• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri Official Site Updated

Luigiv

kafka rock opera said:
I guess maybe im alone in the fact i dont think any of this game can be spoiled. Ive always thought of spoilers are a story centric thing. Are we gonna set up some sort of list of all the gaf players once the game comes out? Maybe save the second post in the OP for it?
Well it's not the worst game to spoil but seeing monsters and environments for the first time is always a nice treat for those who didn't already see them all on the Monster Hunter Wiki, 9 months ago. Anyway, When the game launches I'll also start up an online match-up thread on the online board (that is what it's for you know) and link to it in the OP.

I just came back from the shop, bought a Wii Speak just for this game. I paid 30$ for the stand alone peripheral given that none of the games it is bundled with appeal to me. It'll be good to have an online meet up thread, then we can set up matches by continent and possibly even more specifically localised than that (pacific northwest yo). I haven't played any Wii games online outside of Mario Kart (that was two years ago?), so I have no real idea of what to expect with Tri.

Just played the demo on a friends house.

Pretty good, the first quest was very easy imo (comming from MHFU :lol ) but the second one, jesus... its not hard because the monsters, although havin that qurupeco and a rathian n the same screen and quropecco healing him doesnt help a lot, but I missed the 50 min time limit.

Does the game has a 50 min time limit like FU?

Also, the side steps moves for LS are a nice addition :p, does anyone know if there is any new move for hammer?

PusherT

So I went in to my local gamestop to pay my remaining balance on tri and come to find out when I pre ordered the game a month ago the stupid Gamestop girl put me down for the regular $50 sku. I'm glad I asked because I was pissed and i wanted the bundle, I want to play MH Tri with PS2 style controls using the the anlolg stick. I can do with nunchuck & wiimote though. Gaf you guys better be ready I want to hunt with some good players :D

ShinNL

Just be ready to not being able to play with 50% of the good players because Europe and US servers are split.

I also don't know how it's done with Australia. Will they group all PAL people together (so Europe + Australia) or will that split up as well?

I also wonder what will happen to people who import? I'm not too worried since I have the PAL version pre-ordered, but will US people play with Europeans who download import the US version (causing major lags)?

I hope the original interview was translated perfectly and the "yet" part remains true in the sense that "we can't play together yet" and them thinking of ways to eventually fuse everyone together.

PusherT

Soneet said:
Just be ready to not being able to play with 50% of the good players because Europe and US servers are split.

I also don't know how it's done with Australia. Will they group all PAL people together (so Europe + Australia) or will that split up as well?

I also wonder what will happen to people who import? I'm not too worried since I have the PAL version pre-ordered, but will US people play with Europeans who download import the US version (causing major lags)?

I hope the original interview was translated perfectly and the "yet" part remains true in the sense that "we can't play together yet" and them thinking of ways to eventually fuse everyone together.
Soneet your in Pal land? I watched your MH tri demo spree on Justin TV a few day back, it be a shame if my NSTC wii won't allow me to play with some good players. There going to be alot of newbies online and newbie mean 3 death and 3death mean no $$= me pissed I hope I get to play with you and Lugiov and other here on gaf I'm going to be bringing my bowgun and GS skills to the table. And I ant some people who know the fuck they are doing that shit is crucial in MH.:D

ShinNL

PusherT said:
Soneet your in Pal land? I watched your MH tri demo spree on Justin TV a few day back, it be a shame if my NSTC wii won't allow me to play with some good players. There going to be alot of newbies online and newbie mean 3 death and 3death mean no $$= me pissed I hope I get to play with you and Lugiov and other here on gaf I'm going to be bringing my bowgun and GS skills to the table. And I ant some people who know the fuck they are doing that shit is crucial in MH.:D
Ah cool that you've watched :)

But yeah, I'm from The Netherlands / Europe and Luigiv is from Australia. I already know I can't play with Americans/Canadians so I hope I can at least still play with Luigiv :(

Wait, are you from PAL land yourself? By NTSC Wii, do you mean you live in America or you just own an American/Japanese Wii?

Teknoman

Servers are split? Well thats messed up... I guess its because they are trying to make sure things stay lag free, thought people should still have regional or worldwide choice.

PusherT

Soneet said:
Ah cool that you've watched :)

But yeah, I'm from The Netherlands / Europe and Luigiv is from Australia. I already know I can't play with Americans/Canadians so I hope I can at least still play with Luigiv :(
You and Lugiov seem like your pretty cool and experienced in MH, Tenbetsu too but I think he has a JP wii. Who going to be on my American MH Tri gaf group then? Why can't you move to america damn you?:D It vital when online that I play with people who know sound stratergy and tactic in MH being that this MH is on Wii "new fanbase" going to be alot of newbies I won't be able to handle moster online when my teamate don't know when to bring cool drink for desert or bomb material and flashbug to for those flash bombs. I want to play with people who know "when that great jaagie is asleep plant your large bombs instead of of clow using a weak attack to wake it up". I want to play with gunners who know how to support a group etc.

PusherT

Teknoman said:
Servers are split? Well thats messed up... I guess its because they are trying to make sure things stay lag free, thought people should still have regional or worldwide choice.
This shit is fucked up first the online city get dropped from 10 to 4 and know I find out the servers are split. Its already bad enough we don't get to play with JP monster hunter player but not even Pal land player shittttt. Gaf is so international I may have trouble finding 3 good NA players here to go online with.

With some extra money I might be getting from my upcomming birthday, I might consider buying this game.

IDK Gaf. Does it look like it'll be worth it for an online wii game?

Haven't really played anything online on the wii since Mario Kart...

ShinNL

Galactic Quail said:
With some extra money I might be getting from my upcomming birthday, I might consider buying this game.

IDK Gaf. Does it look like it'll be worth it for an online wii game?

Haven't really played anything online on the wii since Mario Kart...
You bolded the Wii part so I assume you're worried about Nintendo's online system? Well, I have some good news for you: Capcom are hosting their own servers.

This means: no friend code system, keyboard chat, wii speak support. Yep, pedo heaven full normal communicative online as we know it. And unlike the JP version, it's free.

Best online game for the Wii? Best game for the Wii? Best online game, period? In my case, it probably will be :)

PounchEnvy said:
To all the NA MH newbs out there. Let's play together!

:) I've never played before, but I love the concept, from what i've heard. me and a friend of mine are both buying it and he hasn't played either, so hopefully all the noobs can band together.

btw, isn't it about time for an official thread? comes out in a little more than a week...

Teknoman

Im sure you wont have any trouble finding any decent NA Monster Hunters. GAF is international, but there are also alot of GAF.

And of course, theres the non-GAF NA Monster Hunter crowd. We all had to start out somewhere, and looking at MH, people learn new or improved tactics all the time. Just have fun with it.

PounchEnvy said:
To all the NA MH newbs out there. Let's play together!
You have my sword. And by sword i mean big ass hammer.

But i wanted to add that i think we should set up some sort of IRC or steamID group so we have somewhere where you can pop into to see if someone wants to play. I cant speak for everyone but i never check the online forum. Let me know if we do want to do this and i can try to set up the steam community but i dont know how to make an IRC :/

Teknoman said:
Im sure you wont have any trouble finding any decent NA Monster Hunters. GAF is international, but there are also alot of GAF.

And of course, theres the non-GAF NA Monster Hunter crowd. We all had to start out somewhere, and looking at MH, people learn new or improved tactics all the time. Just have fun with it.
Yeah really. I was able to solo up to HR8 in MHFU so I have at least a little skill.

But I have no qualms about playing with beginners. I'm actually looking forward to playing with and helping those new to the game. Like you said, have fun with it.

oracrest

Luigiv said:
Well it's not the worst game to spoil but seeing monsters and environments for the first time is always a nice treat for those who didn't already see them all on the Monster Hunter Wiki, 9 months ago. Anyway, When the game launches I'll also start up an online match-up thread on the online board (that is what it's for you know) and link to it in the OP.

We can try setting up a weekly/daily time or whatever for all the Gaffers, similar to what we did for Unite:

mh2.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The game is coming out next week right? Damn, i need to finish Red Steel 2 before it's out. :lol

kafka rock opera said:

But i wanted to add that i think we should set up some sort of IRC or steamID group so we have somewhere where you can pop into to see if someone wants to play. I cant speak for everyone but i never check the online forum. Let me know if we do want to do this and i can try to set up the steam community but i dont know how to make an IRC :/

I have an IRC channel up already. It's not for Monster Hunter specifically, but it's just a small group of people who like video games in general. Me and a friend of mine in there are getting the game, so yeah. I feel weird about plugging it (don't wanna just exploit an opportunity to advertise my channel), but if people wanna use it to set up games and stuff, that's totally fine. Plus we could use the new members :lol

The network is irc.gamesurge.net and the channel is #vgworld. If you don't wanna set up an IRC client, you can use a browser based java client by following this link: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/vgworld

Again, sorry for the shameless plug, but hopefully people will at least get some use out of it. :[

edit: if you guys DO decide to pop in, feel free to say something or introduce yourself before leaving. we go through ups and downs of activity because i'm basically the only person who idles in there, but if you beep me by typing my name in, i'll probably be right there to talk to you. i've seen a few people come and go in the span of 30 seconds before i notice you've arrived so i can't say anything to ya. :lol

ShinNL

oracrest said:
We can try setting up a weekly/daily time or whatever for all the Gaffers, similar to what we did for Unite:

[/IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/oracrest/mh2.jpg[/IMG]
I like this idea since it doesn't force me to do anything in front of my computer if I decide to play my Wii.

Soneet said:
I like this idea since it doesn't force me to do anything in front of my computer if I decide to play my Wii.
Why do you hate your computer so much? While i think the idea of a weekly hunt night is cool. There needs to be a way for us to hop into an IRC/chat so we can set up hunts on the fly any time of day without countless "hey anyone want to play?" posts. Of course everyone doesnt have to conform to this but i think it will make things more seamless when we do try to get some hunts in. Im currently on autobzooty's IRC and they seem nice so far :) this is of course just my two cents.

Soneet said:

i kind of agree, but I think it'll be helpful to have a chatroom to organize matches in. if we had a Monster Hunter Mondays type of thing, it would get confusing to create groups if more than four people were playing at a time. a combination of both ideas would be the best, i think.

ShinNL

kafka rock opera said:
Why do you hate your computer so much? While i think the idea of a weekly hunt night is cool. There needs to be a way for us to hop into an IRC/chat so we can set up hunts on the fly any time of day without countless "hey anyone want to play?" posts. Of course everyone doesnt have to conform to this but i think it will make things more seamless when we do try to get some hunts in. Im currently on autobzooty's IRC and they seem nice so far :) this is of course just my two cents.
Because of all the TeamSpeak and Ventrilo beggars. I've sat in front of my PC to play Monster Hunter online for over a thousand hours (Kai) so I'm really sick of it. Any suggestion for something like that might be taken seriously, which will end up splitting up the community since I myself will definitely not be part of the "using PC while playing Wii" group.

I'm glad Capcom decided not to use the Friend Code system, allows Keyboard chatting and has Wii Speak support. I'm going to take full advantage of that and actually play my Wii online without a PC, unlike before which was impossible with the friend code system. This is how I personally feel about PC suggestions.

Soneet said:
Because of all the TeamSpeak and Ventrilo beggars. I've sat behind my PC to play Monster Hunter online for over a thousand hours (Kai) so I'm really sick of it. Any suggestion for something like that might be taken seriously, which will end up splitting up the community since I myself will definitely not be part of the "using PC while playing Wii" group.

I'm glad Capcom decided not to use the Friend Code system, allows Keyboard chatting and has Wii Speak support. I'm going to take full advantage of that and actually play my Wii online without a PC, unlike before which was impossible with the friend code system. This is how I personally feel about PC suggestions.

yeah, i hated using a PC to talk to people while i played brawl. but i think that a chatroom would mostly be used just to create groups, and then we could all migrate to the comfy couch and just stay there for the rest of the time. we don't need to stay at a computer to chat because of keyboard/wiispeak support, so it wouldn't be THAT bad. a lot of people dont have their computers in the same room as their Wiis, so i dont think we'd WANT to do that.

Icarus

How about freeconferencecall.com and a blutooth headset for voice chat? Everyone's got a mobile phone or land line with some sort of hands free solution, right?

sn00zer

I was wondering are any of the previous games worth buying if I dont do MP? Games always seemed really interesting (love the idea) but when hear its mostly MP it stops me from buying the PS2 versions.... also is there local MP in the PS2 versions?

gotee12

I Push Fat Kids said:
I'm there. My first MH experience. I also have Wii Speak.
I'm still looking for a cheap Wii Speak. After just buying a PSP & MHFU, MH3 next week, UFC 2010 next month and Transformers Battle for Cybertron in June... another $20 for a Wii Speak feels like it might as well be $200.

Tenbatsu

sn00zer said:
I was wondering are any of the previous games worth buying if I dont do MP? Games always seemed really interesting (love the idea) but when hear its mostly MP it stops me from buying the PS2 versions.... also is there local MP in the PS2 versions?
Single player mode is fun too but since the online is free now I don't see why you won't want to MP online. There is no local MP in PS2 versions.

Teknoman

kafka rock opera said:

Well theres the eternal GAF WFC IRC (used for all online Wii games). As for communication in game, Wii speak or USB keyboard should make sure no one is left out.

Poyunch

autobzooty said:
:) I've never played before, but I love the concept, from what i've heard. me and a friend of mine are both buying it and he hasn't played either, so hopefully all the noobs can band together.

btw, isn't it about time for an official thread? comes out in a little more than a week...
gotee12 said:
kafka rock opera said:

Sammy Samusu said:
n3ktfq.jpg

WOOT!

EIGHT DAYS BITCH! :D

Awesome we already have enough for a team and then some! :D

Sweet mother of god, it's right around the corner! I've been fighting back the desire to pop the demo back in for so long. I didn't want to spoil my appetite before the main course.

I'm a NA newb and I have wii speak. I shall bring my boomstick :D

Teknoman

Assuming you're not a jerk, expect your friends list to gradually grow. When opened, you can view each friend's current status and warp directly to them if they're online. This should make it easy for groups of friends to locate each other to start questing. It does seem like it's best to quest with people you know, since not everyone has Wii Speak or a desire to chat regularly, and you can never be sure if someone's just joining up to screw around. If someone does have Wii Speak hooked up, you'll be able to see it with an onscreen icon, and you can enable or disable mic chat as well as voice volume.

- IGN

I'm guessing Wii Speak is just open chat where available, friend or not.

Poyunch

Sammy Samusu said:
Animal Crossing Wii is open chat, you don't need to register a player so they can listen to you.
Well you do need to add a player to visit their town so does does it really make a difference? :lol

d0c_zaius

I've been waiting for this game for what seems like forever. There really hasnt been a legit US MH Online experience since part 1.

I'm sure its been mentioned, but anyone going to be using IM or vent instead of Wii speak? If so hit me up.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Wolves Evolve said:
SPOILER: There are monsters.

SPOILER: You hunt them.

SPOILER: It will be great.
Mutha trucka tag dat shit!

Me and a buddy at work are mighty pumped. Both got the silly chest edition preordered from GAME, and I just bought a replacement Wii (with a bunch of cool extras) on eBay.

This plus some Super SFIV on the side will be all the sofa gaming I need for a long, long time.

Top Bottom