• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

Same details as the gamespot piece but I'll post anyway.

GC 2009: Modern Warfare 2 Preview
Running and gunning in the special ops mode.
by Charles Onyett

August 19, 2009 - One of the biggest games of this holiday season, Infinity Ward's follow-up to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, was shown off in a behind-closed-doors session at Gamescom 2009 this year, with a focus on the co-op special ops mode. From the main menu of the game you get single player, multiplayer, and special ops, which for Infinity Ward indicates special ops is just as important a mode as the other two. It's a completely separate mode, meaning it doesn't link with the others for unlocks or anything like that, and in it you've got the option to play split screen locally, solo, or online with a friend.

The mode is broken into different groups of missions, and for the demo in the Charlie group called Breach and Clear which is meant to be a high-intensity but brief segment of gameplay in the vein of something like the mile high club in Call of Duty 4. Regular, hardened, and veteran difficulties are available, and you earn stars by completing the mission on each difficulty setting, with veteran earning you three. These stars are then used to unlock more special ops missions. The Charlie group is the third group of missions, so they're more difficult, so the Infinity Ward player set it to regular.

The objective in breach and clear is simply to survive and make it to the end point of the level. There's a section in the beginning you can choose from a few different weapons strewn about on the ground, reminiscent of Left 4 Dead. After a red dot scope assault rifle was chosen, a charge was placed on a wall and the action kicked into gear. An explosion busted apart the wall and a slow motion effect took over to give the player a better look at the initial guards. Firing grenades from the launcher mounted under the gun, the slow motion effect wore off as enemies poured into what seemed to be a shower room that looked almost identical to the one from The Rock. Enemies took cover on the ground behind walls and fired from a balcony above, with laser sights making their line of sight more obvious.

Also in the stage was a riot shield, which could be picked up and used as mobile cover to enter into crowded rooms. It could also be used as a melee weapon, bumping into enemies to stun them, and slamming into them again to knock them out for good. Stun grenade detonations and melee knife kills rounded out the fight.

Then the demo player dropped down a hole in the floor and the stage was over. A stat screen showed the total run time had been two minutes, 20 kills were made, and the demo was over. While Infinity Ward isn't yet saying how many missions are being included in the game, it seems like there'll be quite a few. Unfortunately no details were made available concerning the rest of the single-player campaign or multiplayer, so we'll have to wait for more.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/101/1015608p1.html

Kibbles said:
Behind closed doors? Why the hell was 402 hyping this up if we aren't going to see it? Wow...

He didn't "hype it up" at all. In fact he downplayed the Gamescon by saying there would be no beta announcement. All he said was the game would be there at the show which some games aren't even. He didn't even attend the show.

Tomcat

The Final Word on the MW2 Beta Plan:

I wanted to clarify the supposed "news" coming out of GameCom this morning regarding no MW2 Beta.

First, nothing has technically changed by this news. As I've told you many times in the past, expect no Public Beta unless we announce otherwise. That is still the case. We would never say something as definitive as "No Beta Ever!" as that's simply not how we work. We'll do an internal beta, if we feel a public one is needed, we'll explore that route as well.

It is true that we have not announced a Public Beta for MW2, and that remains true unless I announce otherwise.

However, while no Public Beta is currently announced we do plan on running an extensive Closed Beta among Infinity Ward, Activision, and possibly 1st party partners worldwide. The internal beta will allow us all the benefits of a public beta test without the impact it takes on the time required to prep, distribute, & manage a public beta during this crucial time in development.

Remember, Multiplayer has been in development since Day 1 of working on Modern Warfare 2, and this is the essential run up to launch when we’re playing everyday, hammering away on it to make sure it’s as polished as can be by launch. As always, our internal QA team has daily multiplayer tests in addition to company-wide nightly MP tests we hold from the moment MP is in a running state throughout development.

Once the internal beta is completed, if for any reason we feel we didn't receive the feedback, address the issues, or have the result we expect. We would consider pushing forward with a public one, however at this point only an internal Closed Beta is planned.

That said, any fears that no Public Beta will result in any quality loss in the final multiplayer game is completely unfounded; Multiplayer has always been and will always remain a major focus for the team at Infinity Ward and we would never ship a product we didn’t feel lived up to the high standards we hold ourselves to.

While we love public betas for all the obvious reasons, an internal Closed Beta allows us the extra freedom and flexibility to give the entire multiplayer a chance to be widely beta tested without requiring excess development time simply to prep the game for public release instead of an internal beta test which is ran on dev kits / test kits. That fact alone, allows us to have a smoother and faster process of iteration when addressing issues and pushing fixes out to beta participants.

This decision allows us to deliver a more polished experience, which in the end, is what we all want.

Stay informed on Multiplayer

Don't worry. We'll be filming plenty of Multiplayer videos for you to get a glimpse of new perks, features, killstreak rewards, and other additions you can look forward to in Modern Warfare 2's Multiplayer. Keep an eye on our Twitter feed (@fourzerotwo) for when we post new videos and subscribe to the Official Infinity Ward YouTube channel.

In addition to the official multiplayer videos and features we release, we'll be doing more and more multiplayer press from now until launch so you can get your fill of intel before jumping online day 1.

http://forums.infinityward.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77480

Ender A6

Neo Member
I'm guessing preorders slow because many of the preorders seemed to be fueled by the belief that it will get them a spot in the beta. I know a beta is still possible but it does seem less likely after what 402 said.

kuYuri

Magik said:
For me it was a way to help balance out the guns.

If it weren't for the BETA for MW1, the M4 Carbine would have been the most overpowered gun in MW1 by a mile. In the BETA it had the accuracy of the M16 along with its rapid-fire with barely any recoil.

I don't know about you but the M4 is still the most accurate full-auto assault rifle in the game with barely any recoil.

NullPointer said:
Not seeing the draw for this mode myself. No unlocks, no loadouts, and seems like small level chunklets.

Guess I was hoping for something more in the vein of GRAW co-op or Gears 2 Horde-ish gameplay.

Is that all there is to this mode or am I missing something?

After hearing 402 talk on the bonus round about how they view the different groups of the public and what they come to the game for it makes sense. And they always used Mile High Club as the descriptor which sort of gave a clue.

We'll see. I'm interested but I hope some of the missions are pretty difficult and throw a lot of people at you sort of using the balancing techniques of a survival mode. And that there are a decent number of them. Because that's what makes leaderboards cool for games like this. (If the mode has leaderboards that is.)

As far as the beta I'm glad he made the post although as usual I don't expect a beta no matter what. The issue is a bit more complex than I've always sort of posted about but still marketing, and promotion play into it somewhat from my experience.

Just a couple of quick questions to those of you who follow gaming news a little bit more in depth.

Does releasing a beta really effect the sales, I know it can have a positive impact if the game turns out better than expected, but I am talking here about mw2's case.

Another thing I was wondering about, the following has been tweeted by 402: ''Aiming our next Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer video for release next week. The focus will be on a new Perk that A LOT of you suggested! #MW2'', What could this be?

Nizar said:
Just a couple of quick questions to those of you who follow gaming news a little bit more in depth.

Does releasing a beta really effect the sales, I know it can have a positive impact if the game turns out better than expected, but I am talking here about mw2's case.

Another thing I was wondering about, the following has been tweeted by 402: ''Aiming our next Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer video for release next week. The focus will be on a new Perk that A LOT of you suggested! #MW2'', What could this be?

Betas on consoles are generally pre-order gimmicks or glorified demos. I'm exaggerating but there is a lot of truth in my statement. Many of them are too short or too close to launch to even really be considered true betas. They do have their uses though and some information is always gleamed from them so it is a helpful exercise even if it could be done better much of the time.

As far as sales a beta doesn't effect a game like MW 2. It's already a guaranteed hit. Betas probably work better for games that are trying to reach that next level of success. For instance the beta for COD 4 was well received and it just so happens that was the version of the game that went from being a good seller to a mega seller. So while it was helpful I'm sure, its probably a bit much to attribute that success to a beta.

As far as the video I have no idea. Most of the community in the IW forums seem to think it is a two attachment perk although I have no idea myself.

Stolen from the official forum.

402 Tweet said:
It's all coming together! Kevin McKidd, Craig Fairbrass, Barry Pepper, Keith David & Glenn Morshower's final voice work going into the game.

Craig Fairbrass

Character- Ghost
Movies,TV Shows- The Bank Job, The Terminator, The Unit, Far Cry, East Enders,
Other info- He was the voice of Gaz in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and is the voice of Ghost in MW2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0265492/

Barry Pepper

Character- Unknown
Movies/TV Shows- Saving Private Ryan (Pvt. Daniel Jackson-The Sniper), Protoype, Seven Pounds, We Were Soldiers, Dead Silence, Titanic, Knock Around Guys, Flags Of Our Fathers

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001608/

Kevin McKidd

Character- Soap MacTavish
Movies/TV Shows- Grey's Anatomy, Rome, GTA Vice City, North Square

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0571727/

Keith David

Character- Unknown
Movies/TV Shows- Platoon, Behind Enemy lines- Columbia, Saints Row 2 (Voice), Superhero Movie, Mass Effect (Voice), Halo 3 (Voice)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0202966/

Glenn Morshower

Character- Unknown
Movies/ TV Shows- Black Hawk Down , Mental, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Friday Night Lights, Delta Farce, Hostage, ER, Godzilla, 24, Pearl Harbor, Air Force One, Under Seige

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607703/

Modern Warfare 2: Texture Streaming
How important are graphics to you? Regardless of who wins in the endless ‘Graphics VS Gameplay’ argument, when you buy a new game, especially a direct sequel to a previous game, you have certain expectations of what that game should offer.

Innovation in gameplay, new features, new weapons, new maps, and of course, a leap in visual fidelity.

I’ve shown you some of the new innovations in gameplay (like the Customizable Killstreak Rewards video) and of course new weapons, perks, and levels within those videos; with more to come as we get closer to launch. Right now though, I wanted to take a look at the visual enhancements we’ve made to Modern Warfare 2.

A major component in the new engine tech that has the greatest impact on these enhancements is our new hi-res Texture Streaming functionality. Texture streaming allows our designers the freedom to make much larger environments, like the scene below, while also increasing the amount of detail on the characters, and environments in the vicinity of the player.

Take this screenshot that we released at GamesCom this week for example. Enlarge the screenshots to really see what I’m talking about here.

13yow8o.jpg

ENLARGE - Before & After Texture Streaming Comparison)

Notice the major difference on the character model in this shot, specifically the head of “Soap” MacTavish and the fabric texture of his uniform.

You can tell even more in this full version of the screenshot:

BELOW: View Full Screenshot with Hi-res Texture Streaming (Enabled)

15hcw7d.jpg

BELOW: Compared to Full Screenshot without Hi-res Texture Streaming (Disabled)

112bo6c.jpg

You can see how this new feature allows to us to further push the amount of detail we can add to our characters, their gear, and especially the environment thanks to the memory allotment improvements it provides. Allowing more space for weather effects, dynamic destructible objects, and other details that are just as crucial to the total immersion of the game.

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/08/20/modern-warfare-2-texture-streaming/

F#A#Oo

Banned
I have a £50 voucher...should I get Prestige edition?

Or I could just get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and part pay for Uncharted 2 also with the credit?

The latter is common sense...but I don't know why I'm attracted to the Prestige additions.. :( So stupid.

Tomcat

F#A#Oo said:

Or I could just get Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and part pay for Uncharted 2 also with the credit?

The latter is common sense...but I don't know why I'm attracted to the Prestige additions.. :( So stupid.

Buy the games

Ths week they are gonna release a new video. Lets hope its today.

I was kind of expecting a video today and then 402 tweeted this yesterday. (And on a side note sign of the times that we are now able to virtually stalk people via twitter)

Landed in Vegas. In town till Weds then back to Los Angeles only to return to Vegas again next Saturday. 2x Vegas could be lethal.

So now I'm confused. Of course he could always technically release it from anywhere or somebody at IW could.

BlinkGT

402 is not the only one IW guy who can upload a gameplay video, i guess. I really hope we'll have something today, can't wait anymore.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone having reservations about MW2?

The lack of beta, the way they hype up their trailers for a trailer really madly (we don't help either ofcourse :D). IW haven't been all that informative actually thinking about even after CoD4 was released. They trickle stuff out as if their a government dept.

Listening to ListenUp this afternoon really brought it home for me during their MW2 chat session. We wanted co-op and they have given us it but not what we wanted. Which sums up just how much listening IW do and have done really. It's interesting to hear that they plan on showing off things which they said they have listened to the community and have implemented in the game...

Since more and more co-op games have been released I have found it very difficult to make my way through single player FPS games solo (KZ2 most recently)...Gears of War 2 and L4D have really set the way to reinvigorating the single player experience for the player...the community shouted, demanded and cried for co-op and they seem to be giving us some de-formed Mile High Club-esque co-op...

I play CoD4 every night...I just can't see how they can better it...and I have some strange feeling I'm going to cherish my copy even more post-MW2 release.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I wonder if their use of texture streaming will actually save the PS3 version from low-resolution textures?

F#A#Oo said:

The lack of beta, the way they hype up their trailers for a trailer really madly (we don't help either ofcourse :D). IW haven't been all that informative actually thinking about even after CoD4 was released. They trickle stuff out as if their a government dept.

Listening to ListenUp this afternoon really brought it home for me during their MW2 chat session. We wanted co-op and they have given us it but not what we wanted. Which sums up just how much listening IW do and have done really. It's interesting to hear that they plan on showing off things which they said they have listened to the community and have implemented in the game...

Since more and more co-op games have been released I have found it very difficult to make my way through single player FPS games solo (KZ2 most recently)...Gears of War 2 and L4D have really set the way to reinvigorating the single player experience for the player...the community shouted, demanded and cried for co-op and they seem to be giving us some de-formed Mile High Club-esque co-op...

I play CoD4 every night...I just can't see how they can better it...and I have some strange feeling I'm going to cherish my copy even more post-MW2 release.

I didn't want nor care about co-op in the single player. I didn't expect a beta. My confidence level is the same as it has always been. I trust good developers and their track record more than I trust internet speculation. (Not aimed at you but just a general sentiment I thought I would mention)

The game will be the game. And it will be good or not based on the merits of the actual game. Not anything that happens before the game comes out. Although I very much understand the perfectly normal gamer desire to have information sooner rather than later.

F#A#Oo said:

Not everyone wants co-op in the main singleplayer part. I for one would hate it. I want a focused, scripted like hell and cinematic singleplayer experience. I dont' want a friend to talk into my ear, or have him screw up the scripting by getting to the trigger point before me or stuff like that.

To me, the solution IW has found is the better one. Since it allows them to make all the co-op fans get what they want, and those of us who wants to have a scripted and foucsed singleplayer experience, can have it.

Everyone wins.

And yes, the Spec-ops level shown behind closed doors at GC was a bit short. It took them around 2 minutes and 30 seconds to complete. But there will be 23 of them, and possibly more via DLC. So I'm more then happy with it. Especially since they are designed around replayability.

SMZC

F#A#Oo said:

Uhm... GOW and L4D are aimed at co-op. COD isn't. That's why you don't have co-op in MW2's campaign. If you can't enjoy playing single players games anymore, then too bad, but you can't expect game developers to please you instead of all the people who want a true single player experience.

Be glad you get a dedicated mode for co-op, which is infinitely better than a campaign that is only meant for single player with a co-op option tacked on (like WAW).

Eric WK

F#A#Oo said:

Not at all. I'm extremely annoyed with the way they've handled the release of information (it honestly comes off as arrogant), but that's about it. I'll take Spec Ops over story co-op hands down and the multiplayer will undoubtedly surpass COD4's by a good margin.

Quite frankly I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Eric WK said:
Not at all. I'm extremely annoyed with the way they've handled the release of information (it honestly comes off as arrogant), but that's about it. I'll take Spec Ops over story co-op hands down and the multiplayer will undoubtedly surpass COD4's by a good margin.

Quite frankly I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I think you sort of hit it on the head. People take the lack of release of information and get annoyed. Which is understandable. And then they sort of speculate in the mean time on random odd things in the place of information. Which is why it is to the benefit of IW or any dev to constantly sort of leak little information. It doesn't even have to be huge stuff. Just little things. If they did that every week or two weeks that would be much more preferable to monthly videos. Since it's been almost a month now since the last video. Hopefully 402 keeps his promise of more video/info etc.

Violater

No real reservations about the game.
All I need is COD4 with bigger maps, with all the new stuff being added is just icing on the cake. As long as grenades can't be spammed from one side of the map to the next it should be fine.
Will probably play the campaign once as it is so heavily scripted I wont have the urge to go through it again.

Though I would like to see 2 attachments as well, like Tomcat said it needs to take up a major perk slot to deter the acog scope/silencer campers. This is where Socoms gunlust shines though, famas silencer/front grip combo is godly.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Although I very much understand the perfectly normal gamer desire to have information sooner rather than later.

Yeah this pretty much is what it boils down to...

Those of you who agree with there not being single player co-op are you saying that because you truly believe it is the way to experience a CoD game or are you simply defending IW stance on co-op?

I can definately concur with the friend who trips a scripted event...as happened to me many times during many a co-op. :(

Other then an over-eager friend I can't see too many negatives tbh. I have many stories where me and a friend have shared an awesome gaming moment in a game and we'll talk about it with much fondness.

Eric WK

Stoney Mason said:
I think you sort of hit it on the head. People take the lack of release of information and get annoyed. Which is understandable. And then they sort of speculate in the mean time on random odd things in the place of information. Which is why it is to the benefit of IW or any dev to constantly sort of leak little information. It doesn't even have to be huge stuff. Just little things. If they did that every week or two weeks that would be much more preferable to monthly videos. Since it's been almost a month now since the last video. Hopefully 402 keeps his promise of more video/info etc.

Yeah. It's just silly. I think one could make the argument that Infinity Ward is sort of the Blizzard of the console space now (at least in terms of popularity - the sales figures of Call of Duty 4 are very similar to the subscription numbers for World of Warcraft), and yet there's an incredibly stark contrast in the way they handle this kind of thing. I mean, here we are probably ten to sixteen months from the release of the next Warcraft expansion and on the day it's announced fans already have a laundry list of information about it. I would argue that we know more about Diablo 3, which won't see release for two to three years most likely :'( than we do about Modern Warfare 2.

Two and a half months out from Modern Warfare 2 and we actually know very little. They announced the game with a teaser trailer, followed with a gameplay trailer and then a near-useless Game Informer feature. A "blowout" in which the only mention of multiplayer is that they have no information. Over the next three months we've had the E3 demo and an 80 second multiplayer video that really only revealed one or two things. I don't see why they can't couple something like that multiplayer video with a short article about the dozen things the community immediately begins speculating on.

In a lot of ways it's trivial and not worth getting pissed off about and I probably look like a whiny neckbeard for doing so, but I don't know any other high profile developers who handle their projects this way. Bungie doesn't handle things in this manner, Valve doesn't, Blizzard doesn't, and on and on. Obviously there's a bit of teasing and a constructed system of reveals, but at this point it's ridiculous. I said before that it came off as arrogant and it really does. They're just being manipulative and I'm not sure what the point is.

*goes back to playing Call of Duty 4*

(In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't directing any of that at you, Stoney. Or anyone else, for that matter.)

SMZC

Eric WK said:
Yeah. It's just silly. I think one could make the argument that Infinity Ward is sort of the Blizzard of the console space now (at least in terms of popularity - the sales figures of Call of Duty 4 are very similar to the subscription numbers for World of Warcraft), and yet there's an incredibly stark contrast in the way they handle this kind of thing. I mean, here we are probably ten to sixteen months from the release of the next Warcraft expansion and on the day it's announced fans already have a laundry list of information about it. I would argue that we know more about Diablo 3, which won't see release for two to three years most likely :'( than we do about Modern Warfare 2.

Two and a half months out from Modern Warfare 2 and we actually know very little. They announced the game with a teaser trailer, followed with a gameplay trailer and then a near-useless Game Informer feature. A "blowout" in which the only mention of multiplayer is that they have no information. Over the next three months we've had the E3 demo and an 80 second multiplayer video that really only revealed one or two things. I don't see why they can't couple something like that multiplayer video with a short article about the dozen things the community immediately begins speculating on.

In a lot of ways it's trivial and not worth getting pissed off about and I probably look like a whiny neckbeard for doing so, but I don't know any other high profile developers who handle their projects this way. Bungie doesn't handle things in this manner, Valve doesn't, Blizzard doesn't, and on and on. Obviously there's a bit of teasing and a constructed system of reveals, but at this point it's ridiculous. I said before that it came off as arrogant and it really does. They're just being manipulative and I'm not sure what the point is.

(In case it wasn't clear, I wasn't directing any of that at you, Stoney. Or anyone else, for that matter.)

I fully agree, this whole situation is ridiculous.

MP is the reason why most people are going to get MW2, and yet, at 2 and a half months away from release, we've only seen 40-50 seconds of actual MP footage. Seriously, what the fuck?

equap

Banned
F#A#Oo said:

don't waste your money on the Prestige edition, just get the regular game and Uncharted 2.

careful

Violater said:
Though I would like to see 2 attachments as well, like Tomcat said it needs to take up a major perk slot to deter the acog scope/silencer campers. This is where Socoms gunlust shines though, famas silencer/front grip combo is godly.
I'm assuming if it's really there, then it should take the spot of Stopping Power / Juggernaut.
I'm confident IW will keep things somewhat balanced.

Mr.Green

corkscrewblow said:
I'm obviously talking about auto-aim in online MP. It should at least be off in hardcore to keep away the noobs.

Well duh. Auto-aim is useless anyway. There's something deliciously ironic with you calling off "noobs", though.

Eric WK said:

I don't disagree with very much of this. It's frustrating. And mostly avoidable. People like routine and schedule. So if they were to every monday or every other monday release a few bits of information it would be nice. Even if it was small things. One small annoyance I had for instance was that I recently found out Host Migration was fixed in the first Modern Warfare port for the Wii which was probably my number one online gripe about COD 4 and COD WaW. The fact that I know its officially fixed in a port to MW1 is annoying when I don't officially know the same status in MW 2. So I definitely hear you. We have 77 days until the release of the game so hopefully they spend that time giving us the info.

F#A#Oo said:
Yeah this pretty much is what it boils down to...

Those of you who agree with there not being single player co-op are you saying that because you truly believe it is the way to experience a CoD game or are you simply defending IW stance on co-op?

I can definately concur with the friend who trips a scripted event...as happened to me many times during many a co-op. :(

Other then an over-eager friend I can't see too many negatives tbh. I have many stories where me and a friend have shared an awesome gaming moment in a game and we'll talk about it with much fondness.

It's not that I necessarily have a problem with them including co-op into the single player or people who want such a thing. For me it's sort of a personal stance that I give the dev the creative vision to create the experience they want with feedback from the community. I don't like the idea that a dev is simply a conduit to appease the most vocal segment of any community. If they say they feel they don't want to compromise their single player perhaps I'm naive but I sort of believe them. They've earned my respect in that regard. If they do a co-op I believe they really want to do a co-op right and not just throw in another guy in a game designed for single player.

This also comes from someone who is far more into the multiplayer portion of the game admittedly than the single player and didn't finish the COD SP until a year down the road. I think one day they will do co-op. I think they just want to do it for the right reasons with the right ideas with the right story.

SMZC

Stoney Mason said:
I don't disagree with very much of this. It's frustrating. And mostly avoidable. People like routine and schedule. So if they were to every monday or every other monday release a few bits of information it would be nice. Even if it was small things. One small annoyance I had for instance was that I recently found out Host Migration was fixed in the first Modern Warfare port for the Wii which was probably my number one online gripe about COD 4 and COD WaW. The fact that I know its officially fixed in a port to MW1 is annoying when I don't officially know the same status in MW 2. So I definitely hear you. We have 77 days until the release of the game so hopefully they spend that time giving us the info.

So, in MW Wii the match doesn't end when the host leaves?

I'm pretty sure this feature will be in MW2. It was probably one of the most requested features by the community, and IW knows that. But yes, it's ridiculously annoying that the only thing we have about MP is a video that only has 40 seconds of actual footage. I love your games, but seriously, fuck you Infinity Ward.

SMZC said:
So, in MW Wii the match doesn't end when the host leaves?

I'm pretty sure this feature will be in MW2. It was probably one of the most requested features by the community, and IW knows that. But yes, it's ridiculously annoying that the only thing we have about MP is a video that only has 40 seconds of actual footage. I love your games, but seriously, fuck you Infinity Ward.

I'm pretty sure this will be in there also but it's sort of the point that something like this shouldn't be a top secret. This is the sort of information you can give out even if you want to save a few surprises for release or very close to launch. And it appeases the community. I completely understand a marketing and release program. But a steady stream approach is better than a you will get all the info late approach.

All that being said I'm still crazy excited for the game and I expect it to be awesome. Of course it will have some flaws at launch like every multiplayer game does.

Minamu

Any word on there being any Veteran achievements? I seriously hope not. I'd take online achievements over that any day of the week even though those suck as well.

Top Bottom