• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

I always consider Zobrist to be a good pick up.

If you can't find $3m for a piece that may help put you over the top when you're in a playoff window with this pitching staff you don't belong in baseball. My respect to all the Mets fans that can maintain their fandom with this horseshit ownership. And that's coming from an A's fan.

Jays talking to the Marlins about Haren?

I don't like it when we talk to the Marlins but the last trade wasn't terrible for us.

10:48am: Toronto has no interest in Latos but might consider Dan Haren, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com (Twitter links). He notes that the club is very aware of maintaining a healthy “clubhouse mix” in making any additions.

zroid

Banned
He's right though. Toronto sports media is shit. He should come out with a few prepared lines to field questions.

It's remarkable the difference between Donaldson gushing over Oakland and Lawrie not giving a fuck to deal with T.O. media.

if anything the fact he didn't speak to the media is evidence that he has matured. if he really resented being traded (and why wouldn't he?) then it's better to stay out of the spotlight than come out and talk shit... which is probably what people expected. unless people expected him to just drop a bunch of clichés? in which case, well, who gives a crap.

Rollins shouldn't even be playing. Bring up Seager.

Pederson was great in leadoff when he was getting on base at a .400 clip as he did much of the year. But he's down to .357. Dude needs to get back to drawing walks.

And of course Rollins doubles in a run and scores a run right after I type this.

Still, .205/.261/.326 is ugly as hell.

We also need to get rid of Crawford somehow.

Syrinx

Rosenthal saying that talks between the Mets and A's about Zobrist have broken off because Mets management doesn't want to take on Zobrist's $3m salary?

Wut.

Hey Cubs, you need Kazmir. Let's make a deal.

On one hand, anything that lowers the chances of Sandy panicking and making a move we're all going to regret while adding a piece that won't make nearly enough of a difference for us this year is probably good.

On the other hand, that's such a fuckiing bullshit reason not to add a guy and I completely believe it.

Parch

unless people expected him to just drop a bunch of clichés? in which case, well, who gives a crap.
Refusal to talk to media just means that they'll write whatever shit they want about Lawrie if he's not willing to deny it. At least showing up with a bunch of cliches is playing the media game and deflecting some of the bad press he's going to get.

If you don't play the media game, they'll burn you alive.

Refusal to talk to media just means that they'll write whatever shit they want about Lawrie if he's not willing to deny it. At least showing up with a bunch of cliches is playing the media game and deflecting some of the bad press he's going to get.

If you don't play the media game, they'll burn you alive.

Toronto media will burn you alive no matter what you say. Brett is taking the high road in this situation, making it so that they're the ones who have to get over it.

He has no obligation to talk to them, especially if he thinks they're just going to goad him into saying something he doesn't want to. He's let go of Toronto, Toronto fan should let go of him. He's not there anymore. Move on.

I see you're not very familiar with Toronto sports fans.

I'm glad the Jays were able to get such amazing value for him, so I don't see why there'd be any reason to be bitter, but I guarantee you that the boos will be thundering the first series Lawrie plays in Toronto. That's just what Jays fans do. It doesn't matter on what terms the player leaves, there's always remarkable bitterness for no apparent reason towards pretty much every former Jay. I went to one of Vernon Wells' first games back as an Angel; the "VERRRRRR-NON" chants were deafening, and he'd just committed the unpardonable sin of signing a huge contract and being traded away (and he wasn't even very good for the Angels, so it's not like people were made he'd turned it around).

I'm not. =(

I guarantee you that the boos will be thundering the first series Lawrie plays in Toronto. That's just what Jays fans do. It doesn't matter on what terms the player leaves, there's always remarkable bitterness for no apparent reason towards pretty much every former Jay.

Never have been able to understand this. Just ignorant, idiotic components of the fanbase. Seen plenty of it at Dodger Stadium over the years too.

Edwardo

My fantasy team is so bad. I feel like I need to just have a fire sale and rebuild for next year. Gotta get some young blood on my team.

I'm glad the Jays were able to get such amazing value for him, so I don't see why there'd be any reason to be bitter, but I guarantee you that the boos will be thundering the first series Lawrie plays in Toronto. That's just what Jays fans do. It doesn't matter on what terms the player leaves, there's always remarkable bitterness for no apparent reason towards pretty much every former Jay. I went to one of Vernon Wells' first games back as an Angel; the "VERRRRRR-NON" chants were deafening, and he'd just committed the unpardonable sin of signing a huge contract and being traded away (and he wasn't even very good for the Angels, so it's not like people were made he'd turned it around).

I'm worried about Toronto's reaction when Lawrie returns. Toronto crowds can be ridiculous.

MLB.com just sent out that it's the Jays and Cubs in negotiations for Latos, despite the latest from MLB Trade Rumors saying the Jays have zero interest in him.

Malo

Banned
Fangraphs has the Yankees with the second best percentage to win the world series.

I never expected that coming into this season. A-Gawd going to lead us to the promised land once again.

I'm worried about Toronto's reaction when Lawrie returns. Toronto crowds can be ridiculous.

MLB.com just sent out that it's the Jays and Cubs in negotiations for Latos, despite the latest from MLB Trade Rumors saying the Jays have zero interest in him.

I guess Haren and Latos are out for the Jays since we're reading about it

BFIB

Damn shame on the Vargas news for Royals-GAF. Sorry Duane. :(

Glass half full, lots of arms are going to be moving, so there's still time to fill that gap.

tim1138

How many players can you keep? Our league does 4. I just joined, but they lost two people, so we did a fresh draft this year.

We do three per year. You can keep the same player in the slot they were drafted for three years in a row and after that they automatically become your top pick. It adds a little strategy to drafting and keeps people from hording the same three people forever.

Per Deadspin via VinePair

1352248515721163411.png

Boston vendors capitalizing on the fact that being a Red Sox fan drives you to drink.

Biggest game for the Mets in years and we choke it away because Terry used Familia 5 straight games before today.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Top Bottom