• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

You guys are getting way too irrationally angry about the marketing of UFC 210. Rumble's one punch power is probably the biggest draw of that fight in terms of attracting casuals. Would you rather the promos show highlights of DC laying on a 74 year old Anderson Silva for 15 minutes? It's just marketing. If it helps sell the fight, why would DC be insulted by it? That's going to help pad his wallet.

You guys are getting way too irrationally angry about the marketing of UFC 210. Rumble's one punch power is probably the biggest draw of that fight in terms of attracting casuals. Would you rather the promos show highlights of DC laying on a 74 year old Anderson Silva for 15 minutes? It's just marketing. If it helps sell the fight, why would DC be insulted by it? That's going to help pad his wallet.

DC is actually really angry about it. He's been posting so on both Twitter and interviews. And I get it, he's the champion and he feels disrespected. But I get why the UFC is doing and aren't really mad at them. Still pretty shit thing to do to your champ.

Also Brian Stann, someone used to seeing bad shots in the octagon just said on Twitter that knee was so loud from Barboza in the arena it made him feel sick

Levito

Banned
No one's angry, poking fun at cornball ass marketing is all we can do when there's like 15 minutes of advertisements between each fight on these FOX cards.

Chumley

Banned

I'd rather they show highlights of DC throwing Gustaffson around like a ragdoll and giving Jon Jones his most competitive match ever.

Painting Rumble as the boogeyman who just has to hit DC harder to win is fine but it's silly nonsense if you actually watched the last fight. Rumble himself knows that gameplan is destined to fail.

I'd rather they show highlights of DC throwing Gustaffson around like a ragdoll and giving Jon Jones his most competitive match ever.

You gotta market based on what's freshest on people's minds. DC's last fight was a snoozer. They are trying to get people to now spend $60 to watch him fight again. It's not that big of a deal. Marketing is not about being fair or respectful, they're trying to get people to shell out money.

Chumley

Banned
You gotta market based on what's freshest on people's minds. DC's last fight was a snoozer. They are trying to get people to now spend $60 to watch him fight again. It's not that big of a deal. Marketing is not about being fair or respectful, they're trying to get people to shell out money.

They can still sell tickets while giving respect to the champion, Rumble looks scary no matter what. Same shit happened with Rousey v Nunes (only much worse obviously). WME marketing has been hit and miss on my opinion.

Levito

Banned
Shogun used to be studly enough that modeling was his second job and now looking at his face you can see why MMA fighter and model are not very compatible careers.

They can still sell tickets while giving respect to the champion, Rumble looks scary no matter what. Same shit happened with Rousey v Nunes (only much worse obviously).

Meh it sells fights. They can be respectful and show how awesome DC is, but how is that going to convince people on the fence to shell out money to watch him fight somebody he already beat? That makes no sense. Making Rumble look like a killer is the best way to sell this fight.

Dude... who cares? UFC probably hits up Nate and Nick every week about a match they don't give a fook about, doesn't mean it'll happen.

Khabib is out for a while.

What do you mean who cares? You said I don't know that. Actually, yes I do. It's the fight everyone on the table wants still. Khabib, UFC, and Tony. It's all down to if they can work out an agreement on when. Ramadan is currently the issue in the way, if it wasn't for that fight would already be rebooked.

What do you mean who cares? You said I don't know that. Actually, yes I do. It's the fight everyone on the table wants still. Khabib, UFC, and Tony. It's all down to if they can work out an agreement on when. Ramadan is currently the issue in the way, if it wasn't for that fight would already be rebooked.

That's the issue?! The issue is that this M'Fer doesn't take care of his body well enough and just broke down

Oscar

Jones defended well against DC, I believe DC only had one decent round in the entire fight.

Gus gave Jones a legendary war.

That's the issue?! The issue is that this M'Fer doesn't take care of his body well enough and just broke down

Yes that is the issue and currently why Khabib hasn't agreed to rebooking. He felt 210 was too early due to the failed cut, and after that he is in Ramadan. The other discussed date is UFC 213 but that may be too close to Ramadan as well and Khabib won't commit to it

Fight very well may fall through but that's what everyone involved wants. But yeah it may not happen

Chumley

Banned
Yes that is the issue and currently why Khabib hasn't agreed to rematch. He felt 210 was too early due to the failed cut, and after that he is in Ramadan. The other discussed date is UFC 213 but that may be too close to Ramadan as well and Khabib won't commit to it

Fight very well may fall through but that's what everyone involved wants. But yeah it may not happen

The longer he waits the more the hype train derails. Khabib done goofed.

Oscar

Anik is an asshole, lol.

Stann: "It's hard to stay patient when you have your opponent hurt"

Anik: "Yes, you know that from personal experience"

Stann: *chuckle* "heh, yes I do".

He's referring to Stann vs Wanderlei, a fucking war of a fight.

Stann had Wandy hurt and over-committed to a finish, Wandy caught him flush with a counter and TKO'd Stann.

brentech

Was watching a movie with my wife at the start of the card.
Catching up, just finished Correia fight. Bummed it ended in a draw. Bethe seems like a real shit bag and I relish any time she doesn't get the W though.

Chumley

Banned
Anik is an asshole, lol.

Stann: "It's hard to stay patient when you have your opponent hurt"

Anik: "Yes, you know that from personal experience"

Stann: *chuckle* "heh, yes I do".

He's referring to Stann vs Wanderlei, a fucking war of a fight.

Stann had Wandy hurt and over-committed to a finish, Wandy caught him flush with a counter and TKO'd Stann.

I caught that too lol.

Top Bottom