• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

Guys just a reminder this happened yesterday in this thread.
Ppl ignore it and you know why? It's rarely ever enforced. Look at the many ps4 games that get switch? I'll wait for the switch port, perfect for switch, what no switch it'll bomb etc. Nothing is done so I'm not surprised now that it's happening for a switch game ppl wanna get mad. He'll the mod post was the first I've seen speaking on the subject in awhile

Wamb0wneD

So we are suddenly ignoring Monster Hunter Frontier which has been ported to many systems including the PS4 and we are ignoring the recent Monster Hunter Online that's on PC for Asian markets? Or the many Mobile games? Just because a game isn't out on your region doesn't suddenly make the franchise exclusive to Nintendo hardware.

People clearly are talking about the mainline games when discussing this, stop being disingenuous. Nobody gives a flying fart about the mobile games or online when it comes to Monster Hunter on this forum and you know it.

Edit:

Ppl ignore it and you know why? It's rarely ever enforced. Look at the many ps4 games that get switch? I'll wait for the switch port, perfect for switch, what no switch it'll bomb etc. Nothing is done so I'm not surprised now that it's happening for a switch game ppl wanna get mad. He'll the mod post was the first I've seen speaking on the subject in awhile
I have never ever seen the bolded. It is annoying yes but can we stop making shit up please?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
People clearly are talking about the mainline games when discussing this, stop being disingenuous. Nobody gives a flying fart about the mobile games or online when it comes to Monster Hunter on this forum and you know it.
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of us and just because you don't care about those games it doesn't change the fact that the franchise is already a multiplatform property.

fireflame

No Western 3ds localization?:( Just asking because i skipped generations assuming there would be an enhanced version, which turned out to be XX, and i was hoping it would come with a better framerate than Generations and more content.

Verilligo

Just saw the bug dude, never realised it was announced. The game kinda dropped off my radar due to being an expansion but damn, he looks pretty cool.
What are the chances of them adding a few more new 'uns in the Switch version? Hell, I'd just settle for finally being able to fight a Pokaradon. Love it's design.

The bug,
Atlal Ka
, was never heavily announced because it's the final boss. Just like they never heavily announced the final boss of Generations,
Nakarkos
. It also feels a little odd spoilering the names of monsters in a Monster Hunter thread, but better safe than sorry.

Edit:

I have never ever seen the bolded. It is annoying yes but can we stop making shit up please?
Look harder

Wamb0wneD

Speak for yourself and not for the rest of us.

Ah so its me vs you and everyone else. Got it. You're right, i have seen countless derailings in threads over MH online coming to mac and i can't count all the threads regarding monster hunter mobile games. Please. Whenever there is a huge discussion regarding MH it's about mainline games. Speak for yourself and not for the rest of "us", whoever that is.

Seik

Banned
It will probably be the same 3DS version with HD resolution, and perhaps HD textures. It will look like Twilight Princess HD. Wait for MH5 to get a game in native HD.

But the game is supposed to be real fun, so who cares?

*Shows MHXX's Switch trailer*

"...And we have a special announcement tonight as well!"

*Everything goes dark for like 10 seconds*

*Awesome CG trailer full of promises*

MONSTER HUNTER 5

FOR

NINTENDO 3DS

WINTER 2018

Ryuuga

Banned
Speak for yourself and not for the rest of us.

I'll allow him to speak for me at least as someone who regularly plays MH. There have been 15 or more seasons of Monster Hunter Online and no OT has been created for it.

That said, these MH announcement threads are always a gas. More unique posters than the official threads ever churn out because people are in a rush to bemoan it's exclusion or champion it's exclusivity for their preferred platform.

Kuni

My God...

You mean I'll be able to play one of my fave franchises on a device that has a good resolution, control scheme, graphical power and more!?

I've held off on a Switch for now. Hoping they will be ironing out some issues. But MonHun beats all of those.

Can't wait!

Wamb0wneD

Look harder

You made that claim and i can't find anything, so maybe help me out? Again every other begging variation i saw, but the bolded is made up.

Every community on this forum portbegs, don't try to make this a one-sided discussion.

Also this really has nothing to do with XX getting ported to the nintendo switch.

Also this.

Edit:
My God...

You mean I'll be able to play one of my fave franchises on a device that has a good resolution, control scheme, graphical power and more!?

I've held off on a Switch for now. Hoping they will be ironing out some issues. But MonHun beats all of those.

Can't wait!

I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to graphical power with this entry.

Meesh

I still don't have a Switch, yet... But all I've been hearing is how great everything looks on that killer screen. And after playing the series for so long on 3DS, I really couldn't be happier.
...curious how the online will be. I didn't mind it on Wii. My kids are pretty stoked about this announcement too :)

redcrayon

No European 3ds port?:( Just asking because i skipped generations assuming there would be an enhanced version, which turned out to be XX, and i was hoping it would come with a better framerate than Generations and more content.

Well, we got MH3U on both 3DS and WiiU, it's possible it'll be on both here but with the Switch version getting promoted at a Japanese event due to it already being on 3DS in Japan.

If they've got the translation done, I don't see why they couldn't also release it, even if it's digital only. Difference in user base is massive. Could go either way though.

Anteo

Would be nice if this could be added to the OP, considering a single post gets lost very easily in a big thread like this.

Heh, it was not a single post. Mods were reposting/quoting that warning for several pages and the mh5 ps4 post would still continue. Im honestly not surprised people ignore it.

Dingens

You should read the mod warnings in this thread about starting up this conversation if you want to talk about bannable offenses. Better not to engage.

then they should probably put it in the op, since this is a 12k posting thread and nobody is going to read all of them.

You made that claim and i can't find anything, so maybe help me out? Again every other begging variation i saw, but the bolded is made up.

portable 3rd and MH3 were the same generation

we could sit and argue the complex nature of this series but all the blame for all this lies with Capcom

We may never know the true potential of the series as a multiplatform property because Capcom has always delivered too little too late.

Lets just rejoice in the simplicity that is the Switch port

Getting off 3DS is finally the end of a painfully long generation of portable exclusive 240p hell

No sense in even contemplating other options for the series until Capcom shows the slightest hint of interest in expanding it

Aleh

Awesome news! I tried the MH demos on the 3DS but I couldn't play with such clunky controls, especially on the original 3DS. I will definitely give it another chance once I get a Switch.

jahasaja

Tremendous news!

2 questions:

1. Is the story mode different from generation?
2. Is it the same monster that you have to fight to change level in multiplayer? (that bone dragon with the laser that kills you in one shoot made me quit multiplayer)

Wamb0wneD

You right apologies it was in a crash thread because it was a platformer.

Back on topic now tho

That doesn't really make sense to me but if you're saying you saw that "no switch version, will bomb" stuff in a Crash thread then my apologies. Sounds really outlandish, not to say dumb tho.
Also i hope the flashback in OP isn't too long :/

You're right, back on topic.

portable 3rd and MH3 were the same generation

we could sit and argue the complex nature of this series but all the blame for all this lies with Capcom

We may never know the true potential of the series as a multiplatform property because Capcom has always delivered too little too late.

Lets just rejoice in the simplicity that is the Switch port

Getting off 3DS is finally the end of a painfully long generation of portable exclusive 240p hell

No sense in even contemplating other options for the series until Capcom shows the slightest hint of interest in expanding it

Yep.

Localization shouldn't be too far off, technically 2/3 of the game is already translated (generations). So I would guess the release date might be the same as Japan.

Wamb0wneD

Yep, should probably be added to every thread OP to cut down on all the constant Switch port begging.

Writing that in a thread where PS4 port begging happens says a lot about you.

This thread has gone down the shitter, i will make space for the console warriors now.

Have fun.

MONSTER HUNTER 5

FOR

NINTENDO 3DS

WINTER 2018
there is a high probability this will happen, absolutely

MisterR

Writing that in a thread where PS4 port begging happens says a lot about you.

This thread has gone down the shitter, i will make space for the console warriors now.

Have fun.

I just find it funny that all of a sudden port begging is a problem when it happens in a Switch game thread when almost every thread for the last two months has been clogged up with Switch port begging. The fact that a mild joking comment about that situation has upset you so much says a lot about you.

Wamb0wneD

I just find it funny that all of a sudden port begging is a problem when it happens in a Switch game thread when almost every thread for the last two months has been clogged up with Switch port begging. The fact that a mild joking comment about that situation has upset you so much says a lot about you.

Nobody said it's only a problem now, people complain about the switch portbegging everywhere, all the time, and rightfully so. In every thread the begging happens there will be complaints about it. I don't see "b-b-b-but PS4 port beggars" in a crash thread though, for example.
Mild console warrior jokes are still console warrior jokes.

nubbe

MONSTER HUNTER 5

FOR

NINTENDO 3DS

WINTER 2018
I would be shocked if MH5 wasn't released on both 3DS and Switch

MisterR

Nobody said it's only a problem now, people complain about the switch portbegging everywhere, all the time, and rightfully so. In every thread the begging happens there will be complaints about it. I don't see "b-b-b-but PS4 port beggars" in a crash thread though, for example.
Mild console warrior jokes are still console warrior jokes.

Nothing console warrior about it. I have a PS4 and a Switch. I've just found the constant Switch port begging annoying as hell and thought it was funny that a lot of Nintendo fans are now upset about port begging. I really like my Switch, Nintendo fanboys, not so much.

sinonobu

Banned

MONSTER HUNTER 5

FOR

NINTENDO 3DS

WINTER 2018

I'm betting on 3ds/Switch cross platform release

I'm Switch-ignorant.

Can you play the Switch undocked but still use the pro controller?

Also yay Monster Hunter. Would have liked a version with new HD assets but beggars can't be choosers.

doesn't make the statement "mh went big on PSP" any less true. also doesn't change 3ds has a really shitty display.

anyway mh went big because of wifi multiplayer.
To many people, sitting next to each other is the only way to play MH.

Which is why the Switch port has the potential to be huge

If they set it up like other switch games.... It pretty much hits every type of player

Big screen with pro controller for those who have wanted a Console version for years and yet we still have EVERYTHING the portable version gets

This is the first time I can see the series Blowing up

Top Bottom