• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, this entire thing was thought through very well. People are going to fight even safer to get their number of fights up, not exciting to get eyes and sponsors on them. Even Brendan Schoob said he made 100k per fight in sponsorships. Dana a friends will be lining their pockets.

MjFrancis

Great to hear, even if he is over the hill and long since been relegated to the MMA retirement circuit. Now he can get back to getting paid...

Donald Cerrone: "I'll be losing $60k per fight with the Reebok deal."

Per fight he'll be losing $20k more than the highest tier will be paid.
Oh, that's right. The Reebok deal.

Yeah, this entire thing was thought through very well. People are going to fight even safer to get their number of fights up, not exciting to get eyes and sponsors on them. Even Brendan Schoob said he made 100k per fight in sponsorships. Dana a friends will be lining their pockets.

The whole thing feels like Dana and co. taking the short term money over the long term health of the ufc. Maybe they see the writing on the wall and realize the ufc is falling further and further into a niche and just want to get as much money out of it as they can? It just seems really short sighted, but then again Dana ain't exactly a visionary.

The whole thing feels like Dana and co. taking the short term money over the long term health of the ufc. Maybe they see the writing on the wall and realize the ufc is falling further and further into a niche and just want to get as much money out of it as they can? It just seems really short sighted, but then again Dana ain't exactly a visionary.
"Every single penny is going to the fucker fighters. You know. This is fucking Reebok, the NFL of apparel."

Guru-Guru

Banned
Man, even with all the changes, 187 looks like it will be a pretty good card. Prelims should be decent too. I guess we gotta enjoy the final cards before that new drug policy kicks in...

scabro

Everytime this thread updates I'm assuming that's the reason.

Or Rumble broke his ribcage under one of those walking around weight ladies.

aeu0Z4C.jpg

dont hate, friend

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Rumble's smile in that photo is the greatest thing about it.

And if Weidman isn't injured right now it's because he's been told to fight while injured. Expect excuses when the Tamofixen-enhanced Vitor wins the MW belt and immediately retires.

I think we're in the clear for that. I'd rather place my bets on Velasquez getting hurt again. He has 1 month to get himself fucked up.

If Cain is injured then he needs to be stripped of the title immediately. His second-most-recent fight was two years ago and there have been 21 numbered UFC events since his last fight. That and I always find it funny that he's only fought 2 guys in the last five years.

Hell I'd go one further and say that if he's injured again then he should retire. It's going to be hard to be an explosive wrestler with no knees, and even harder to be a relentlessly fast striker with no shoulders. But with the new Reebok deal it looks like Cain will need that promo money from doing 100 bullshit leg extensions on some YouTube videos amirite?

The HW division looks extremely desolate right now.

If Cain wins then the only game in town would be either Miocic or Arlovski (if he beats Travis Browne). But as Cain will probably get injured then there's a good chance of Miocic vs. Browne/Arlovski for the interim title.

If Werdum wins then the division will be blown wide open, with Werdum vs. Arlovski (if he beats Browne) probably his first title defence. If Browne wins then I see Werdum vs. Miocic.

Either way, the UFC needs to focus on developing the HW division. That and I hope they're getting the paperwork and contracts ready for Overeem vs. Dos Santos. Because at this point it's the only fight that would make contender material out of either guy.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
If you go by the Fightmatrix rankings Werdum is the number one HW in the world because their system doesn't count people who haven't fought in over 450 days.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
The HW division would be saved if Dana just called Coker up and asked for the Russians. It's not as if Bellator's doing anything good with them. That and try to get Blagoi Ivanov from WSOF.

Lazyslob

Banned
i hate vitor i hope he breaks his leg like anderson and gets knocked the fuck out somehow at the same time and then slips on a banana peel on his way out of the octagon. then someone shaves his stupid hair and eyebrows while he is sleeping. vitor is a stain

MjFrancis

Cain has looked much better before.

I'm pretty optimistic for Vitor Belfort's chances against Chris Weidman though. He may not be on TRT anymore but whatever else he got his hands on seems to be doing okay by him.

pixelation

i hate vitor i hope he breaks his leg like anderson and gets knocked the fuck out somehow at the same time and then slips on a banana peel on his way out of the octagon. then someone shaves his stupid hair and eyebrows while he is sleeping. vitor is a stain

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Heel

"I'm not an endocrinologist, but..." The Chris seems to have very high epitestosterone, resulting in a Bones-like T/E ratio.

scabro

"I'm not an endocrinologist, but..." The Chris seems to have very high epitestosterone, resulting in a Bones-like T/E ratio.
multivitamins and prayer have strange effects on the body, friend

god and vitamin supplements work in equally mysterious ways

Top Bottom