refusing to talk to the Toronto media, supposedly because of the way they portrayed him as an immature hothead. I'm no fan of sports media, but he still has a lot of Canadian fans. This little pouting antic is only proving that he really is an immature hothead.

Even though it's true, especially in regards to Toronto sports media? Anything he says that could have an inkling of being twisted into something it isn't, T.O. sports media will do it. Same as Phil Kessel now that he's in Pittsburgh.

And besides, he seems content on simply letting it rest and play well in a place where they only come once a year.

I'd bat Puig leadoff.
I've been saying this all season about Joc in comparison. They need JRoll back in leadoff. He's gonna come out of the slump soon.

Also Libeatore got demoted for Ian Thomas

Wait.... refusing to talk to media = pouting = proof he's an immature hothead?

He has no obligation to talk to them, especially if he thinks they're just going to goad him into saying something he doesn't want to. He's let go of Toronto, Toronto fan should let go of him. He's not there anymore. Move on.

He hasn't been an "immature hothead" at all this season. In fact, he's played great and seems to be considered a good teammate. He also took the high road in the kerfuffle with the Royals earlier in the year.

Hi Baseball GAF.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my Weekend Seattle plans fell through, and I am trying to unload these two tickets to the Jays and Mariners game.

Please PM me if you or anyone you know is interested.

Mariners-vs.-Blue-Jays.gif

I am selling a pair of Toronto Blue Jays vs Seattle Mariners tickets, the game is the one on Saturday, July 25, at Safeco Field in Seattle at 1:05pm.

Section 117, Row 6, Seat 13 and 14.

These are Great seats, lower level, close to first base.

These are online tickets that you can print out at home and take it to the game. I will transfer the tickets to you online through Mariners Ticketmaster. I will provide all necessary proof of purchase documents, (screen grabs, video etc.) The online tickets don't need to be printed out if you don't want to, you can enter the ball game via your smartphone using the "Mobile Entry" feature. I will accept e-transfer via your bank or PayPal for this option.

I am selling them for less than face value at only $110 USD for the pair.

You could contact me via PM

Thank you!!

JDeluis

I've been saying this all season about Joc in comparison. They need JRoll back in leadoff. He's gonna come out of the slump soon.

Also Libeatore got demoted for Ian Thomas

For the moment I agree they should move Joc down to the 7th spot. Too much pressure on him batting lead off. Maybe move Rollins down to the 9th spot. He had a couple of games were he bat 9th and seemed to be doing better. Maybe now that Crawford is back, they could also consider moving him to first or even Puig.

I think Libeatore has been doing great. Maybe this will give him some rest and he can comeback in September along with Yimi Garcia and hopefully Paco Rodriguez will be off the DL.

I don't think Pederson is overrated. Granted, he's not Mike Trout or Bryce Harper (but who is?) He's looking like he's basically going to be Adam Dunn but with positive defensive value. That's a pretty good and valuable player if you look at the offensive WAR numbers Dunn put up in his prime. What killed Dunn was that he was a butcher in the field and you couldn't find a place to play him.

It's kinda early to critique Joc even I called him Mark Reynolds 2.0. It took Bryce a couple of years to get were he's at now. McGwire needs to really earn his money and teach Joc to hit opposite field and lose the uppercut swing.

Rollins shouldn't even be playing. Bring up Seager.

Pederson was great in leadoff when he was getting on base at a .400 clip as he did much of the year. But he's down to .357. Dude needs to get back to drawing walks.

this is why the nats aint shit

cant hit anything on a 12:35 start in one of the more gorgeous days of the summer on home turf against a pitcher who can't get a road win and you're showing donuts through 4 innings

Rosenthal saying that talks between the Mets and A's about Zobrist have broken off because Mets management doesn't want to take on Zobrist's $3m salary?

Wut.

Hey Cubs, you need Kazmir. Let's make a deal.

He's right though. Toronto sports media is shit. He should come out with a few prepared lines to field questions.

It's remarkable the difference between Donaldson gushing over Oakland and Lawrie not giving a fuck to deal with T.O. media.

Top Bottom