• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations leaked (MHX)

whipihguh

Banned
CckHmEfWAAECN2P.jpg

So if this leak is legit, New 3DS will get SNES games, but still won't get any GBA games?

lol

:(

Man. I remember getting so excited when 4U was announced around this time in 2014 and did not come out till march 2015. Please please don't be the case this time.

whipihguh

Banned
It's OK, because half of the GBA library were SNES ports anyway

haha

:(

I'm actually kind of suprised Nintendo would even bother with SNES games at this rate, it's already so late in the 3DS's life that I figure they would wait until their next handhled for any major updates (like new console libraries)to the handheld VC. That among other things would've made me doubt this leak, but if MHG is the real deal, well...

Elija2

Should I remind you that in MH4U we got some exclusive DLCs in the west instead of the japan only ones?!

Nomura's armor was one of them.

EDIT: I think Street Fighter and Megaman were too.

It makes sense if Nintendo or Capcom use their IPs again to replace some Japan exclusive MHX DLC.

I actually didn't know that those were exclusive to the localized version. There goes my theory, but I can still hope!

bones123

FWIW:

I was told that the source behind this image is indeed legit. And from what I'm seeing nothing is outrageous.

Now: these could be just trailers for example, and Nintendo have trailers for every Nintendo Direct announcement afaik. There will still be new announcements and I think the games listed here are just those that have a release date and all.

I could see this being true. It might just be us being sad that this looks really really lame, but I can't imagine them having a whole "segment" dedicated to what would be a logo and a release window.

jmizzal

FWIW:

I was told that the source behind this image is indeed legit. And from what I'm seeing nothing is outrageous.

Now: these could be just trailers for example, and Nintendo have trailers for every Nintendo Direct announcement afaik. There will still be new announcements and I think the games listed here are just those that have a release date and all.

Exactly people keep ignoring the big folder that says "Main Presentation" and complain about the other stuff

Peru

Always ready for more MH and this seems to be one of the most fun MHs yet. Only thing that 'worries' me is that this being 3DS I possibly won't see the (handheld( NX as early as I had hoped I would. If NX was releasing this year surely they'd hold back MHX. Unless they plan to then release an HD version for xmas?

Xerotwo

Oh man, Capcom's trying to get us back from that mess of a launch that is SFV (even though it's sorta less of a wreck at this moment)

Love me some more MonHun tho.

Hooray SNES games on New 3DS VC!

"Please enjoy Mario World later today, then Mario Kart in three weeks, then nothing else ever again."

For real though. I already own like twelve SNES games on my Wii U. Please....PLEASE somehow at least give me a discount on those for the 3DS. I'd ask for crossbuy but it's Nintendo we're talking about.

Always ready for more MH and this seems to be one of the most fun MHs yet. Only thing that 'worries' me is that this being 3DS I possibly won't see the (handheld( NX as early as I had hoped I would. If NX was releasing this year surely they'd hold back MHX. Unless they plan to then release an HD version for xmas?

Nah, MH5 is NX.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pls make the SNES games into 3D Classics. I want summa dat steroscopic 3D Super Metrioid.

No 3D BS which means even more effort to port them over resulting in less games. Just let the WiiU Snes libary be there from day 1.

TDLink

If this is the actual Direct tomorrow

Then it is going to be weak AS FUCK

It's from the European one. At the very least there will be some different stuff in the NA and JPN ones since some of those games are already out in those regions. The "main presentation" folder could also be footage that is the same in every region and include games not listed there.

Gaspard

No 3D BS which means even more effort to port them over resulting in less games. Just let the WiiU Snes libary be there from day 1.

Well that's also some hopeful thinking considering we'll get maybe three games max day one and then one every two weeks or so.

Neoxon

I wish it would be for Wii U, but I've long given up hope of another port like MH3U.
You may want to wait for the NX Console if you want to play another Monster Hunter game on the big screen.

Its all a distraction tactic.
You may be right, all of these recent leaks could be a front. Nintendo could just as easily be directing our attention away from the real prize, info on the NX Platform.

Top Bottom