• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I thought it was 3 years for PEDs

CFEKCjbVEAAflRh.jpg:large

Sean

Banned
Lightweight division is in shambles right now.

Champ Dos Anjos, Pettis (#1), Khabib (#3), Henderson (#7), Jury (#9), Green (#11), Iaquinta (#13) are all injured. Alvarez (#4) too I believe. Melendez (#5) is suspended one year for juicing. Cowboy sidelined as he waits for his title shot. Masvidal (#15) moved up to welterweight.

There's only three fights scheduled (Thomson v Ferguson, Barboza vs Felder, Johnson v Dariush) and those will probably fall through too.

-MD-

Lightweight division is in shambles right now.

Champ Dos Anjos, Pettis (#1), Khabib (#3), Henderson (#7), Jury (#9), Green (#11), Iaquinta (#13) are all injured. Alvarez (#4) too I believe. Melendez (#5) is suspended one year for juicing. Cowboy sidelined as he waits for his title shot. Masvidal (#15) moved up to welterweight.

There's only three fights scheduled (Thomson v Ferguson, Barboza vs Felder, Johnson v Dariush) and those will probably fall through too.

Iaquinta is fighting next week.

Ya well that happens when you run a schedule like this:

• UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor Jul 11, 2015
  • The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale Jul 12, 2015
  • UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Duffee Jul 15, 2015
  • UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Leites Jul 18, 2015
  • UFC on Fox: Dillashaw vs. Barão 2 Jul 25, 2015
  • UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia Aug 1, 2015
  • UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Saint Preux Aug 8, 2015

TheChits

Wow

Razdek

Banned
I wish nothing good for Faber or Team Alpha Male and wish they'll just be gatekeepers of their divisions. Hope Mendes loses and becomes forever in title limbo never to have a shot ever again. He can main event fight pass or whatever.

VASPER

Banned

I gagged a little after seeing this. What a lineup

dream

Only fights I give a shit about in that stretch are Mir vs. Duffee and Ronda. Not sure what that says about me.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn it, gil.

he always seemed so honest in his interviews, and he always brings his dad to his fights.

not to mention his fight with eddie was freakin terrible and that was with whatever he took.

shit, i'm a big fan of him. he should join shields in whatever crap organization he fights in now.

Fitts

Only fights I give a shit about in that stretch are Mir vs. Duffee and Ronda. Not sure what that says about me.

That you're weird for giving a shit about Ronda crushing another can.

I'm down for all of those fights besides Ronda and the TUF finale.

iddqd

Giblert's dad bod made me feel so safe and secure.
That he would pop destroys my "if they look like an action figure..." scientific approach to knowing who cheats.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Giblert's dad bod made me feel so safe and secure.
That he would pop destroys my "if they look like an action figure..." scientific approach to knowing who cheats.
At this point I just assume that every MMA fighters is on some sort of PED (or combo) and passing drug tests just means they were competent enough to cycle properly, etc.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
At this point I just assume that every MMA fighters is on some sort of PED (or combo) and passing drug tests just means they were competent enough to cycle properly, etc.

Agreed, it's pretty obvious Fedor and GSP are the only clean champions we've ever had.

FUME5

"Give us $200,000 are you have to relinquish these belts that nobody cares about anyway"

Makes sense. Considering Floyd has 1 maybe 2 fights left it'd be a complete waste of money. He doesn't need any belts at this point to validate himself or sell PPVs.

Yeah, but 200 grand from a 200 mil payday is a pittance.

Yeah, but 200 grand from a 200 mil payday is a pittance.

But he gains literally nothing from having the belts. Nobody even knows or knew he had those belts outside of hardcore fighting fans. I'd rather just have the $200,000. Floyd would probably rather wipe his ass with that money, or drop it on some D2 college basketball game bet, than give it to the commission.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But he gains literally nothing from having the belts. Nobody even knows or knew he had those belts outside of hardcore fighting fans. I'd rather just have the $200,000. Floyd would probably rather wipe his ass with that money, or drop it on some D2 college basketball game bet, than give it to the commission.

It sounds like such a great deal though. Give up those two belts from a higher weight class and pay us for this belt you'll never defend. In return, you get...to pay us.

FUME5

It sounds like such a great deal though. Give up those two belts from a higher weight class and pay us for this belt you'll never defend. In return, you get...to pay us.

Hah, fair enough, just struck me as strange that with a fighters ego and money to burn he wouldn't have held on to it.

Ryan Jimmo, Brian Ebersole, Diego Lhima, Justin Edwards, Jessica Rakoczy, Hatsu Hioki, and 8 fighters I never heard of were cut today.

IT'S TIIIIIIIIIIME to watch UFC 5. UFC 4 was OK, if only for Dan Severn and Al Snow looking like the oddest couple. dream was right, it was really amusing watching Dan Severn actively refuse to actually hit anyone. He'd just grab people and hug them to death, I'm guessing he was a little naughty and rubbed his mustache against them a bit too to REALLY irritate the skin.
Also it was interesting to see Guy Mezger's name appear so early, even if he didn't appear on the actual main card. Finally, I miss Jim Brown.

Top Bottom