• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations leaked (MHX)

FZZ

Banned
A couple of things

- This Direct is worldwide
- Everything on that list except SF Zero and SNES on N3DS VC is already out in Japan
- European source

It's from the European one. At the very least there will be some different stuff in the NA and JPN ones since some of those games are already out in those regions. The "main presentation" folder could also be footage that is the same in every region and include games not listed there.

I just wanted Paper Mario man

;_; they've already been so dry with NX info, Kimishima is much less transparent than Iwata ever was and in all honesty for the few months he has been CEO its been for the worse. Plus he doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

I am a concerned 3DS and Wii U owner fam, I just wanna know what the fuck is going on with the consoles I own.

Am I the only one that thinks that this one is basically the G version of MHX?
I just have that feeling that the Japanese direct will announce Monter Hunter X G in their direct, while it'll be renamed to Monster Hunter Generations for us.

Just wanna tread carefully, as I really need my G-Rank missions :(

Neoxon

I just wanted Paper Mario man

;_; they've already been so dry with NX info, Kimishima is much less transparent than Iwata ever was and in all honesty for the few months he has been CEO its been for the worse. Plus he doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

I am a concerned 3DS and Wii U owner fam, I just wanna know what the fuck is going on with the consoles I own.
Both are gonna get a proper send-off, that's all we need to know right now.

Mr Swine

Banned
So is this Direct the one that will show all upcoming Wii U and 3DS games for the rest of the year if they are goi g to announce NX at E3?

So is this game as good as the classic MonHun?
If you're comparing this game to the original PS2 game, it is infinitely superior due to many quality-of-life improvements added over time in the series, a control scheme that isn't plain weird (who thought using the right stick to attack was a good idea?), and a whole lot more content to play with.

If you're comparing it to, say, MH4U then I say it's a worthy successor with a nearly equal amount of large monsters to hunt from all generations with past maps returning to complement, the introduction of hunting styles to change the way you hunt and flashy hunting arts to satisfy that "COLORFUL EXPLOSIONS" itch. Plus you can hunt as a cat.

You can hunt as a cat.

You can fight and kill giant monsters as a cat.

You can support human companions hunting monsters as a cat.

You can hunt giant monsters with 3 other cat hunters and meow them to death.

AzureFlame

If you're comparing this game to the original PS2 game, it is infinitely superior due to many quality-of-life improvements added over time in the series, a control scheme that isn't plain weird (who thought using the right stick to attack was a good idea?), and a whole lot more content to play with.

If you're comparing it to, say, MH4U then I say it's a worthy successor with a nearly equal amount of large monsters to hunt from all generations with past maps returning to complement, the introduction of hunting styles to change the way you hunt and flashy hunting arts to satisfy that "COLORFUL EXPLOSIONS" itch. Plus you can hunt as a cat.

You can hunt as a cat.

You can fight and kill giant monsters as a cat.

You can support human companions hunting monsters as a cat.

You can hunt giant monsters with 3 other cat hunters and meow them to death.

I want the series to be difficult again, after 3 on Wii the series became easier and easier.

I want the series to be difficult again, after 3 on Wii the series became easier and easier.
Aside from online play (I can't speak about that since I never played 3 online) MH has always been as tough as ever regarding the actual hunts. I think the reason it seems easier is because of the quality-of-life improvements they've added over time, and you may have just plain gotten better.

Because I really don't want to deal with stupid Plesioth and bullfango constantly interrupting me and Rathalos flying all over the map like an asshole and FUCK YOU PINK RATHIAN GIVE ME MY GOD DAMN RUBY

ahem

PantsuJo

This is absolutely false.
The biggest and hardest enemies in the old MHs were the camera and the rigid control system (especially on PSP).
And this is a fact, not an opinion.

SalvaPot

I don't get why we are getting so many Nintendo leaks recently.

Now Nintendo is going to just stealth release their directs so leakers are not in high-alert for anything suspicious.

Vuze

So i checked dates again:
14.09.13: MH4 Release
26.01.14: MH4G Announcement

28.11.15: MHX Release
03.03.16: MHXG Announcement??

MH4/G announcement were not as far apart as I thought. They could announce a G-version eventually? But considering MH4G was released in October, I doubt they'll meet the summer target for Japan, let alone Europe.

Haha, all the speculation... What if it's all fake :p

KeRaSh

To be honest the only real thing I'm interested in here is SNES games on the 3DS. I don't understand why this wasn't a thing since day one... Are VC titles cross buy? I don't want to rebuy Zelda - A Link to the Past...

AzureFlame

This is absolutely false.
The biggest and hardest enemies in the old MHs were the camera and the rigid control system (especially on PSP).
And this is a fact, not an opinion.

Try to Solo Alatreon in MH3 and compare it to MH3U, Deviljho as well.

Anura

Try to Solo Alatreon in MH3 and compare it to MH3U, Deviljho as well.

To be fair, Jho has never been that hard. Although I had 400+ Jho hunted in original MH3 so I might not be the best person to judge his difficulty. Alatreon though... Now he's Just a boring hp sponge and painfully easy hammer.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What are the chances of MHX/Generations to get a console (Wii U or NX) release? I gave up on MH4U coming to Wii U by now, but is there hope for MHX?

What are the chances of MHX/Generations to get a console (Wii U or NX) release? I gave up on MH4U coming to Wii U by now, but is there hope for MHX?

Probably not. I would guess we'd have to wait for MH to appear on NX(if NX has a shared library) to see a console MH. Did Verendus say there's s a MH in works for ps4?

Kathian

Banned
If NX and the next portable are to have similar architecture its not impossible Capcom will want something on there so they can then downport to the next 3DS.

Wouldn't use word impossible.

squall23

To be fair, Jho has never been that hard. Although I had 400+ Jho hunted in original MH3 so I might not be the best person to judge his difficulty. Alatreon though... Now he's Just a boring hp sponge and painfully easy hammer.
It's funny whenever I look back in regards to MH3 Jho. I was still relatively new to the series so when my party and I first saw one rushing at us out of nowhere during an early HR quest, we all frikkin' panicked and just BOOKED. I knew of Deviljho's existence I just didn't expect to find one so early on.

I don't think X will get a G version, since it's arguably a G version in and of itself. The amount of content is ludicrous, and it seems like it's a stop gap entry for Capcom to experiment with systems they'll standardise in MH5, which will of course have a G Version.

Kyzon

So this is coming out on Wii U right? I mostly just want the voice acting back, and my Girlfriend refuses to play monhon on handheld :(

So this is coming out on Wii U right? I mostly just want the voice acting back, and my Girlfriend refuses to play monhon on handheld :(

Well, Monster Hunter 4 didn't release on Wii U. And X (Generations) is already out in Japn and it doesn't have a Wii U version, sooooo.....probably not.

Vuze

Voice acting? Voice chat I guess?
Always kinda surprised that people used it. I tried it once and could barely understand anyone, quality-wise. Probably the Gamepad mic was at fault, but eh, I guess the built-in tech is what most people use.

Also no, chances of a Wii u version are super slim. Especially after MH4U did so well on handheld-only. I still think we only got 3u HD because Japan got a Wii u port already. Don't think Capcom would create a port solely for the west.

NeonZ

Should I remind you that in MH4U we got some exclusive DLCs in the west instead of the japan only ones?!

Nomura's armor was one of them.

EDIT: I think Street Fighter and Megaman were too.

It makes sense if Nintendo or Capcom use their IPs again to replace some Japan exclusive MHX DLC.

Fire Emblem is pretty big in Japan though, it'd be odd to replace some anime tie in with it, leaving Japan without it.

The content you mention there ended up added in Japan for MHX, rather than 4G. So, it's not like they actually missed out on it.

Chuckpebble

Voice acting? Voice chat I guess?
Always kinda surprised that people used it. I tried it once and could barely understand anyone, quality-wise. Probably the Gamepad mic was at fault, but eh, I guess the built-in tech is what most people use.

Also no, chances of a Wii u version are super slim. Especially after MH4U did so well on handheld-only. I still think we only got 3u HD because Japan got a Wii u port already. Don't think Capcom would create a port solely for the west.

Same, mumbly, and I couldn't tell what language I was hearing. Damn sight better than Wii Speak on the Wii version of Tri, though.

For MH3U, I thought the timeline was, 3DS only in Japan > WiiU & 3DS release in US & WiiU release in Japan.

Oh well, bye bye MHX HD NX.

I'm very excited though! One last Monster Hunter experience on the iconic 3DS.

When are we expecting it to launch? September? I think they will try to avoid the holiday season.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
So excited to fight Tamamitsune and my boy Nargacuga again!
Even more hype if this is X's G version, but whichever way I'm stoked!

Mupod

Seems too soon to be localized MHX. I'm just going to expect a dumb amiibo game and be surprised if it's not that.

You just made me realize that Monster Hunter amiibos are something that might someday happen and I felt a horrifying, deep chill down to the core of my being.

Fire Emblem is pretty big in Japan though, it'd be odd to replace some anime tie in with it, leaving Japan without it.

The content you mention there ended up added in Japan for MHX, rather than 4G. So, it's not like they actually missed out on it.

Yes they ended up having it, but it was on the Next game, not in the same.

Of course they would get the FE DLC at some point, but it could be used first in the West to replace Japan Licensed DLC.

Mupod

First off, MH4U may start off as easy as P3rd but it ends up harder than FU. I cleared MHFU G rank solo including absolute nonsense like silver los/gold ian in the arena and MH4U has nastier challenges buried in it.

Tri made the series easier in ways that no one should really be complaining about. Accessible online that doesn't require jumping through adhoc hoops, improved monster AI and hitboxes, a gentler ramp up at the start...all sounds good to me. Not like the older games couldn't be broken either, HBG autoreload says hello.

BioFan

Oh well, bye bye MHX HD NX.

I'm very excited though! One last Monster Hunter experience on the iconic 3DS.

When are we expecting it to launch? September? I think they will try to avoid the holiday season.

I hope Monster Hunter Stories will still be localized for the 3DS :)

So 2 more Monster Hunter on the 3ds! *cross finger*

Top Bottom