• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

ZeroRay

Flunkie said:
Every single game now - people are either talking about the hack or are doing the hack.

Great.

Shit. And I was planning to get back into the game. Hopefully IW fixes it, but I don't know seeing how close MW2 is to release.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ZeroRay said:
Shit. And I was planning to get back into the game. Hopefully IW fixes it, but I don't know seeing how close MW2 is to release.

4 months away plus there will still be people playing CoD4 post MW2 release...it's not like CoD4 will be dropped outright as long as the servers are up IW should fix these game breaking glitches.

I expect them to get on it...especially as I think they will have another of their "double experience" days/weekends/week just before MW2 is released...

endlessflood said:
The current hack is different, you copy your save file to a USB stick, take it to a computer, and edit it (basically just add a few different arguments/parameters) in a text editor. Then copy it back to your PS3 and you've got god mode and the ability to fly. I've seen the full instructions posted on another board. There's some shenanigans with turning your controller off and then on again but it looks pretty straightforward. It needs to be patched pronto.
This has been done right after the game is out. It's been done before.

gibonez

Banned
tuco11 said:
COD5 Maps > Cod4 maps.

I kinda agree with you. Cod5 maps were good at least the ones without tanks were.

The tank maps were absolutely terrible.

Cod 4 had some terrible maps though.

Ambush - Mediocre map seemed almost too linear.
Bloc - Just terrible sorry.
Bog - Terrible too linear
Broadcast - Just a bad map
Chinatown - Perhaps the 2nd worst map in cod 4
Creek - Terrible map
Wetwork - Worst map in any game I have played, seriously its that bad.
Showdown- Really terrible map, most games end up with me running around with an mp5 around the map like a race horse.

Now for the good maps.

Crash- Hands down my favorite map this gen, this map offered so many options and ways to flank people while providing perfect structure for all player types, this map also had excellent sniper positions.

Strike- Excellent map almost every game ended up being different , good sized map allowed the player to plan his attack.

Vacant - Sweet CQC map with lots of ways to flank.

Pipeline - Awesome map, the underground tunnel provides the player a great sneaky way of traveling across the map to a new position.

Overgrown - Exellent map with lots of great buildings and sniper positions.

Crossfire & District - Great maps.

Mogg0

Banned
COD5's maps were superior to COD4's, in my opinion. Far more detailed and thought-out.

My favourite?

Seelow - Fantastic for sniping or tank-work. It's massive and has a perfect little atmosphere with lots of small houses, tunnels, platforms and sniper spots.

Castle - A map that offers alot of variety. There's two terrific sniping positions if you are good enough but they are both constantly under attack. Multi-leveled and with back alleys and entrances all over the place and a very interesting choke point underneath the central sniping tower. Love it.

endlessflood said:
The current hack is different, you copy your save file to a USB stick, take it to a computer, and edit it (basically just add a few different arguments/parameters) in a text editor. Then copy it back to your PS3 and you've got god mode and the ability to fly. I've seen the full instructions posted on another board. There's some shenanigans with turning your controller off and then on again but it looks pretty straightforward. It needs to be patched pronto.

Shit... I was very late to the MW party - only having picked up the game yesterday. I really liked what I have seen of MW2 and wanted to test the waters before hand. My first 3 games of mp had guys in there doing this. Not exactly the warmest welcome to the game (and I can't stand the sp). Kill cam shows me getting killed 5 times in a row by a guy flying all over the map who can't take any damage...

DoomGyver

Yeah the hack is completely game breaking. They can fly through everything and shoot you whenever. But I swear they're invincible while they're flying and can only kill you when they come out of the hack (right behind your back) and then they seem to be right back into the hack after they kill you.

People also found a way to hide in crates and shipment containers. They can shoot you but you can't shoot them.

Is this hack mostly prevalent on the PS3 version?

I've been playing CoD4 on the 360 for awhile, pretty consistently as of late, and I haven't seen any hacks like what some of the previous posters are talking about.

I play lots of Headquarters and Domination.

sinnergy

Dolla Dolla said:
Is this hack mostly prevalent on the PS3 version?

I've been playing CoD4 on the 360 for awhile, pretty consistently as of late, and I haven't seen any hacks like what some of the previous posters are talking about.

I play lots of Headquarters and Domination.

As far as I know there is no hack for X360.

Kibbles

11avjnk.gif

6en0a1.gif

soultron

Banned
Foxtail said:
Pretty insane looking, it seems a bit more real and more tactile than COD4. SO long as they have multiplayer achievements I'm there.
MP achievements ruin MP games. Ever played RSV? Ever had guys ask you, "hey, this is an achievement room. SmokeDouche187 has this entire round to kill us all and extract the hostage in less than 3 minutes. Wait your turn and you can do it to get the achievement too." Not much of an "achievement" if there are guys being lined up to be shot over and over in rooms like that.

Sorry, but you're going to have to get that shit out of my MW2. I thought people didn't care about gamerscore anymore?

ShogunX

soultron said:
MP achievements ruin MP games. Ever played RSV? Ever had guys ask you, "hey, this is an achievement room. SmokeDouche187 has this entire round to kill us all and extract the hostage in less than 3 minutes. Wait your turn and you can do it to get the achievement too." Not much of an "achievement" if there are guys being lined up to be shot over and over in rooms like that.

Sorry, but you're going to have to get that shit out of my MW2. I thought people didn't care about gamerscore anymore?

People have adopted a more subtle approach these days. A few people on my friends list constantly remind everyone how gamerscore means nothing and its all just a waste of time.

Few days later there playing Avatar.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shogun PaiN said:
People have adopted a more subtle approach these days. A few people on my friends list constantly remind everyone how gamerscore means nothing and its all just a waste of time.

Few days later there playing Avatar.
Yep, same on PSN. Some dude's been saying trophies ain't worth the time, then the next day:

qtbnWIshV.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
soultron said:
Some people have kids. That's the only thing I can chalk those games up to.
And they take less than 4 hours to platinum... hmm. Coincodence, definitely.

Yoshichan

Dark Stalkers said:
Bound in Blood is a solid game.
Heh, talking about the Montana game of course. Didn't feel like cropping the pic.

soultron said:

I agree. I loved hearing "Hey guys. Want to do some achievements?" while playing Halo 3 Lone Wolves over and over back in the day.

The challenges in CoD4 multi player were more than enough for me. No need for achievements.

ILOVEASIANS said:
I agree. I loved hearing "Hey guys. Want to do some achievements?" while playing Halo 3 Lone Wolves over and over back in the day.

The challenges in CoD4 multi player were more than enough for me. No need for achievements.

One hundred and twenty three percent correct.

Aladuf

Banned
Full Recovery said:
Yeah the hack is completely game breaking. They can fly through everything and shoot you whenever. But I swear they're invincible while they're flying and can only kill you when they come out of the hack (right behind your back) and then they seem to be right back into the hack after they kill you.

People also found a way to hide in crates and shipment containers. They can shoot you but you can't shoot them.
That shit got out of hand in our game on Wet Work last night, that match was the worst experience with that hack because it was easily 3-4 people on each team hiding in shipment containers and on top of those high poles in the middle of the map. Hopefully it gets patched.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yay, tonight I've beaten MW's campaign for the first time ever despite having the game since the day I've bought my 360... :)

This Arcade mode thing looks pretty cool, I wish that the achievement were there for this mode instead of the usual sp story mode.

Also, I thought you could play MW's campaign in split-screen co-op? All I'm gettin' is the competitive multiplayer maps, am I doing it wrong?

Kuno said:
Shipment (ridiculous. it gets skipped almost every time, so I'm not the only one who feels that way)

OMG you are straight insane. I beg and plead to the Gods to have this map come up. This map is very unique and beautiful in it's own way. The only people who bitch about this map are people who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio. I've never... ever seen this map get veto'd and I've been playing the game since launch. But, I've only seen this map on HQ.

Shipment is by far one of my favorite maps in the game.

DigiMish

What? Are you serious? In all my time of playing MW (I'm prestige 3), I've never had Shipment come up.

I played it like once with my friends for lolz and that's it. Worst map in MW by far. Too cramped to be fun.

OldJadedGamer said:
OMG you are straight insane. I beg and plead to the Gods to have this map come up. This map is very unique and beautiful in it's own way. The only people who bitch about this map are people who are overly concerned with their K/D ratio. I've never... ever seen this map get veto'd and I've been playing the game since launch. But, I've only seen this map on HQ.

Shipment is by far one of my favorite maps in the game.
Shipment is such an awesome map, and a great change in pace. I still remember the first time a friend and I ran across this map, it was amazing.

The only map I have a problem with is Creek.

Asmodai

Banned
DigiMish said:
What? Are you serious? In all my time of playing MW (I'm prestige 3), I've never had Shipment come up.

I played it like once with my friends for lolz and that's it. Worst map in MW by far. Too cramped to be fun.

Shipment can be fun with friends. The close in combat lets you literally storm the enemy team and run over them in about 30 seconds.

Also great map for sniping. You can set up in the bridge and snipe the opposing super structure while the stairways are protected by claymores.

Saiyu

One thing I hope they fix is no-scoping with a sniper - god knows how many times I tried to find out how to do the "g-shot" or whatever the hell it was. I remember people who could do it were notorious in keeping the secret, and no that tutorial on youtube never helped - I could hit a guy out of scope halfway across the map but not five feet in front of me....ya okay.

Either make it 100% accurate or take out the exploit/glitch/whatever.

soultron

Banned
Asmodai said:
Shipment can be fun with friends. The close in combat lets you literally storm the enemy team and run over them in about 30 seconds.

Also great map for sniping. You can set up in the bridge and snipe the opposing super structure while the stairways are protected by claymores.
You're probably thinking of Wetworks.

Shipment is a very small map. I'd estimate it's a 10mX10m box. It's the one with all of the shipping containers, chain link fences bordering the perimeter, and literally an enemy everywhere you look.

SolidEyeSystem said:
Shipment is such an awesome map, and a great change in pace. I still remember the first time a friend and I ran across this map, it was amazing.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as a change of pace as well. It's great for what it is, a small, short range, chaotic map.

DoomGyver

I hope they change how you can shoot through every fucking thing. I'm sorry, but nothing but that 50 cal sniper should be able to shoot through a cement road barrier. Or even a steal light pole, that shit is just ridiculous.

And shooting through walls should be significantly less accurate that what it is now.. unless you're shooting through glass or drywall.

DigiMish

Usually, when it was only me and my friends, we would just play on the office or that training stage map that was DLC. The training stage is pretty intense for 1v1's.

Creek was pretty meh, and that Asian townsquare was alright as far as DLC goes. Can't compare to WaW maps because I never played the game.

DigiMish said:

I'm in the middle of Prestige 8 right now. It only comes up in certain game types. Play HQ and you'll see it pop up. I can't even explain how much fun it is. It's so frantic. If you try to play it like a regular map or are too concerned with your K/D ratio, you will hate it.

If you play it for what it is, you can have a lot... a LOT of fun on it and the first time you break 100 kills it's a great feeling.

Saiyu said:
One thing I hope they fix is no-scoping with a sniper - god knows how many times I tried to find out how to do the "g-shot" or whatever the hell it was. I remember people who could do it were notorious in keeping the secret, and no that tutorial on youtube never helped - I could hit a guy out of scope halfway across the map but not five feet in front of me....ya okay.

Either make it 100% accurate or take out the exploit/glitch/whatever.

I remember reading about it.

It's so stupid it's ridiculous. Basically what you do is get a piece of tape and put it on your tv. Aim with one of your guns with red dot site and make a mark on the tape where the dot is. Then you can no-scope everyone.

Of course I ain't sticking no tape on my plasma tv though, lol.

Know someone who did this though. He never took the tape off, even when he was watching tv :lol

MotherFan

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm in the middle of Prestige 8 right now. It only comes up in certain game types. Play HQ and you'll see it pop up. I can't even explain how much fun it is. It's so frantic. If you try to play it like a regular map or are too concerned with your K/D ratio, you will hate it.

If you play it for what it is, you can have a lot... a LOT of fun on it and the first time you break 100 kills it's a great feeling.

Indeed. It won't come up in FFA or Ground War, but I have seen in in Domination and HQ. It's a good break to get a ton of kills up but for the tactical missions...I have not seen the middle HQ taken very often. Just luck if it does.

Nizz

AzRim904 said:
ok after all of this footage and COD talk I went back to play after a week or so... looks like they hacked COD4 on the PS3 since I saw guys flying around in several maps, and my friends told me it just started recently...

what the hell happened?? that is going to kill the game for me until MW2 comes out...
Shit. Seeing this MW2 footage has me wanting to go back to COD4. But if the game's been hacked on PS3, I might as well not bother. :(

soultron said:
Yep. I think I might hook up my 360 now and kick back if anyone else wants to join a little early.

If I wasn't at work, I'd be right there with ya.

What modes do you prefer? I'm big on Domination and HQ, but don't mind dilly-dallying in other modes.

Top Bottom