• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Defuser said:
Get xlink,get planex/wifimax and we will take you beyond the surface faster. :p

Yeah, but then I have to buy one of those things and then dick around with it. I don't have a lot of time to play anyway. :p

Kyoufu said:
Is it? The media-install option on MHP2G is AMAZING. Instant zoning in the farm and in the areas. No doubt future PSP iterations will follow suit with it.

You have a PS3 don't you? The PSP<->PS3 tunneling feature should be awesome. I can finally stop using crappy Xlink.

Well, I'm mainly talking about the initial load, which is painful. Going from zone to zone is pretty fast via the memstick.

And yeah, I have a PS3, but I somehow doubt it's going to support MHF2 since it's starting with 2G. Plus, while I can read Japanese, I really hate Kanji and would probably use the existing English patch that's floating around. And I bet that won't work with the PS3 online network thingie. :p

Tenbatsu

If you guys observe carefully, that new water dragon is a reference to a crocodile (the face and mouth structure) and a sea serpent.

Anw the logo for those interested
mt43s6.jpg

Defuser

On close look with the pics,the meat model looks exactly the same which means they're still using MHP2G engine but with refinements to it.

Yup,MHP3 is obvious now :lol, would be released 6 months/ a year later after MH3.

Tenbatsu said:
If you guys observe carefully, that new water dragon is a reference to a crocodile (the face and mouth structure) and a sea serpent.

Anw the logo for those interested
mt43s6.jpg

Where did you find the stand-alone logo?

Defuser said:
I'm just sick of people talking things about MH like they're masters when they never play before.

I know traditional controls can changed but not the camera since it gives lots of advantage. Having camera lock is not an option,that's just my take but I'm sure some MH players would share the same view.
That's all fine and dandy but what has that to do with my post?

Anyways to recap: Someone asks for lock-on, you said lock-on is a no-go because you can't target specific parts of the monsters. I gave an example how lock-on could be realized without losing the ability to target specific areas. If lock-on is not an option because of different reasons then so be it.

Smiles and Cries said:
this game seems to have a deep hardcore fanbase why did Capcom move it to Wii?
The majority of the fanbase is on PSP and will be unaffected by the move to Wii.

edit:
The gfx look moody and everything but also very fuzzy, even at the small size. Really not that impressive imo, but of course seeing it in motion will give a better impression

I've played over fifty hours of MHF2 and I still think there should have been lock on, at least in terms of hitting monsters with paint balls. I will never change my opinion on this.

Tenbatsu

John Harker said:
This is going to be 4 players online on Wii?

I'm more curious to learn how that's going to play out than anything else at this point...
If you play PSO before it similar. You meet each other in lobbies, form a team and off you go.

Rancid Mildew said:
I'm still a bit worried that Wii controls will subtract from the experience. However, this is definitely a big technological leap from the PS2 and PSP iterations so that inspires a great deal of confidence.

I hope a DS version comes out. It'd be nice if there was some DS/Wii connectivity.
Dont worry, cooking meat using the Wii remote is good shit.

Defuser said:
I don't think it's new.

It's more like the uppercut swing from the previous mh games instead.(Tri + Cir)
Its new, its the hammer stance.....

Defuser

Phife Dawg said:
Anyways to recap: Someone asks for lock-on, you said lock-on is a no-go because you can't target specific parts of the monsters. I gave an example how lock-on could be realized without losing the ability to target specific areas. If lock-on is not an option because of different reasons then so be it.
Monster moves and attacks therefore rendering your lock on useless,don't expect to stay there being pummel by you, not to mention there's multiple parts to break.
Dragona Akehi said:
I've played over fifty hours of MHF2 and I still think there should have been lock on, at least in terms of hitting monsters with paint balls. I will never change my opinion on this.
How hard is it throw a paintball at a big monster?
Tenbatsu said:
If you play PSO before it similar. You meet each other in lobbies, form a team and off you go.

Dont worry, cooking meat using the Wii remote is good shit.

Its new, its the hammer stance.....
Actually the hammer charge animation stance is the similar as the GS upswing animation stance.

ShinNL

Defuser said:
I don't think it's new.

It's more like the uppercut swing from the previous mh games instead.(Tri + Cir)
Upswing doesn't go like that? The character keeps it low to the ground while moving it to the right and then swings upward. Haven't played for a while but that really doesn't look like the upswing.

Edit: just double checked: DEFINITELY not the upswing. It's a new move or a new animation.

Tenbatsu

Hero of legend said:
capcom15.gif

Look, that's found at the source of the stand-alone logo. Looks like a CGI render of that Sea Dragon if I'm not mistaken.
Good find!!

Dragona Akehi said:
No lock on as you are hunting monster, you dont have lock on in real life when ya hunting aninmals do ya? The game rely more on precision and timing more than any other games out there.

Are you able to help me to rename the thread to something like Update thread or something by taking out the official site up? Sorry for the trouble:(

Defuser

Soneet said:
Upswing doesn't go like that? The character keeps it low to the ground while moving it to the right and then swings upward. Haven't played for a while but that really doesn't look like the upswing.
I thought the same thing when you mention a new stance. But I realize both hammer and GS stance are nearly the same except it keep the animation static for the hammer charge.

ShinNL

Defuser said:
I thought the same thing when you mention a new stance. But I realize both hammer and GS stance are actually the same except it keep the animation static for the hammer charge.
Nah, I just checked. GS never goes back that far (and lifted).

Defuser

Soneet said:
Nah, I just checked. GS never goes back that far (and lifted).
Maybe it's a charged upswing perhaps?I can't think any new moves in this stance so a upswing with a charged feature looks logical.

ShinNL

Defuser said:
Maybe it's a charged upswing perhaps?I can't think any new moves in this stance so a upswing with a charged feature looks logical.
What makes it interesting is that it has a speed effect in that picture, like it's pulled back quickly. Upswing is quite slow at start up, so this makes me think it's a new move. Which I would totally welcome (an additional charge move? WWWWWWWWWWWW)

Tenbatsu

For your info:) These new dinosaurs (especially the top right one)
imjc53.jpg

took reference from Dilophosaurus
2re19xi.jpg

Do take a look at the famitsu scans where a hunter is fighting it.

Tenbatsu

Soneet said:
What makes it interesting is that it has a speed effect in that picture, like it's pulled back quickly. Upswing is quite slow at start up, so this makes me think it's a new move. Which I would totally welcome (an additional charge move? WWWWWWWWWWWW)
Guess you guys dont know about this but the game will have
- New moves for all weapons new or old
- New branching for all weapons/armors
- New movements for Hunters
- New movements for old monsters
- Monsters will not only have Normal, Angry and Weak status but a few more (Hunger might be one of them)
- Items you use react differently to different monsters eg. torch might scare some but attract some.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Tenbatsu said:
If you play PSO before it similar. You meet each other in lobbies, form a team and off you go..

I played the original PSO for dreamcast for like 75 hours, so it's not the concept I have concerns over... its the Wii infrastructure itself, heh

Defuser

Tenbatsu said:
Guess you guys dont know about this but the game will have
- New moves for all weapons new or old
- New branching for all weapons/armors
- New movements for Hunters
- New movements for old monsters
- Monsters will not only have Normal, Angry and Weak status but a few more (Hunger might be one of them)
- Items you use react differently to different monsters eg. torch might scare some but attract some.
I expected all of this since this is the trilogy. You don't think we just want just new maps and monster?That would be retarded. I'm expecting new weapon class as well.

The reason why you need lockon for paintballs is because I'd never fucking miss in real life, and the camera sucks so much ass that I go through at least three goddamn balls before hitting the monster.

PAINTBALL LOCK ON. HEAR ME CAPCOM?

Tenbatsu

John Harker said:
I played the original PSO for dreamcast for like 75 hours, so it's not the concept I have concerns over... its the Wii infrastructure itself, heh
It will be how the old Monster hunter were on the PS2. Anw as long as your console can get online its fine as the game have its own dedicated server.

Dragona Akehi said:
The reason why you need lockon for paintballs is because I'd never fucking miss in real life, and the camera sucks so much ass that I go through at least three goddamn balls before hitting the monster.

No, my paintball hit rate is close to 90%. There goes for my stones.

Tenbatsu said:
No, my paintball hit rate is close to 90%. There goes for my stones.

Well bully for you. It's a stupid design, and not one that is important for hitting a certain zone as it is with fighting. I totally agree that fighting should never have lock-on, but I'll never agree that paintballs and things that don't harm the monster shouldn't. It's retarded. :p

Defuser

Dragona Akehi said:

Never use left index finger for camera control? Besides, paintballs are overrated,you can acquire over 99 easily :p

If it bugs you so much then gem your armor with psychic gems for autotracking or use psycho serum. You never deal with paintballs again.

Tenbatsu

Dragona Akehi said:
Well bully for you. It's a stupid design, and not one that is important for hitting a certain zone as it is with fighting. I totally agree that fighting should never have lock-on, but I'll never agree that paintballs and things that don't harm the monster shouldn't. It's retarded. :p
Ho sorry, I forget that you are playing the PSP version, I got no problem with the PS2 ones.

Defuser

Tenbatsu said:
Ho sorry, I forget that you are playing the PSP version, I got no problem with the PS2 ones.
There's no difference. You still press square to throw anything that you're facing to.

Defuser said:
Never use left index finger for camera control? Besides, paintballs are overrated,you can acquire over 99 easily :p

If it bugs you so much then gem your armor with psychic gems for autotracking or use psycho serum. You never deal with paintballs again.

No I do use the MH "Claw" (index over the Dpad for camera), but it STILL sucks and is STILL bad design.

kassatsu

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Just get armor with the ability to see the monster...

Rathian set with a few jewels should get you +15.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Dascu said:
It's at Konami's booth together with Skies of Arcadia 2.
We're lucky Capcom isn't showing Castlevania Judgement. I want to pretend it doesn't exist.

sammy

I really hope the Tigrex and Nargakurga make it into this one. I'd love to have at those glorious wyverns on the big screen!

with 300+ hours put into MHF2nd, i can't begin to express how excited i am that Capcom is putting a lot of time into this one.

Top Bottom